Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #17  
I think the first of the allrgb set has more in the way of fine-detail swirls.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-04-2014, 01:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Stuff that happens when stuff doesn't load:

STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-04-2014, 06:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #19  
I really wish I could do that.
*Doesn't understand the first thing about connecting programming to visuals*

>.> Honestly being able to do that to me makes you a god <.<
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Last edited by Lawtan; 05-04-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old Posted 05-04-2014, 06:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
So, what would you call wanting to know how to do/learn everything?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-04-2014, 07:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #21  
Unresolved ambition. And likely personal foolhardiness.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 05-04-2014, 08:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Necromancer
Tripy circles. X o X
I tryed doing fractals at one point in the past and they didn't turn out well. I hate math too, so I'm guessing that was the problem.
"Selfish, I suppose. Not to want to spend my entire life screaming on the inside."

Old Posted 05-06-2014, 01:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #23  
Yeah, you definitely have to appreciate math to stick with it very long.

I remember I used to despise math, but it turned out that I only despised math CLASSES.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-06-2014, 09:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Oh man. So trippy. I like. I will have to look at these after I have smoked.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 05-01-2017, 09:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #25  
Ha, I forgot about this thread. Now I kinda wanna go render some more stuff with different parameters.

I have other things to do, though. Even discounting work and packing for my move, if I spend time hacking on creative stuff I want to spend it on algorithmic music instead of graphics. I've got some ideas that have been floating around in my head for a long time on how to try to get past the problems most algorithmic music systems run into.

Old Posted 05-02-2017, 11:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Oh cool! You should share when you got a piece you like.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 05-04-2017, 10:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #27  
Wow Coda, that's some pretty neat stuff. Even if it is just a render, still probably takes some tweaking to make it look like anything interesting. Makes you an artist in my book ;)

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 05-14-2017, 11:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Well, this isn't algorithmic music, but it's still music -- I realized I need to get some more practice in writing music myself before I can ever have a chance of teaching a computer how to do it.

So I wrote this: https://xmpps.greenmaw.com/~coda/stuff/mm2style.m4a

Or you can also see it this way: https://xmpps.greenmaw.com/~coda/tracker/mm2style.html

It's meant to be a study in the style of the Mega Man 2 soundtrack. It's not finished yet -- I still need percussion (the tracker can't do percussion correctly yet) and there are a few places that don't quite sound right and I can't figure out how to fix it, so I'm reaching out for critique and advice.

Old Posted 07-18-2017, 10:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #29  
Oh hey, finally someone else who uses MML for composing.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-18-2017, 02:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I... uh... wrote that in Noteworthy Composer and then transcribed it to MML in order to generate the audio. >.>

But yeah, I wrote that MML player.

Did you know the NES's "triangle" channel isn't actually a triangle wave? It actually looks like this:

Did you know the NES's "noise" channel isn't actually white noise, but a specific generated pattern? And there are actually TWO such noise generators?

Yeah, I learned those things while working on this, and I've got a perfect emulation of one of the noise generators, a nearly-perfect emulation of the other one, and a close enough approximation to the triangle wave to pick up the harmonics you hear on the original hardware.

Old Posted 07-18-2017, 11:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #31  
Huh, interesting.

And haha, only reason I know how to do MML stuff is because of Mabinogi.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-19-2017, 12:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I've never played Mabinogi but I did look through a bunch of Mabinogi examples when looking for sample MML code to test my engine with.

Old Posted 07-20-2017, 04:59 PM Reply With Quote