Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Queen of Typoes
Default   #81  
oh. good point.

what is it you're wanting to make?

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-21-2020, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Tbh, the one thing I've wanted to make more than anything is a book colors Ravenclaw scarf.
But I don't think I have a bronze in my stash and the whole point of the projects are to use my currently owned yarns without bringing any new ones in.
BUT I also have a really lovely shawl pattern I could add to my list as well that I've wanted to make for a while as well. And can reward myself with bronze yarn at the end of the year (or maybe for my birthday) for my scarf.
Old Posted 01-21-2020, 11:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #83  
ah cool. and i understand about (a)not wanting to get new yarn and (b) rewarding yourself with yarn when you're ready for it,

and i made a book-color scarf some years ago for my younger daughter.... but i ended up with it myself. XD

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-22-2020, 12:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
That is lovely! Any chance you remember what yarns you used for it?

I'm thinking of going with the other scarf version. I think in the movies the first year or two they had the larger color blocks and then the later years they had the thinner accent color stripes. So I'll probably do the one with the thinner stripes. Or both if I get enough yarn for it. Or matching hat and fingerless gloves. Lol.
We'll see.
I should put it on a different "long term" project list. For once my current WiPs and stash busting is finished.
Old Posted 01-22-2020, 12:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #85  
yeah, i've thought about redoing it with the thinner stripes.

the colors are Lion Brand Heartland yarn - the blue is Olympic and the bronze is Yosemite.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-22-2020, 12:14 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
i finished reading Stephen King's On Writing, my first book finished towards this year's challenge! my favourite quote from it is: 'Life is not a support system for art. It's the other way around.'
currently i'm reading Munnu: A Boy from Kashmir and loving it. Really beautiful use of the graphic novel form, and just great storytelling all around. i hope to finish it in the next few days.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 01-22-2020, 12:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #87  
Quote:
Originally Posted by daikokunyo
'Life is not a support system for art. It's the other way around.'
oooh awesome quote!

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-22-2020, 12:19 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
i know right! it's what i needed to read, to stop making excuses for myself and just write.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 01-23-2020, 09:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #89  
i generally just write in november. :D

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-23-2020, 11:25 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I have On Writing but I've only made it half-way through and that was a while ago. It's still on my shelf here, somewhere, in wrapping paper so when I pull it out it will be a surprise.

Do you happen to do finger puppet, Kaderin? I picked up a bunch of felt last year to make felt boards for library storytime and such but I've yet to get to it. Finger and hand puppets are great for kids entertainment, and not as easily found as they used to be.

I still have it in my head to gather my friends and family that craft and all do a stuff swap between each other. We all have things we don't have ideas for, but don't want to get rid of because of cost. One day I'll use my yarn...one day.

Finished Wayward Son. It was a step up in intensity from Carry On but the cliff hanger wasn't actually that bad (but then, I knew it was coming). Baz remains my favourite character. "Go ahead and shoot me. This isn't my favourite shirt."

NOW I'll have to wait for book three to come out. I guess I'll finish Abalone Summer. It's not very engaging so I'll be passing it on once I'm done.
Old Posted 01-24-2020, 04:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #91  
I do not do finger puppets. Mostly because I don't think a loom knit pattern for them exists. And also because I am not sure that I even have any glove pattern currently that would help with the finger part of it.
Old Posted 01-24-2020, 11:14 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Is a loom knit a loop or something? Like for little tubes? I know very little about knitting beyond knit and purl and...not sure I know any other terms. I just make a square and sew it shut.

No further progress in reading. Distracted my a mouse in my supply drawer. At least it dodged my bag of felt an fabrics.
Old Posted 01-25-2020, 01:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #93  
So...loom knitting is different (yet similar) to needle knitting. However, a lot of the smaller gauges are hard or even impossible to do with looms at the moment. But as loom knitting gains more crafters, there have been a lot more loom varieties coming out.

These are all looms. Most of them are only really suitable for bulky or super bulky yarns unless you want your project very lacy. A few of them would also be fine for Dk to worsted weight yarns and one or two could possibly be okay for sock yarns.
If I can find my extra fine gauge sock loom, I could possibly use your method for finger puopets. Not sure what I'd do with them after that though...
What size/dimensions do you make your square?
Old Posted 01-25-2020, 12:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
finally got Twisted Twenty-Six! woot! and i'll be starting reading it tomorrow. :)

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-25-2020, 05:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #95  
finished reading Twisted Twenty-Six by Janet Evanovich.... the next book doesn't have a twenty-seven in the title! :O

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-30-2020, 07:36 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
wait so like she wrote more than twenty six books in a series? or?

while reading munnu i'm also reading academy girls by nora carroll alongside. cause i'm used to reading novels alongside graphic narratives. the way i read webtoons alongside fanfic

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 01-31-2020, 10:52 AM Reply With Quote