Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #33  
"I guess in most ways, dragons are much like any other species. We....I mean they have families just like elves or humans do. It's sad that a lot of people think them as just beasts. Ones that just have a bloodlust and can't think intelligently. Dragons are VERY intelligent. They can read, write, craft, do magic, cook. Some just choose not to. Some are just lazy and would rather act like dumb beasts.

There are also different types of dragons as well. Mountain dragons, which are the most common. There are Slyph dragons, that can make themselves invisible as they live among the clouds. Water dragons that live underwater. I think they're called sea serpents though."
He said as an afterthought. "I have another book inside with types of dragons too with illustrations if you wish to see."
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 05:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Moira's imagination ran wild as Kerian explained all of the qualities that dragons had. None of which she was aware of. How did they do all of these things without thumbs? Or did they have magical mind powers which could move things as they pleased? She was so caught up in thought, that she didn't notice Kerian's misstep in words. After all, he couldn't be a dragon, he was clearly an elf like her.

Moira had heard of there being variations of dragons, but she had only seen the common mountain type. She wondered how each of these species differed. "I would like that." She responded, anxious to see illustrations of these magnificent creatures. Maybe someday, she could be like Kerian and befriend a dragon.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 05:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #35  
Kerian carried her back into bed from the outhouse. He went to his bookshelf and pulled free the book bound with dragonskin. When she looked at him oddly at the book's binding he sat down and explained. "Some dragons that are either sick and dying or old and dying, will donate their bodies after their death. Dragonskin is very strong and books bound with it will last for a very long time. A book like this should be preserved." he handed it to her. "I did a few of the illustrations in that book, but there are some others that saw dragons in other areas that I did not see."
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 05:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Moira had only seen dragon skin used for imperial armor, it was a sign of status. To see it so humbly bound was a shock. She wondered if Kerian knew the dragon from which this skin came. "Wow. Thank you for sharing this with me." Her eyes were wide with intrigue. All of this was so unusual, that Moira was unsure if she was dreaming. Maybe she was still lying on the forest floor, trampled by a boar. She stroked the book's cover, carefully. "Show me the dragons that you knew." She smiled a childlike grin, peering up at the man who'd rescued her.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 06:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #37  
Kerian undid a clasp that held the book closed and opened to the type of dragon he was.

Showing her that they were mountain dragons. He showed her the came in a variety of colors. He himself was a black variety, but they came in deep tones of pretty much every color. "Here these are the ones I knew." he pointed.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 06:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Moira leaned in, eyes widening at the detailed images. She touched the pictures curiously. "They are beautiful." She had a worried look in her eyes. "That's the kind that burnt my village." She pointed to an image next to the black one, it had a deep red color and burning eyes. She much preferred looking at the sleek, black dragon.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 06:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #39  

He looked to the page next to the one he showed. He gave scowl added with a frown. "Fire dragon," he said. "They are the troublemakers of our kind. I've known or seen very few that aren't hot-headed and quick to anger. They are also greedy and very selfish. They are the kinds that hoard treasure and are fascinated with gold and other shiny things. These are the ones you hear the most about because of the troubles they cause. Ones that are constantly being fought against and killed by humans. The mountain dragons are similar in size but don't breathe fire. We can summon fire, but not breathe it out." he said using 'we' and not catching himself this time.

