Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #33  
“Hmm makes sense.” HannaBelle gently sipped at her drink, a glass of water as she’d finished her wine. “Any witch with enough thought or emotion can be a destructive force….” Her tone held notes of knowing this first hand. It was hard for HannaBelle to not think back on all the times her emotions had nearly destroyed the home she had lived in with her parents before they figured out what she was…. A rare human born witch that had flown under the radar. One with potential...at least that what Granny Tamick had always said.

HannaBelle’s face scrunched up in disgust towards the people she imagined would go after Karla just because she was different. “Humans still like to say that the ‘Salem witch trials’ victims all ended up not being witches… just women who where outside the norm…. A few where in fact white witches...focused on healing and nature..To good natured to cast harm on a fly...even know in this modern world where we ‘co exist’ with humans they still fear us.” HannaBelle used air quotes and a soft voice as they finished their meal.

At the dessert comment HannaBelle’s face was red as a tomato and she was fanning herself with her hand trying to not look awkward… she failed badly. “Some ah… some magical items can only be properly sealed by a user of the same magical nature of the item….though I’m guessing that it would be a big no for whatever that book really is….”HannaBelle said with a soft stutter. It was clear no one had ever really flirted with the red head. Most of her fellow witches and warlocks saw her as a teacher's pet… good at a little of everything… well aside from Vincent…
------------------
Oliver fell back on his bed with just a towel around his waist, th young shifter rubbed his eyes as he tried to think of why, just why those ghost witches had been at the building...who was this master they spoke of… chaos would bring an end to the peace that had lasted for centuries… maybe that's what this ‘master’ wanted…. But that would mean his family would be in danger… and that thought had Oliver’s hackles raising.

A soft knock on his door had him sitting up, one of his uncle's opened the door. “Could you pick up my shift tomorrow Oliver? I forgot that Immagine had a doctor’s appointment for the little bun…” HIs uncle was a skinny man… more of a uncle by marriage to his Aunt Immagine...a fierce Lioness in her own right, had married the timid rabbit man before Oliver tonight.

“Sure Uncle Henry. What’s the shift? Packing? Cutting? Freeing and moving storage?” Oliver reclined back on his elbows as his uncle rubbed the back of his head.

“Aah no… it’s a… ‘special’.... Pick up…” was all the timid man stutterd out and Oliver knew he’d get no more out of his uncle… they were not supposed to talk about what the McDool Meat Packing Plant moved and shipped for the black market… or what the meat was….

Oliver nodded as his uncle left and he sighed through his nose. He had a feeling he’d have to text Ryan to say he’d be a little later than planned tomorrow….
----------
The night air was cool on her flushed skin as HannaBelle and Karla left the restaurant. The Pouch of rosemary tucked safely in the redheads bag. “That was good, I haven’t been here in a couple years… i missed the good food.” HannaBelle smiled a small smile as they walked, the red head wasn’t to sure where would be a good place to set about putting a seal on the book… she didn’t want to think about WHAT the book really was… mostly because she didn’t want to get pulled into any dark that would ruin her chances of getting her witches license and potions degree...starting her own potion shop for those who couldn't afford or had bad reactions to the bigger name potions companies.

The fact there were few people on the street seemed to relax the red head. She had a problem with tight places and cramped spaces…. Always had...so taking busses and trains was nerracking and she always had to reel herself in from using a shrink spell on the people around her to just give herself room to breath
Old Posted 06-20-2018, 11:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Karla smiled at the red heads acceptance of her magic. Most seemed more quickly to judge her than get to know her. "True, a witch could take out a room, or with enough emotion a house, the difference is I could do it with little to no effort, the last time I lost my temper I accidentally took out an entire cul-de-sac.. and this is before I started using blood magic." Karla bragged slightly admiring the redhead who had grown much more comfortable around her. She couldn't help but laugh at her turning to red at her comment of having the girl for dessert, shaking her head as the witch tried so hard to change the subject.
"Normally yes, but rune magic is very.... versatile, I can seal something away as easily as making that paper bird, as long as I know the correct glyph I can theoretically accomplish anything." She ran her hand against Hannabelle's gently before standing to her feet.
"It'd be better if you don't talk to anyone about this book, however there's no harm if you see me sealing it shut. We'll have an idea if it's really me that you're reacting to or not."
---------------
Ryan flung his notes across the room in anger after he had woken again, the pain meds were wearing off, causing him to be very temperamental. "Why can't I cast even the simplest spells in my notes any longer?!" He slammed his hands into the desk crumpling all his paperwork his hands pressed against his head. He glanced at the number Oliver stuffing it into his pocket. "I don't get it, I was capable of casting my magic before I took the job, WHAT changed..." The man groaned before returning to his bed, the nurses would give him hell for destroying his room, he had no idea what the woman had planned to question him with, or why his job was considered a success. "Maybe Sandra's just fucking with me so I don't feel so bad.. I guess I'll find out more tomorrow..." HE laid back onto his bed closing his eyes, it would still be another day or two before they released him, until then he would need to keep calm and collected until he could return to his research.
---------------
Karla grabbed onto Hannabelle's hand pulling her along through a near by park, weaving through the trees until they could find somewhere private, she circled around with the girl multiple times if only so she could have the witches hand in her own while she 'made sure' that they were indeed alone. She sighed letting the witches hand free and pulled out the book which seemed quite ordinary at the moment.
"This is a cursed relic, I found this on a job I recently had, its a grimoire of a necromancer that was causing problems, or a book of the dead. Any person possessing it other than its rightful owner would find themselves dead within a week because of the black magick held within its pages."
Karla placed the book down on a patch of earth beneath her as she sat in front of it. She motioned Hannabelle to sit in front of her with the book in between as she began drawing symbols in the dirt around the book. Immediately the drawn glyphs glowed a blue color in hue as she started her spell. After confirming that the glyphs alone had no effect on the girls tattoo she brought out her knife making a quick slice in her wrist letting the blood flow into the glyphs. The enchanting blue color changed into a more ominous purple, crackling with energy as Karla closed her eyes, the air grew incredibly thick as she finished muttering an incantation, the blood filled glyphs slowly creeped towards the book soaking into its binding embedding the runes that were once dug into the earth on the book.
Her eyes shared the same purple glow as she opened her eyes to see if Hannabelle had reacted at all to her magic. "Well? This isn't all I am capable of but it should be more than enough to cause some sort of tingle if its my magic you reacted to"
Old Posted 06-21-2018, 07:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #35  
“Wow… that is both scary and impressive.” HannaBelle had a small smile on her face when Karla spoke about the cul-de-sac, it was nice to actually hear about another magic user almost , or actually, losing control at some point...she tried not to think about if any famines had been in the houses in the cul-de-sac. Emotions and magic should not be suppressed is what Granny Tamick had told her once.

“My lips are sealed.” She mimed zipping her lips with a smile.

Once in the park HannaBelle settled herself in a cross legged position as Karla explained the book and a small bit of her job, HannaBelle had enjoyed the feeling of the other girls hand in her own. She had been blushing the whole time.

Her cheeks where dusted pink now as she watched and observed Karla. “This is a bit random but did you know there is a healing spell that is considered black magic just because it’s so rare for a caster to be able to cast it?” She had always found it fascinating that some magics were labeled as bad just because so few could perform it.

Being this close to the book made her rub her hip in memory to the tingling sensation she had felt before. It looked like a ordinary book but under the harmless appearance she could sense something… something that called to a deep part of her that she barely knew. She kept her hands firmly in the pockets of her hoodie however and let Karla work her runes.

“I felt something when the blood glyphs touched the book… nothing strong… like a deep humming within the bones that is comforting… you magic feel like… a zap of electricity, like the air after a thunder and lighting storm…. Energizing…” The red headed witch had a look that spoke volumes. It was strange, the energies of Karla and the book where different...but she had not felt the same tingling on her hip at the girls magic. She pulled up the hem of her shirt to look at the top half of her tattoo and saw that the small flecks of sparkle in the tattoo where dimming, that means that they had been sparking with magic.

