Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Io, Jupiter
Default   #65  
But aren't you supposed to "open" them by clicking the Usable tab?
Old Posted 01-01-2018, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Yeah, you're supposed to be able to shoot them off using the useables tab.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 01-01-2018, 11:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #67  
I thought so, and for some reason I lost my usable tab.
I know I had it because I would use it to open the anka eggs.
Old Posted 01-02-2018, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Just making absolutely sure you're not in the avi editor are you? I accidentally clicked into it a couple times and got 1200% confused cuz my tab was gone.

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 01-02-2018, 12:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #69  
No I'm in the regular avi place.
Old Posted 01-02-2018, 12:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
yeah, i thought they were in the Useable tab too.. i dunno

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-02-2018, 12:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #71  
Well I messaged Toho, hopefully he can help me figure it out.
Old Posted 01-02-2018, 12:22 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
cool Mekatra!

if it's the firecrackers, i found them in my Accessories tab.
I was wondering if there was a way to use just the firecracker. Found it there.

Usable tab might be a bit tweaky. I suddenly have an item in there that doesn't belong.
Old Posted 01-02-2018, 07:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #73  
yeah, i think the usable tab and the fireworks are a little glitchy?

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-02-2018, 11:01 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Site development adventures weee~

So I started reading this book because my friend said it was REALLY good and I got it for free on my Kindle Unlimited... but jeeze it's cringy. The way they described it was that it was about a college kid that gets caught up in some magical nonsense and turns into the lion form of a werewolf and has to deal with that... but what this book kinda reads like is college kid gets turned into a werelion and does a lot of hanky panky with his conveniently a werecheetah neighbor and her witchy sometimes lover. There are other things happening, but there's a LOT of emphasis on the naughty.

Also it's kinda... meh on the plot. XD I'm still counting it as a book I read (it was really short and while I kept hoping the plot would get more interesting it stalled out a lot in my opion) I wouldn't recommend it unless you're just REALLY into cishet paranormal romance.

Old Posted 01-02-2018, 04:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #75  
i mean, i read paranormal romance, that's what Sherrilyn Kenyon writes... but i also like a plot, too.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-02-2018, 10:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ah yes...paranormal romance. I used to like Laurell K. Hamilton's two main paranormal romance series (not sure if she has more, I just know of the Anita Blake and Meredith Gentry ones) they were okay, but I kind of hated how in the Anita series, Anita starts off all bad-ass, no compromising, powerful woman, and through the course of the series kind of becomes an out of control sex fiend (admittedly, I haven't read past Skin Trade), but she used to be sort of the kind of person who didn't make mistakes or who at least would take responsibility for her actions, but then at some point just get all "sorry, vampire thrall, were-animal hormones, can't control it!" excuses all the time.
And maybe I'm just ranty over nothing; maybe the books really don't come across that way and I'm just reading too much into it, but it feels like the books became less about Anita and her necromancy and life specifically and became more like "let's see how many times she can have sex in 300 pages".
Old Posted 01-02-2018, 10:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #77  
ah, yes, LKHamilton. i read Anita and Merry religiously. i've read all of both of them, with the exception of the most recent Anita - Crimson Death (it came out in October of 2016 (thanks wiki!)). it's #25. and yes it did get to be "let's see how many times she can have sex in 300 pages" and not much plot.

my understanding of it (along with some of LKH's blog posts that i'm remembering) was that some time ago, her publisher basically said that her characters were a bit tooo much erotic (? maybe. something like that) - so.... LKH introduced a plot device that needed sex to work (the ardeur) and that's what she continued to write from that point onwards.... so i don't think it's just you, Kaderin.

the biggest reason i didn't read Crimson Death was that it's a HUGE hardback book. the other reason was that out of the 720 pages (thanks Amazon!), about only 100 of them would probably be plot. now, i'm okay with a smutty novel or two, but -- and like with Kenyon also -- i'm starting to want more diversity with my plots to be honest.

Kenyon's novels aren't all that smutty, but she keeps using the same formula ad nauseum... but i still keep reading 'em. XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Last edited by trystan830; 01-02-2018 at 10:41 PM. Reason: clarification and typoes
Old Posted 01-02-2018, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I mean, honestly, I'm not really big into smutty stories. I liked the Anita ones because the first few actually had a really good plot and a potential for some really good relationship conflict with Jean Claude. But the smuttier it got, the less excited about the next books I would get. I kept hoping they would get better, but they never did.

I never kept up with the Merry ones really, they also (if I recall) were very much smut based, but I recall there being initially a decent plot? I don't really remember the ones I read very well since it was just maybe 2 or 3 of them and many years ago.
I did get into Kresley Cole for a while (again in high school), and those were kind of fun. Again with smutty, but the plots weren't terrible for being quick little romances and they did have characters that definitely were referenced and made cameos throughout the series.
Old Posted 01-02-2018, 10:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #79  
the Merry ones were originally based on Merry having an heir, and bringing back magick to the faerie mounds, which was all sex-based. for some reason, that storyline didn't get draggy like the Anita series did for me.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-02-2018, 10:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yeah that's what it was!
I mean, lots of sex in an attempt to conceive an heir is at least a plausible reason for excessive smut. It's pretty simple and not really that imaginative, but at least it's kind of a good excuse?

I do like the Kushiel's Dart series by Jacqueline Carey because, while there is some light smut/sex (frequently with decently written s&m), it also has a lot of conflict and political intrigue and an actual plot. I've only gotten through the first 2 books though just because I keep forgetting to look for the next one when I'm at a book store.
Old Posted 01-02-2018, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote