Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #5601  
See, that might sound easy if I was any good at sewing. But nope. That sounds intimidating as fuck. Especially since I don't really have any spare skirts to learn it on.
Old Posted 09-24-2021, 08:17 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Or you could go on Etsy and buy an eighteenth century lady's pocket. They're a lot nicer than fanny packs, and can hold a lot of stuff without yanking your clothes down.

I live in skirts, myself, though I insist on mine being mostly ankle length or nearly so. It's easy for me to have clothes for work, since a big part of my work is selling clothes. LOL

Hobby stuff news (though I kind of see work as a hobby too), I got a mushroom dolly finished, and her husband mostly finished. Then my eyes quit on me and would only show blurs. :p
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-24-2021, 10:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5603  
Having checked what they look like, idk. They're not really my style. Functional, yes. Cute....not in my opinion. I'll probably go the learning to make pockets option. Or just...not have my phone on me at work. Idk, it's not really the end of the world to not have pockets except maybe for lunch breaks when it would be more convenient to just have my phone and wallet and not have to lug around a bag. XD
But I have a locker for my stuff so it's not like anyone can walk away with it so that's not a concern.
Old Posted 09-25-2021, 02:14 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
There's also the option of a phone case with a string on it. I've seen some people go that way. Don't think it's cute, though.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-25-2021, 11:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #5605  
That'd bother me to no end. but I'm a fan of deep pockets, because I put stuff besides just my phone and/or ID/money in. dollies, shiny rocks, coins I find on the ground, a neat stick... I'm basically a corvid.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 09-25-2021, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
If I were to go with anything it'd probably be a "medieval" faux leather belt pouch or something. Those are more my aesthetic. But not something I'd necessarily feel comfortable wearing while at work. Idk. Will eventually work out a pockets solution. May pick up a couple cheap thrift store skirts to practice on.
Or may just deal with having my phone in a locker at work. It's not so bad tbh because I almost never get messages anyway and the people who do text/message me know I'm at work if I don't answer right away.
Old Posted 09-27-2021, 03:26 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5607  
I used to put stuff in my pockets. For some reason I don't do it as much anymore. Maybe because there's already stuff living in those pockets...

Got a vintage dolly in the mail today. A Wee Blinks doll head on an Original Doll Baby body. The box was pretty squished, and the postal lady was really mortified and worried about it. I opened it and showed her that Leela W. Blinks and her paperwork got through just fine.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-27-2021, 10:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I'm glad your dollbaby arrived safely.

Pockets-wise, I still occasionally put stuff in mine. Don't really carry dollbabies with me all that often, unless I've got my purse with me. in which case, I have two dollbabies in there (Knockout Kreon and a string doll Tam made that fits in my "Panic Kit" for when I get overwhelmed and need soothing stuff to fidget with).

Quote:
Old Posted 09-29-2021, 08:05 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5609  
I mean like certain rocks and buttons live in certain pockets. Though the pocket on my MLP bag has a frog doll living in there. Lately, since brother died, I've just been carrying a doll around under my arm or in my hand and to heck with what people think. LOL The other day a man at a place stopped and asked me about Silly Girl, and the lady at the til was shocked to realize there was a doll there under my arm and she'd totally missed seeing it til the guy asked.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-29-2021, 10:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Ooooh. Guess that's on me for assuming you meant dollbabies. lol

Quote:
Old Posted 09-30-2021, 04:24 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5611  
XD Well, logical assumption. They're pretty well everywhere else, including the kitchen and the bathroom.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-30-2021, 09:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Has anyone tried Bengal Spice tea? It's delicious with Wildflower honey.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 10-01-2021, 09:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #5613  
That sounds lovely, Ginger. I've been partial to black teas as of late, though I did just buy two boxes of unflavored white tea the other day at the Asian Market, because it's hard to find in the stores in town, and I'm not a fan of flavored white tea, because the tea companies usually pair it with flavors that are a bit too strong for the tea itself, like peach. Peach is perfectly fine with green tea or black tea, because they're both stronger base flavors. White tea is light and delicate, and pairs better with flavors like rose or lychee.

Quote:
Old Posted 10-02-2021, 07:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I think I tried the bengal spice tea once. I don't think I liked it very much.

In other news, prepping for a Derpy adventure today! Just waiting on my friend...who wanted to get out of town like 30 minutes ago but didn't take care of anything yesterday that they could have so now Derpy and I are waiting. Debating if I have time to work on a project while I wait...
>.>
Also packed supplies to make Custard's macaron. So hopefully I'll get that done finally. I won't have the stuffing or the yarn needle for final assembly, but can get the parts made today as we have about a 3 hour drive to get to our adventure destination today.
Old Posted 10-03-2021, 10:31 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5615  
How did the adventure go?

Also, I've found that sometimes a crochet hook works better for assembly than the yarn needle does.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-03-2021, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Omg, I forgot how little phone service there is in the mountains! But the trip went really well (despite my choosing a bad skirt to wear as it was prone to snagging on branches) and I got TONS of cute pics! Shared a few on Derpy's Instagram with more to come tomorrow when I will also upload them all to post in his adventure thread on Zantarni.
Just wish my friend would trust me to drive his vehicle as I know all the driving is a lot on him (and his night-vision is absolute garbage which makes us both very nervous) But he wants me to drive it more in town "so I can get more comfortable driving" before he lets me drive it on the highway. Which, imo, is a bit ridiculous because in town I have to worry about crazy drivers and other traffic whereas the highway is, granted, higher speeds but also MUCH lighter traffic and much easier driving in general.

But here is one of my favorite pictures of the day...
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 10-04-2021 at 12:45 AM.
Old Posted 10-03-2021, 11:45 PM Reply With Quote