Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #5633  
Right? I told myself I would learn to crochet so I could make them, buuuuttt...turns out, I just am not that interested in learning crochet. XD
I've tried a few times, but it's just too much of a struggle for me.
Old Posted 10-13-2021, 12:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
as i've learned (while teaching crochet) not everyone can get the hang of it. if you've never done it before, it can be real fiddly. fiddlier than the little amis, even.

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-13-2021, 12:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #5635  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
That sounds lovely, Ginger. I've been partial to black teas as of late, though I did just buy two boxes of unflavored white tea the other day at the Asian Market, because it's hard to find in the stores in town, and I'm not a fan of flavored white tea, because the tea companies usually pair it with flavors that are a bit too strong for the tea itself, like peach. Peach is perfectly fine with green tea or black tea, because they're both stronger base flavors. White tea is light and delicate, and pairs better with flavors like rose or lychee.
I'm a little late responding, I got lost

You know your teas very well. White tea with rose sounds especially like something I'd like to try. I appreciate your suggestions. Do you enjoy Matcha?
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 10-13-2021, 02:05 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Tristan, look at this! https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/TheTwistedHatter?

Kaderin, I'd love that book. It's so cute! This is the book that I have. And this is the kitten I've made so far, though in different colours, and she's not assembled or given a face yet.

I vote sparkly for the boot tongues.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-13-2021, 02:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #5637  
very cool shop, tam!

and a cute pattern book too! :D

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-13-2021, 02:41 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
very cool shop, tam!

and a cute pattern book too! :D
That lady really puts a lot of effort into showcasing her products. Did you see the lightsabres?

:D I think the lady who made this pattern book has become one of my favourite artists. Her patterns are well laid out, and the results are terribly cute. I can't wait to be able to hug my Sweetie Kitty and haul her around. I've already named her Misty.

In other doll stories, this is the little French baby that I just got today. She's so little and sweet, and her squeak still works, so she can "talk".
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-13-2021, 02:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #5639  
oh yes. hats and light sabers. awesome!

aww, the doll is cute!

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-13-2021, 03:01 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Why did I just have a mental image of Trystan (looking like your avatar, of course. LOL) walking around work in one of those hats?

:D I've discovered she fits in a hoodie pocket!

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-14-2021, 09:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #5641  
hehehe.....
funny thing is, while i like hats, i don't like wearing them XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-14-2021, 10:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam I am View Post
Tristan, look at this! https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/TheTwistedHatter?

Kaderin, I'd love that book. It's so cute! This is the book that I have. And this is the kitten I've made so far, though in different colours, and she's not assembled or given a face yet.

I vote sparkly for the boot tongues.
Sending book! XD
Awww those are pretty cute little kitties too!

Lol. I'll finish tearing apart (seam-ripping the seam down the front) the second boot this weekend and then will probably just take of them with me to work next week so I can lay them out to see what I like best with them. But ngl, am leaning toward the silver holo.
Old Posted 10-15-2021, 02:48 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5643  
Yay book!
Yeah. What I like about them is that many are largish, and it just makes them LOOK cuddly even in pictures. The stitches on mine aren't so comfortingly regular looking as on the original, but I guess cotton yarn's a little crankier, or I used the wrong hook, or it's just that I used multicolour yarn for her skin. I know the stuffing's showing a bit through her stitches, which I generally object to, but she's just going to be living here, and if I make her again I can use a smaller hook.

Silver holo, that's the one I meant!

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-15-2021, 09:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yeah, it's funny how even a slight difference in yarn or hook size can make such a noticeable difference to patterns.

Yeah, I figured that's the one you meant. Lol. It will be very interesting to see how it looks. Just need to track down a measuring tape to measure out how big the boot tongues need to be and then I can figure out how much to buy. Debating just getting half a yard, but tbh even 1/3 of a yard should be more than enough.
Old Posted 10-16-2021, 02:20 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5645  
Half a yard would also give you some for bracelets or Derpy collars.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-16-2021, 09:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Oooh, a fashionable holo belt for Derpy!
I don't do jewelry much, but it could also work for accents for a purse! Or like a small coin purse or something.
Old Posted 10-16-2021, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5647  
Yup! Whatever accent Derpy and you love best.

My coin purse has eyes, and his name is Ian.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-16-2021, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Awww fun!
I don't have a coin purse. Mainly because ai seldom carry cash. Lol

Also started sewing a dragon plushie that I've had parts cut out for several months now. It's gonna be pretty bad tbh. Like the instructions I have weren't/aren't super clear for sewing the legs so I'm 90% sure I did something wrong and a few parts on the leg seams have already popped open so I'll have to mend them after I get it all together anyway.
Am stopping for today on it, but all I have left is to sew half of the belly and then sew and attach the head. And I might hand-sew the wings on later as I missed the step in the instructions where I'd add them. But I'm officially frustrated so it's time to stop sewing for the day.
XP

Also may have caved and bought a scalemaille pattern I've been wanting for a while. I had been reluctant to purchase it since it was $14...and yeah...kinda not worth the money imo. I mean, the end result is pretty and it did have a useful bit of info for assembling the fabric drape and what size scales it uses, but the actual scalemaille instructions are VERY confusing and not illustrated particularly well in the few photos for that section. Like, I get the way she's making/assembling it, but imo, it would be just as easy and less confusing to just include normal scalemaille assembly instructions.
Don't get me wrong, I think charging what they do can be justifiable as pattern creators can go through a lot of work and spend tons of time and money to make the project and then make a pattern or instructions for it. And the photos for the sewing/fabric drape part were wonderfully clear and that part makes sense. And the adding chains/decor part makes sense, but I think $14 can be a lot for instructions that aren't necessarily very clear for half of a project. Especially for anyone who isn't super experienced in making chain or scalemaille. But rant over. XD
Ordered some supplies for making the project as it takes meduim size scales, which I don't have. Kind of hoping they arrive so I can make it for Halloween, but also got an alternate scale color for use for a future costume in more icy colors.

Tldr; was kinda productive today. Just kinda.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 10-17-2021 at 08:10 PM.
Old Posted 10-17-2021, 07:20 PM Reply With Quote