Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Queen of Typoes
Default   #81  
heh.
oh i use my phone's flashlight! i need to remember those then XD

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-06-2021, 09:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Have been powering through my current books! Dostoyevsky is a very dry read but I am very close the the end of part one. Idk if I'll continue reading The Brothers Karamazov after that or not yet.
And am a small book (around 250 pages lol) away from finishing my 750+ page book!
Old Posted 10-09-2021, 02:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #83  
well that sounds pretty good! :)

i just got another book from the library... i need to update my sig. XD

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-09-2021, 04:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Lol. I put a book on hold for myself at the library today. Almost checked one out too, but decided I should wait until I've finished my in progs first. Hopefully I remember the title, forgot to write it down... >.>
Old Posted 10-09-2021, 08:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #85  
i put books on hold on the website so I'm not actually in the library to see what else is on the shelves... until I get there, of course XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-09-2021, 09:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I mean...working at the library means whether I want to or not, I see all the books.
XD
And I want to read them all!
Old Posted 10-09-2021, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #87  
heh yeah, there is that too.

back when I worked at the bookstore (Borders, from 2010 to 2011) i'd see books i'd want to read.... and request them from the library! XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-09-2021, 11:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Finally finished part 1 of The Brothers Karamazov. Putting the book back in my shelf until next year when I can attempt to tackle the next part in the book. It's...not a bad book, it's just a difficult one and I'm actually pretty glad it's divided into parts. This book is gonna be a multi-year project for sure.
Old Posted 10-10-2021, 05:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #89  
yaay for finishing!!

my current book is once a girl, always a boy by Jo Ivester. i met both Jo and her son Jeremy at a book discussion my mom invited me to, and it was quite a journey that Jeremy was (is still) on. but it's still interesting to read about!

i don't usually read non-fiction, but it does happen from time to time. XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Last edited by trystan830; 10-11-2021 at 12:44 PM.
Old Posted 10-10-2021, 09:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Finished the other book that I had been reading for months and picked up a much easier read from the library tonight. Which I'm almost 1/3 through already. XD
I gotta read more short books, lol.
Old Posted 10-16-2021, 09:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #91  
yaaay!!

i'm now reading The Plot by Jean Hanff Korelitz. i'm still at the beginning, so she's still setting things up. :)

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-16-2021, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Am almost finished with the book I checked out!
Could have finished it already tbh, but decided to save the last few pages for tomorrow.
Also, dug through my bookshelf today to pull out books I want to take over to one of the Little Free Libraries in town. Stuff that I read once but didn't care for or that I just don't really feel the need to re-read. Debating a few still, but it's cleared a good amount out, and then made a list of all the books I would need to complete the partial series' in my shelf. I don't plan on buying any of them except for the one Wheel of Time novel that I don't have yet, but just wanted a list for when I get around to reading them. So I can read them in order.
Old Posted 10-18-2021, 02:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #93  
yaay!

and i get that with the books. there's only a few series that i buy, the rest come from the library. i went through my books a few years ago and donated a LOT.

but i also get going through to see what you still need to read - i want to do that with my Dean Koontz reading. i've missed a LOT of his stuff in the past few years.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-18-2021, 11:11 AM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Yeah, I could probably clear out a good 80% of my bookcase just by...reading. There are some books I have because I love the author and the books or series and will re-read them until the end of time. The rest are either books I'm hanging onto because of nostalgia or books that just looked interesting so I got them but ha read them yet. I actually have MANY (like 3 actually) partial Dragonlance series trilogies that were sitting in a little free library. Because, as I discovered, the dragonlance world started out as a D&D setting/world so there are dozens upon dozens of series and books under the main series umbrella by many different authors. And all of my trilogies are missing a single book. XD I imagine those are series that I probably won't hang onto.
But I wouldn't mind filling out the missing books in my harry potter series (preferably from a secondhand store or through a book trade as I'm trying really hard not to give monetary support to Rowling anymore).

And as much as I should be taking on the book shelf, I have instead been eyeing all kinds of books at the library.
Next year, I should take all the books on my shelf that need read and mix in a handful of library books, write them down on paper, and draw them out of a hat. Or bowl. Whatever I have handy. Lol.
No excuses, I have to read my shelf books!

Ah, I used to love Dean Koontz! But then I was reading a book and realized it was VERY similar to the plot of one of his other books (I don't remember which 2 they were anymore though), and that kind of ruined his writing for me. Sometimes I'm tempted to pick some of his stuff up again just because I remember them being pretty easy reads for me.
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 10-19-2021, 10:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #95  
re Koontz - yeah, his plots are similar. i used to have a lot of his books, but I donated all but 1 - Night Chills. and yes, they're quick and easy reads, I concur.

re Dragonlance - I have the main storyline books - Chronicles, Legends, the Second Generation, Summer Flame, War of the Souls, and the Lost Chronicles. i also have a random Tales book, and one other one as well.

i only have two books that I own that I need to read. I'm working my way through the Alienist, and then the Three Musketeers. but I'm always setting aside my own books to read the library books first, as they have deadlines. XD

but back on page 1, where my post is, I have the series I want to get to rereading eventually. i also have the Poldark series at my library that I want to borrow and read as well.

and yes - read your books! XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-19-2021, 11:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ugh, speaking of deadlines, I should play around more with the chainmaille book I checked out before it's due back. XP
Already renewed it once.

Lol. Instead of reading unread books, I started to re-read a quick series. Trying to decide if I want to keep them or if they're more of a "nostalgia" series. Quickly discovered that I stole names for a lot of my first OCs from that book though, which I had forgotten. Lol
Old Posted 10-20-2021, 11:56 AM Reply With Quote