“I think it was the book that my tattoo and magic reacted to...like something trying to breach the surface of a still lake… but not able to get there….” HannaBelle rubbed the back of her head, on the inside of her left wrist was a small birthmark, it was shaped like a simple crown… but at the moment it stood out against her pale skin whereas normally it would blend it well. The shape of the crown was familiar to those who knew what to look for.

Thankfully not many knew what to look for nowadays.
--------------
It was well past midnight, the witching hour when HannaBelle walked up to her home, looking over her shoulder she smiled and waved at Karla who had walked her home, the thought brought a blush to the young witches face as she entered the house, it was quite and most of the cats were nowhere to be see.

Creeping up to her room HannaBelle flopped onto her bed, disturbing a grey tabby that had curled up on the purple sheets. “Sorry Ichabod Jr.” The cat huffed and rolled it’s cat eyes before curling up again.

Tomorrow would bring changes to the city that no one would see coming till it was to late. So much Chaos was close to being brought to light.
Old Posted 06-22-2018, 01:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Karla nodded as she listened to Hannabelle "A healing spell considered black magic? I can't say I'm surprised... do you know what the spell is of? I can use my own blood magic to heal myself, or others if needed, I suppose that wouldn't be considered white magick by any means either."
She brushed a few strands of white hair out of her face as she finished her seal and shook her head. "That's definitely interesting, but there's no way you could be reacting to the book, the thing is the book doesn't really emit an energy, its more like a leech, it sucks and drains the life force or magick out of any magical beings. So its strange you believe that you're reacting to it when it should be impossible."
Karla stretched thinking hard about what Hannebelle said, she half considered undoing her seal to see if the girl was indeed reacting to something from the book she might have missed herself. She stared at the redhead carefully before stashing the book back in her bag, standing on her own two feet and offering a hand to the witch .
"It is getting late, here, I'll walk you home from here.. Thanks for ah, coming out with me tonight. I had a good time. Its nice to be able to unwind a little."
She watched the redhead enter her home, waving good bye before blowing the witch a kiss and turning back to her own place. She had rented a sad excuse of an apartment in the center of town, she never planned on staying here in the long term so opted for something cheaper but was starting to regret that decision. She threw the book out on the desk eyeing it carefully before flipping a light off and burying herself under her sheets.
"Even after getting to know her I can't help but be more drawn towards that girl." Karla shut her eyes deciding that a good nights rest is something she really needed after this week.
Old Posted 06-22-2018, 07:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #37  
“Saw it in a book once… I wasn’t allowed to get more than a glimpse as Granny Tamick noticed that I had the book the spell was in…. She snapped it away before finishing her purchases and we left….” HannaBelle didn’t think she had to mention that the book had been in the black market… the one time she had gone with the older witch.

HannaBelle shrugged. “ People don’t talk about the different way magics feel, like they have the good warm feelings for healing magic… and that tingle up your spine when a jinx or minor hex is used…. Or how a simple smile spell can actually make you feel happier...then again i think most people don’t want to understand how complicated Magic can be… more so if they are human… but I can’t rage to hard on them… my parents are human...and they try their best.” the red head had a smile on her face when she mentioned her parents.
-----------------------
Many meow’s echoed around the old kitchen as HannaBelle moved carrying a few bowls of soft food, feeling the many cats of Granny Tamick was a regular thing now, the older witch was seated at the small kitchen table and sipping at her black tea as her student worked. It was the weekend now and after the ‘incident’ at the Uni yesterday the school though it best to just give their students the weekend off. HannaBelle did plan to pick up her bike today, students who made money with their work would still go to the campus to work.

“HannaBelle, who is Karla?” The question spoken in soft tones made HannaBelle freeze for a moment. Looking at her teacher the older women held the black card with Karla’s name on it between spindle thin fingers. A old black cat with a white spot on his chest was on the table beside the wolf women, looking smug. Salem…. Of course.

