Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #561  
It would be neat to get into pottery, but seems like it would also be expensive. Especially since there would probably be a lot of failed attempts that can be costly, as you try to learn.

I'd like to collect mugs, but not the novelty ones. Unless it's Gudetama. Hardly anyone seems to make 14 to 16 oz. sizes, though.
Old Posted 11-28-2019, 12:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Hehe! So true! ^~^; I tried pottery and ceramics several times, only to discover that I don't have very competent hands, and can't shape and sculpt worth a darn. <x/ I don't think I've ever made anything successful, other than a soap dish. <x'D In the shape of a fish.
That no one uses. ;-;

:] If I had the money and my own space place, I'd collect so many things..mugs, owl figurines, teas, stickers, buttons, rare souvenirs that have my name on them... <x}

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 11-28-2019, 09:40 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #563  
that's a dangerous slope to slide down x''D i collect so much useless kitsch! i long ago ran out of room, hahaha
Old Posted 11-28-2019, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Well, ahhh, maybe not to an extreme extent. ^~^;
...except for maybe the owls. >w>;

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 11-28-2019, 10:37 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #565  
Is there a clay center or pottery studio anywhere near you, Bio? Sometimes they offer really afforable classes. It's an easy way to learn without massive overhead.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-28-2019, 11:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
There probably is. But I can't afford any type of class whatsoever. There's a few hobby things I'd like to try to learn about, but there's also the issue of other humans being involved and having too much anxiety to deal with it.
Old Posted 11-28-2019, 11:03 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #567  
i stuck with rocks and flocked dolls(they are just so cute and tiny and perfect for making clothes) and now i have a whole section of wall just for that x''D
Old Posted 11-28-2019, 11:03 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
could bio buy children's terracotta clay? it can be baked in an oven and you can practice on little pieces of that until you feel confident enough to try it on actual pottery?
Old Posted 11-28-2019, 11:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #569  
:] Bead pixel art is pretty neat.
You don't need any human interaction to pick that up as a hobby.
And you can sell your creations as like, coasters or keychains or something. ^-^

Or,
Bead animal keychains are something too. :] I learned how in kindergarten, and it's fairly easy to learn without paying for a class. :/ But you'd have to buy beads and strings and key rings.

Old Posted 11-28-2019, 11:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
It's also a slippery slop to start.

My mother was an artist and actually did some bead work, which was sort of like that. But at a much more advanced level where she would sew the beads directly onto leather. Even much tinier seed beads than average for other people who use them.
Old Posted 11-28-2019, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #571  
Most crafts are a slippery slope.

Basically every craft I have ever picked up I ended up amassing way too many supplies.

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 11-28-2019, 11:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
:] Well, if beads are not your thing,
:/ and might be a pain to work with since it requires patience and shorter nails,
*shrug* how about making your own art with your favorite or best type of medium? :]
Like painting songs? Or collages?

One requires paint and canvas, and the other scizzors, glue, and magazines. <u<;

Old Posted 11-28-2019, 11:25 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #573  
aren't masses of art supplies the whole point of crafts? X''D
Old Posted 11-28-2019, 11:33 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Collecting craft supplies and actually using them are actually two different hobbies entirely.

There are a lot of crafts that have low start-up costs. Is there a particular medium or style that just really calls to you?

Old Posted 11-28-2019, 11:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #575  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekatra View Post
Collecting craft supplies and actually using them are actually two different hobbies entirely.
o_o;;;...…..*looks away, incredibly guilty of not using collected supplies* >~>;;;

Old Posted 11-28-2019, 11:45 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I have loads of untouched supplies that I'll uh... let's say I'll get around to using them someday.

Old Posted 11-28-2019, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
*picks nose*, first hangout ever, meh?, merskelly metalien, that weird pond