"Because of our similar size, and the ignorance of humans, the mountain dragons often get slain for no reason. Or accused of being a menace when really, they rather just keep to themselves."
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 06:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Moira quirked an eyebrow, now noticing his misplaced 'we'. "You know so much more about dragons than any other elf I've met." She was ultimately a bit skeptical, shifting in her sheets to get a better look at the elf with black hair. "And you talk as if you are a dragon." She gulped before letting out a nervous laugh. That couldn't be true, right? It was just a rumor that dragons could shape shift. They told it to children so they wouldn't talk to strangers. At least, that's what she'd hoped and always believed. "I mean, if you were one, you wouldn't eat me or anything would you?" She pressed her brows together now, as if pleading. She wasn't sure that Kerian was a dragon, but something about his affinity with them, made her question whether or not he was harboring some deep secret. Maybe he was just keeping her captive to feed to his family dragons.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 06:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #41  
He cursed silently under his breath at his mistake. He slowly took the book from her and put it back on the shelf. He saw her look of fear of the notion of him being a dragon. "No, I won't." he said when she asked whether he'd eat her. "And...I am. I'm a dragon. But I'm not going to harm you. I've done nothing but help you. If I was going to eat you I'd of done it that day you were vulnerable in the forest instead of taking you to my home." He sighed. "This is why I wasn't going to tell you. I don't want you to automatically think I'm going to do you harm. I'm not like that. Dragons, aren't like that. Not most of them anyway. The fire dragons might, but I'm a Mountain dragon, like the one I showed you. I don't breathe fire, and I don't go after livestock. I kill deer and boars mainly."
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 07:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Moira clung to her sheets, wanting to bury herself in them as she listened to Kerian explain himself. He did help her out, so why should she distrust him? It was this deep rooted fear of dragons that made the hair on her neck and cheeks raise. "You are?!" Her anxious laughter resurfaced. "You must be kidding right?!" She rustled her hair now, trying to wake up from this crazy dream. "I mean, you're an elf. You're an elf!"

She looked him in his eyes, which were now drifting away from Moira's. "Show yourself Kerian! I don't know what to believe!" A tear fell down her cheek, unsure how to feel, though ultimately overwhelmed. If he were a dragon, could that mean that they linger around her family unnoticed? It was a sly technique, so how could she know that he was actually protecting her? Or perhaps, if he were raised by dragons, he was just a confused elf who believed to be one. She needed proof so she could move on from this experience. She wanted to know that he wasn't just trying to scare her.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #43  
He heaved a sigh and then looked at her "No, I'm not an elf. I just look like one. Those who take on a more two-legged version of themselves usually have pointed ears, and take on some sort of color they are in their clothing. Since I'm a black dragon my hair is dark, and so are my clothes." he explained. He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I cannot change in here, the area is too small. I would have to take you outside the home area and let you see me change in the cave area."
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 09:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
She felt silly now, in a fog of emotion. She wiped her cheek and nodded. "I'm sorry." It was her way of saying that she accepted it now. She should've known a long time ago. Moira didn't want to believe that dragons were any more than a ravenous beast. That was all that she knew, after all.
"I want to see. I won't - panic. I promise." She heaved, letting out a sigh.

Its all okay. He's still Kerian. He's just a dragon... I was saved by a dragon. She smiled softly.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #45  
Kerian watched her for a moment, and then he picked her up again. He carried her outside and he sat her against the wall so she could have some back support. He stepped far enough away to give him enough space and then his body glowed for a moment, his size growing and shifting behind the light. When the light faded, he was now standing there on four legs and scales. He lowered his head down to look at her with intelligent looking eyes. *Okay, here I am* he said not talking aloud, but more so in her mind.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 10:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
It was cold outside, and so was the grass underneath her. She held her hands on her lap, watching the dark haired elf shift. It happened so quickly, her pupils dilated in the process. He was - he was - "You are magnificent!" She blurted out after hearing him present himself. He didn't even have to open his mouth! "Wow!" She blushed, losing herself in his deep, oceans of eyes.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 10:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #47  
He stared at her as she admonished at his size and beauty. *Are you afraid of me?* he asked looking at her. He visibly saw her shiver because of the cold and he came closer, the size of his body radiating much heat. *Because I'm the same as before really, just bigger and scaly* he told her.

He remained curled around her, keeping her warm as she sat there. He would feel her body temperature rising because of him being close.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 10:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Moira beamed, unsure if he could read her thoughts or not. She shook her head, while thinking outloud. "No, but you are intimidating." She smiled, watching him loom closer. Her eyes twinkling with curiosity. His body was so warm, while hers was covered in goosebumps. She broke the bond she had, crossed arms gripping against her chest to keep warm, so that she could reach up and touch Kerian. As he curled around her, she stroked his soft scales, feeling his warmth. She smiled, every stiff bone in her body relaxed into him. A fear stung in the back of her head, reminding her that she had a family to return to. How would she explain her stay? She managed to force the thoughts back into her mind and focused on Kerian's warmth.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 10:30 PM Reply With Quote