Standing up and dusting off her jeans HannaBelle cleared her throat. “ I met her on my way home from the Potion House… she was lost…. Saw her again at the Uni… she wanted to take me out to dinner...that’s where i was last night ….” She knew it wasn’t wise telling to her teacher… but she had promised to omit the book form any telling of last night if she was questioned. Pale blue eyes bore into HannaBelle’s hazel ones before Granny Tamick spoke.

“I see… I would like to meet this Karla…. You have never gone out with someone before… not after Tabitha….and you’ve turned down many offers of companionship…. I want to meet the women who managed to get you out of your shell, if only a bit Little Raven.” The old witch said stroking the head of the black cat who meowed happily his tail swishing.

Nodding jerkily HannaBelle hazel eyes on the cat. “Ok… Salem what have I told you about going through my pantie drawer?” The stroking stopped and blue eyes narrowed onto the cat who blinked in surprise… before becoming passive and hopping off the table.

“I do not know what that boy’s obsession with… delicate are… you should ward your drawers if he is getting into them again Little Raven.” the soft voice of Granny Tamick said and the red headed witch nodded, going about getting her coffee before she popped some toast into a toaster. She still cooked in a human manner, something that Granny Tamick seemed pleased with, that HannaBelle was willing to not take a easy path to get something done was one reason she adored the younger witch.

HannaBelle had not heard her past girlfriends name is years… she didn’t even try to think about the name… it brought up pain...she absently rubbed her hip remembering that drunken night... shaking her head as she sipped at her coffee she planned.

Since Granny Tamick wanted to meet Karla…. HannaBelle would have to call the women and see if she was free any time soon…
-------------------
Oliver was not looking forward to this pick up… he hated these things… what the meat was… at least these shipments… he knew that other creatures needed to eat special… meat… to live… btu still… he’d always thought that at least by now in the modern times that someone would have found substitutes or made a pill that would negate the need for the special meat.

He was in the McDool meat packing plant uniform as he sat in the passenger seat of the truck his dad was driving. The old man really seemed to want to get Oliver more into the ‘family’ business and away from the path that Oliver wanted to strike for himself, away from meat packing and distributing.

The oldest McDool son, a big grizzly shifter, was currently spending a year traveling to sample meats of the world… something that Oliver’s father had paid for with pride in his oldest wanted to takeover the family business one day. The next oldest was a horse that took care of the finances of the business now, and then there was Oliver… the only one who had and was attending a higher learning that would not go hand in hand with his family business…

Magical Creature studies did involve a few months of learning what others eat...but it wasn’t all about that. He was paying for most of the schooling himself with the money from his shifts at the plant.

“We’re almost there my boy. Keep a flat face, if they give you lip just growl… or flash your eyes that tends to freak them out.” HIs father said his own eyes flashing blue, they pulled up to a average looking warehouse that smelt like death… and it turned Oliver’s stomach.
---------------------
The pick up had gone well enough, the packaged of meat had been loaded into the McDool truck with ease, papers signed and hands were shaken. Now back at the plant Oliver was off loading the meat for the others to process and pack for shipping.

Once he was done and his shift over he hurried to get himself in the shower and clean himself, he quickly texted Ryan letting him now he would be coming by the hospital to see how the human was doing, he’d even bring some of the cookies his mom had made that afternoon.

His hair was still wet as he hugged his mom and took the paper bag she handed up to him, his car moved smoothly on the roads towards the human hospital. He grinned at the nurses who blushed a bit, more friendly then the ones last night, he found his way to Ryan’s room and he knocked on the door.
--------------
After getting dressed HannaBelle called Karla from her cellphone. “My teacher wants to meet you…. One of her cats found your card, thought he’d get me in trouble the smug bug…. Any time you're free if fine… Granny Tamick doesn't leave the house much any more.” HannaBelle’s voice was uncertain… like she wasn’t sure that Karla would want to hang out again… as she spoke her hazel eyes landed on a old picture above her desk against the wall, a human with brown hair and blue eyes, was laughing as the picture had been taken, and wrapped in the human's arms was a younger HannaBelle, with a short bob of red hair and wearing a cat ear headband with a embarrassed flush on her freckled face.

