Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #2849  
Found the perfect gift for Derpy! (And me...)
Old Posted 02-14-2020, 09:29 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
That's the perfect gift for anyone 8D

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 02-14-2020, 09:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #2851  
I especially appreciate that instead of being a cheesy "all you need is love", it is coffee and chocolate.

Dear chocolate company,
Thank you for making a more aromantic-friendly box without love quotes or valentine puns, which would also be perfect for a friend or family gift without being awkward.
Old Posted 02-14-2020, 09:41 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Yes. Cause coffee and chocolate = love 8D

Old Posted 02-14-2020, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #2853  
i... don't like coffee. tea, on the other hand... :)

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-14-2020, 10:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Chocolate, coffee, and tea are all good. And they can be good together. Like in the military latte.
Old Posted 02-15-2020, 01:38 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #2855  
>Goes to Joann's and thinks she got everything she needed
>REMEMBERS SHE FORGOT TWO THINGS AFTER GETTING HOME

rip me ;u;

Old Posted 02-15-2020, 04:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBeary View Post

rip me ;u;
I know the feeling. I'm building a fancy headboard for my new bed, and I went to Home Depot and bought $300 worth of lumber...

... went back a couple days later to get more because I totally forgot about a few parts from my design drawing.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-15-2020, 04:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #2857  
Coda, was the moon on top of the page changed to stay in position when scrolling? Or was it always that way? Something seems to have changed here that makes scrolling stutter.
Old Posted 02-15-2020, 04:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
I don't like coffee at all, but I certainly love how the chocolate company made a non-lovey-dovey valentine's box ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I've never had this evaluated in me, but I DON'T subvocalize when I read (I don't imagine hearing the words in my head).
Funny thing is, I'm the complete opposite to those subvocalizing folks: my reading speed is like quadruple my talking speed, and whenever I hear someone speak about complicated matters, I need to concentrate and imagine the words as a written text to fully understand them.

I had my hearing tested in elementary school, because they noticed I was sometimes slow to respond, could not retain all information on the phone, or identify my name among other background noise. Results proved I hear well enough, and I was smart too, so since then my aunts considered me a snotty brat.
Old Posted 02-15-2020, 08:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2859  
i am a feral little man.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 02-15-2020, 11:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomecha View Post
Coda, was the moon on top of the page changed to stay in position when scrolling? Or was it always that way? Something seems to have changed here that makes scrolling stutter.
It's had the same scrolling behavior ever since we changed the header graphics, but scrolling behavior is one of those things that humans are particularly sensitive to -- we notice those kinds of disruptions to what should otherwise seem to be natural movement. It's probably a bug introduced in the latest update of your browser, and I would hope the developers notice it and fix it in the next release.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-15-2020, 12:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2861  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death by Mirrors View Post
Funny thing is, I'm the complete opposite to those subvocalizing folks: my reading speed is like quadruple my talking speed, and whenever I hear someone speak about complicated matters, I need to concentrate and imagine the words as a written text to fully understand them.
Quadruple isn't that crazy. 100-120wpm is a fairly typical speaking speed in English (with professionals who actually practice talking able to get up to 200wpm while remaining intelligible) and 300wpm is considered common among college students as I mentioned -- so that's triple already. Subvocalizing isn't limited by the physical constraints of your body. You can't flub your words when you're subvocalizing, so that's capable of going MUCH faster than actual speech.

That said, it's probably completely irrelevant to your case. :P Some people are just wired differently, and your language center is probably built a lot more visually than the average. (People who are fluent in sign language take similar advantage of the fact that you can process language independently of any specific sense.)

I've tried visualizing words in my head as I listen to someone. It's interesting, but I actually can't do it very well. It takes too much attention to translate the language from auditory form to visual form, so if I'm trying to see the words in my head I'm more likely to forget what it is I'm actually hearing. I have a similar issue when listening to music sung in Japanese; I'm good enough at the language to pick up on key ideas in the lyrics, but if you ask me to translate what they said I'm going to blank out on it because trying to retain that mental context AND synthesize new information at the same time... yeah, that doesn't work too well for me.

Quote:
I had my hearing tested in elementary school, because they noticed I was sometimes slow to respond, could not retain all information on the phone, or identify my name among other background noise. Results proved I hear well enough, and I was smart too, so since then my aunts considered me a snotty brat.
That's a symptom of a sensory processing disorder, and there's a lot of evidence to suggest that at least some types of ADHD fall into that category. I definitely have that issue myself -- my hearing is perfectly fine, but my ability to pick up on sounds against background noise is awful and it's been getting worse as I get older.

Old Posted 02-15-2020, 12:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBeary View Post

rip me ;u;
totally accurate. i've done this myself, and have seen customers where i work do it as well...like yesterday, in fact!

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-15-2020, 01:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #2863  
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
i... don't like coffee. tea, on the other hand... :)
>xD Ha HA! *high fives trystan for alike vibes* Yea! >X3

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-15-2020, 01:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
>xD Ha HA! *high fives trystan for alike vibes* Yea! >X3
i pretty much like tea, crochet, chocolate, books, and cats. :)

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-15-2020, 01:53 PM Reply With Quote