Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #897  
A Ghost Story.
x} it was cute and sad and weird. o-o
Nothing was scary because you could see the ghost the whole time, x} and he was wearing a big ol' sheet with eye holes in it. xD
Poor ghosties. :[

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 10-20-2019, 11:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Before Sunrise. Finally watched the whole thing. I know it's on a lot of lists of favorites, but it didn't appeal to me. Probably in part because of how dated it is, and also because of how the style and format influenced other films and so it already felt too familiar and expected. But also, I am too cynical even for Hawke's character. My beliefs were too different to really care about what they discussed. Aside from the way they approached romance differently, which I can appreciate.
Old Posted 01-22-2020, 12:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #899  
John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum. The acting was bad. The dialogue was bad. Overdid it with The Matrix references. The blowfish scene was cringey. Actually a lot of it was cringey. The Adjudicator character was entirely cringey.

I liked the first film well enough. A while back before the second one, someone posted that the sequels should focus on a different assassin each time, and I agree. Especially now, when they keep introducing interesting characters (except for The Adjudicator) only to spend such a short amount of time with them. John Wick's character didn't really offer anything new, just more of the same.
Old Posted 01-25-2020, 09:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Watched The Evil Dead finally. o_o; It was surprisingly entertaining despite it being really dated and super fake looking, and had really hokey acting for the most part. <x'} I guess I can see the sequels now.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 01-26-2020, 04:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #901  
Narnia : Prince Caspian

My least favorite of the books,
But the movie wasn't bad. :)
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 01-26-2020, 11:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
My Neighbor Totoro. I just can't really get into anything Studio Ghibli puts out. The characters didn't really appeal to me, nor the fantasy elements or storyline. I appreciate the way it tried to capture how kids behave and how it tries to encourage more positive traits.
Old Posted 01-26-2020, 11:46 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #903  
The Bucket List, in pieces as it was playing and I was in and out of the room. It was really good.
Old Posted 01-29-2020, 03:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
I Lost My Body. I don't really like flashback storytelling in general. The main character just came across as creepy. Didn't like the journey of either timeline.
Old Posted 02-15-2020, 01:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #905  
Us. Didn't really care for it. A major plot point was way too obvious. But overall it felt pretty flawed with plot holes and illogical behaviors. A lot of it just felt silly when it wasn't trying to be.

I just don't think I can enjoy anything of this type of genre unless it's presented as a dark comedy or at least doesn't take itself seriously. It's the same reason I couldn't get into Annihilation. The bear scene was just so goofy and corny, I thought it was a moment of comedic relief and would turn out to just be one of their dreams. Only to later realize that people actually consider that one of the most terrifying scenes.
Old Posted 02-27-2020, 03:07 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Parasite. I watched in theatres and I'm so glad I did so, instead of watching it on my own on the computer after its release on streaming sites. Watching it in the theatre really amplified the experience. There was a point in the middle of the film where the hall clapped, and considering how restrained multiplex audiences here usually are about reacting together, that's amazing. Never had it happen before whenever I've gone to see movies in the theatre.

It was a late evening show, and I came home and couldn't get to sleep for a while xD I was still so wired, the best post-movie high. I can't think of any scene or aspect or anything I wish wasn't in the movie. Every moment felt necessary and fascinating.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 02-29-2020, 12:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #907  
So B. It

It was my absolute *favorite* childhood book,
Even though they make a lot of changes from the book when they adapted it into film, it still was a pretty good movie.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 02-29-2020, 02:56 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Onward, which was better than I expected ;u;

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 02-29-2020, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #909  
Earthquake Bird. I liked the atmosphere. Even though it was set in the 80s, there were times it felt too modern and more of a romanticized version of what one would think Japan was like at the time. I could be wrong in that regard, though. The mystery aspect didn't have much of a payoff.
Old Posted 02-29-2020, 11:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
I saw The Irishman (again) with my grandma because she loves mobster movies, and she likes The Irishman, even though it's always her first time watching it despite having seen it around 4 times already this year. <u<;

Old Posted 03-01-2020, 04:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #911  
My Beautiful Laundrette. Didn't really seem to hold up. The conversations felt akward and behaviors seemed incongruent and puzzling.
Old Posted 03-05-2020, 03:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Watched the new Mewtwo Strikes Back pokemon movie.
It might be my bias for the original,
but...
B/ it was really lacking, almost like a copy of the original but with the cool music taken out, and ya probably wouldn't get it if you didn't watch the original since the explanations didn't make any sense unless you already knew the story FROM the original, which was WAY better voiced, and was funnier, >:c and sadder, and more epic! Also, they got the cuteness on point, but FORGOT to include PIKACHU'S VACATION?! 8C *tch!* >n< Wasted potential!
…
I will say though, that I liked seeing more Pokémon interact with other Pokémon and with their trainers. :/ Also they corrected team rocket saying Scyther's silhouette in the cloning lab was Scyther instead of Alakazam. <x]

;-; I wanna watch the original now...

Old Posted 03-06-2020, 03:31 PM Reply With Quote