Heart clenching before she told herself to breath as she waited for Karla to speak.
Old Posted 06-22-2018, 10:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Ryan walked out his room bumping into the shifter as he opened the door. "You got here pretty quick... I'm being discharged from the hospital other than losing my sight in the eye there's no reason for me to stay here any longer, that woman Karla sent me message she wants to meet us at the pub tonight if you're able." He rubbed the bandages over his eye, it itched, though more than that his loss of vision in his right eye had been a nuisance for the past day, he tripped more than once over his own two feet on the way out of the hospital with the werewolf.
He glanced at the shifter who seemed all too protective of the man as he occasionally stumbled he mostly shrugged if off but curiosity was getting to the better of him.
"So.. is there any reason you're so... I don't know interested in me? Already mentioned I wasn't interested in sex, hell I don't ever really care about dating or relationships of that sort in general."
He walked silently beside the shifter wondering what his answer would be.
---------------
Karla answered the phone excitedly seeing Hannebelles name, pausing for a moment shaking her head at how she acted. "Hannabelle! Miss me already?" She paused for a moment as the redhead spoke, glancing at her calendar making sure she had no important upcoming meetings.
"Already smitten by me right? Introducing me to your teacher seems like a huge step!" She laughed at her own joke for a moment shaking her head knowing that Hannabelle wouldn't see her body language.
"Well.. she's either worried about the sorceress who is stealing her student away or she possibly recognizes the card I handed to you, either way it'd be rude for me not to introduce myself. I can come by early in the evening if you'd like. I just gotta handle some stuff at the local pub before I head over, shouldn't be long though!"
Karla made a note to head to her witch's house before calling the 'exorcist' again confirming that he was indeed heading to the pub.
"Excellent, I'll be there in 20 minutes, feel free to grab a few drinks or food while you wait."
Old Posted 06-25-2018, 08:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #39  
“My family's home isn’t far from here… odd seeing as our kind have our own healers.” Oliver shrugged he held up the brown paper bag as the pair left the hospital. The shifter caught Ryan once, not bringing up the slip, just righted the human before they continued.

The dark haired shifter sighed, rubbing the back of his head, looking almost embarrassed. “Not sure myself...at first it was your scent… human but… different… might be your sixth sense...seeing as you could SMELL the ‘dog’ on me” Oliver used air quotes. “I find you interesting...never met a human that didn’t care about sex… in some capacity at least… There are a few species out there that only use sex as a for as reproduction and it’s not pleasant for either party…...but yeah… I find you interesting and my mom baked cookies i think you should try….” Oliver said pushing the paper bag into the human’s hands.

He ran a hand through his hair to try and pull himself back...the things he was feeling was just form never knowing a human that was like Ryan… nothing more….Oliver had to keep telling himself that… the last shifter in his family, going WAY back on the tree, that fell for a human and had them as a mate had been killed… by a human mob or his own kin…. Those had been very violent days… at least by the stories Oliver had been told by his older brothers…

Oliver nodded to the time for the pub. “Yeah I’m free, finished work early today and have the next few days off….” Oliver didn’t want to say how he thought the human shouldn't’ be left unprotected…
---------------------------
Her face was a tomato...not even two sentences form Karla and HannaBelle’s face nearly hatched her hair. “I just met you two nights ago! " the red head protested, the blush clear in her voice. “Maybe she recognized it… but she had to ask me who you were so… she’d really old…pushing 250… that’s ancient by witches standards… most don't’ make it past 210 even with modern human and magical practices….” HannaBelle was rambling… while she is sin a wheelchair Granny Tamick didn’t look older than a 80 year old human women, she had ‘aged well’ for a witch.

HannaBelle had seen pictures of a younger Granny Tamick and had been shocked to see the women had similar facial features to her...a regal standing in the magical government too when she had been in her prime… and a daughter.. ‘We didn’t see eye to eye on a decision she made… I have made my peace Little Raven.’ the old women had told a young HannaBelle when she had asked about the women’s daughter.

