Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Two Fish
Default   #33  
{ PLAYERS }
Rin rolled his eyes, Josef still blabbering on about whether or not vampires could get drunk. Though Rin knew the answer, he didn't understand why it was such a topic of intrigue for Josef. "They can get drunk, but it takes - on human standards - a lethal amount of alcohol. Most prefer to just get high from blood." He shrugged, downing his own beverage with ease. The sting resonated against his shuddering response. "Whoo! Top me off?" He held the whiskey glass and shook it towards the bartender. With disgruntled acknowledgement he snatched the glass from Rin's hands and filled it.

"I mean, I hear that they get a pretty good buzz off of blood. But remember back at the den? They went all in. They had wine and blood for days. God, sometimes I wish I were more than human." He sighed, letting his depression leak out for just moment before he could numb it with another swig of alcohol.

The guard kept his eyebrow perked listening to Josef. "Sure, we do need you fancy builder people." He flitted his fingers around his words, still obviously intoxicated. "But I'm not the man to talk to. That'dth be Jon." He leaned over to Josef, his sweaty arm grazing against the blonde. "He'sh right o'fer there." He pointed with a beer bottle in his hand to a man with red hair and freckles. The man was hunched over a table in one of the corner booths, scribbling on a rather large piece of paper.

"Whad 'bout you, fella?" Grim leaned back forward, looking across to Rin. Glancing back at the man, he stretched out a hand to shake. "I'm in." He shook hands briefly across Josef's area.

"Great! Good man!" Grim smacked the table down in excitement. "Barkeep, open the tab!" Rin smiled, relieved. After all, he wasn't too sure how he was going to pay for his drinks anyway.

{ HOES }
Though Drishe was snarling at the catty comments being thrown back and forth, she chose not to engage. The woman must've been bored out of her mind here. And it smelled like death and medicine in here. How could she want to be here? "You're staying here... for food?" Drishe never understood starvation. She could conjure bread and native fruits with the snap of her fingers. She could even produce wine. She had lifted many previous owners from poverty with these abilities. It pained her to know that people were starving still.

"Are there more of us in here?" Drishe pondered the possibility of breaking out and the consequences to this. She couldn't quite think of anything bad happening from it. After all, she'd be helping people! Perhaps the reality of rad sickness and mutations hadn't quite set in for her. Because she was wholeheartedly considering a prison break.
Old Posted 12-14-2017, 02:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
{Poles}
Josef tipped his own glass back seeing Rin down his in one go. If there was anything he hated, it was being one upped. His, however, tasted nice, so there was no following cringe, just the flashing feeling of it beginning to set in. The sugars in his drinks didn't do anything to keep the alcohol from setting it in. On the contrary, it seemed to speed it up. That, and he'd been emaciated in the hive with no alcohol save for that one night they thought it'd be fun to bring out the wine... “Ehm, me too, please,” he said setting down his glass on the bar.

Josef shot a look at Rin seeing some of his true colors, if only for a moment. “More than human? You saying something like them? You really want to be like that?” Josef had his head tilted as if confused, “Think of it. You'd never die...you'd just go on being tired all the time, seeing more and more of the world's horrors. Nah man, count me out. One lifetime is enough, I don't need several.”

Josef sighed at the fact that Grim couldn't, or [i]wouldn't[/b], know the word “carpenter,” and was actually somewhat amazed that he wasn't happy for another artisan, especially given the looks of all of these places. He could see improvements needing to be made everywhere, surely if they had any they'd be overworked. Josef tried to keep a disappointed look when Rin gave his acceptance and turned to Jon's direction walking over to the aforementioned man away from the cheers.

“Hey, are you Jon? I was told I could ask you about work. I've got some experience with building, would you have me?”
{Holes}
“Well yeah,” Lydia responded, “It's easier having it given to you than scrounging for it out there.” She tossed her head as if she were gesturing to the entirety of the wasteland surrounded them. “And if it's hard to feed a human, imagine how hard it is going to be for a vampire. If you think they're going to let you go feral, you're dead wrong about that.”

Lydia placed her forearms on her knees letting her fingers hang low and she looked straight ahead, “Wouldn't know. Haven't had a neighbor yet that's lasted for more than a few hours. Never really got a good look. Down the hall I know there was another vampire once, but I haven't heard anything from or about them for a few days so it's hard telling. Shit gets insane in here on a full moon though, so brace yourself for that one if you last long enough.”
Old Posted 12-14-2017, 02:37 AM Reply With Quote