“That sounds find, need to do a food run any how… you’d be surprised how quickly 10 cats go through food and litter...that reminds me i need to pick up bleach….” the red head trailed off as she summoned her shopping list and added BLEACH to the list in her scratchy lettering. “So ah… later today in the early evening? Right… Hope you like cats.” The red head hung up before she could ramble again, her face was still flushed and she sighed… maybe Granny Tamick was right...maybe she was… smitten..

A soft mewl had her looking down to see a tortoise shell looking up at her expectantly. Bending down to stroke the young cat’s fur had the witch smiling as she grabbed a jacket and her wallet before calling out that she was doing the food run.

Granny Tamick’s pale blue eyes watched from ehr chair in the living room, in her wrinkly hands was grasped a picture of her and her daughter the last time they had seen each other… the elegant women with fire red hair and bright green eyes in the picture looked like a older version of HannaBelle with green eyes… the older women was surprised her student had not seen it yet… but then again the girl had grown up with loving parents...a war, supportive family around her despite her different from them… that was better then what the old women had thought…. No… it would do no good to dwell on the past… her Little Raven was alive and well, breathing and thriving with her magical powers… as best one could when their true magic lay somewhere, less pleasant.

Setting the frame aside the old women used her magic to float herself and her chair to her room, if they where to have a guest she better make herself presentable… if this girl, Karla, worked for who Tamick thought she did… then the girl probibly knew of Scorsserus Tamick and how the cold women had inherited the spot from her mother after marrying a powerful warlock.
--------------------------
It felt odd, to Oliver to be sitting in a booth and not at one of the tables in the middle of the pub, though at the moment Oliver preferred Ryan to be a bit more comfortable then himself…

“I can’t believe I’m saying things but I think we need to steer clear of booze till Karla get here… clear heads and all that.” It was clear the shifter was used to getting at least buzzed when he was here with his friends.

Soon enough a familiar, at least to Oliver, figure walked into the pub.
------------
HannaBelle was humming to herself as she pursued the fruits in the local market, a human market, not one of those fancy ‘legal’ magical ones. This was less chaotic to the young witch. She grabbed a few apples and pears, adding them to her cart full of cat food, both wet and dry, as well as five heavy bags of cat little, the coupon for those tucked in her pocket with her list.

Once everything was paid for she carried the bags, using a bit of magic once outside the market to levitate the cat little bags, the owners of the market appreciated that HannaBelle didn’t use her magic inside their store, unless it was a emergency.

Glancing up when she saw a crowd of girls all trying to look at someone who was getting into a fancy car across the street that the witch rolling her eyes. She would never understand the appeal girls had towards boys….

She didn’t notice the blue eyes catching sight of her, of her carrying paper bags on each hip and levitating heavy sack of cat little like it was nothing. HUmming to herself once again HannaBelle didn’t see the spark of interest in those green eyes before the male who was attached to those green eyes got into his limo and was driven off, a crowd of sad girls left behind, all but the girl with hair the color of fire.
--------------------
Time flew by and soon HannaBelle was nervously looking between the clock and the pot of noodles she was stirring, since she had not gotten a exact time of Karla’s arrival the young witch was antsy.

She’s roasted leftover chicken in the oven, and was making fresh pasta, Granny Tamick was resting in her room, at least that is what one of the cat’s had meowed to HannaBelle when she asked them.
Old Posted 06-27-2018, 12:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Ryan nodded acknowledging what the shapeshifter had to say, he was unsure how to respond himself, his mind filled with so many other things at the moment. "So I'm interesting, so you brought me cookies?" Ryan teased the shapeshifter, taking one of them out biting into it happily. Anything had beat the food they forced down his throat at the hospital, he hadn't cared the shape shifter seemed to be drawn to him in a more intimate way, hell he had dated a guy here and there temporarily in the past, though nothing seemed too serious to the ghost hunter.
"Awesome, somehow I don't think today is going to just pass on by like any other day. Hopefully I'm wrong, though I know that won't be the case.."
---------------
"Two WONDERFUL nights they were though, am I right?" Karla grinned it was too fun teasing the redhead when she was so obviously flustered with her comments, she laughed as she listened to the redhead speak and nodded as if she would witness the action. "If that's the case, and she does realize what I do then it will probably a more interesting night than you bargained for, I'm fine with meeting her. I love cats, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll be by later!" Karla ended the call glancing at the time before heading out towards the Witches Brew, the pub would start to get busy around now, though the more people around would be better at the moment. She couldn't shake the feeling of unwavering eyes following her ever since they left Maguscorps.
the sorceress shut the door behind her casting an inconspicuous spell on herself which would leave her harder to track or find if someone were indeed spying on her.
She arrived at the bar finding Ryan and Oliver inside, she ordered a round of water for the group as well as a light appetizer before turning to them both.
"Before we start, you haven't been followed have you? any strange visitors while you were kept in the hospital... Ryan I think it was?
The man shook his head trying not to scratch at the bandages that filled his face, the usual bartender eyed him and his table guests and shrugged if off giving him a look of wanting answers when he was alone.
"No.. I don't think so, to be honest everything since that night has been kind of hazy, I don't think the medication has fully worn off on me yet."
Karla nodded turning to Oliver who seemed to figure out her motives she sighed shaking her head.
"What about you shifter? Has there been any strange scents in his room? I figure you would have caught something while you visiting him."
Old Posted 06-28-2018, 07:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #41  
“Ah my mum baked them… he makes hundreds of treats every day… big family… and told her that I’d found you after a job gone wrong and took you to a human hospital….it’s the closest i could get without outright lying to her… and she can smell a lie a mile away…” Oliver felt his face heat up a bit before he could push the feelings down.

“Yeah today will not be normal at all.” The shifter said stretching his arms above his head, stretching out his muscles and in a subtle way showing off his ‘guns’ with the tattoos that covered his arms.

"My mum will want to meet you....our family tries to avoid contact with humans as much as possible... so for me to have helped one... she will want to meet that human....hopeful when my dad goes away on a business trip." Oliver said muttering the last part to himself.
--------------
“I didn’t smell anything off… just human over all in the room and the sterile smell of a human hospital….and his blood….” Oliver said with a shrug. “Even with the bandages over the wounds he still smells like blood...like the scent won’t leave him…” Oliver added after a moment when he noticed that Ryan was resisting itching at the bandages. The shifter also knew that wounds tended to smell like blood for a hour or two after they were bandaged, or longer if they were not treated properly.

He sipped at the cola he’s ordered for himself, while he truly wanted some good old booze to give him a buzz Oliver knew that it wouldn't be a good idea… he had to stay sharp. Karla smelt of freshly cast magic… so hopefully she had done something to hide herself with the magic… it was a strange almost not there scent of the magic. Oliver and many other shifters had noticed that magic, to them, had a scent that told more of its purpose then the spell itself. Because you could hide one spell within another to cause harm while seemingly doing good at first.
-------------------
HannaBelle had her flame colored hair up in a loose bun, loose track pants with the universities logo printed along the hips and a fitted teal green tank top, her comfy clothes, ones that helped her to feel relaxed and she knew she would need to feel as relaxed as she could tonight.

She was cooking some food for a light dinner, the spaghetti and chicken where finished now and she was working on cutting up fresh greens for a salad, using some magic to levitate things around when she was doen cutting to get to work on the next veggie.

It was only a few minutes later when she heard the old knocking on the door echo around the house. This was the only one on the block without a doorbell, so the knocker against the old yet sturdy wood was loud and could reach any room in the house.

“Just a minute!” she called out, setting the knife down and splashing water against her hands, patting her hands against her tack pants as she padded bear foot to the door, her heart hammering in her chest. HannaBelle was both excited and nervous to see Karla again.
Old Posted 07-02-2018, 08:09 PM Reply With Quote