Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Poconut Overlord
Default Art Shops   #1  
What is y'alls opinion about them from your perspective?

As someone who is an artist at heart I've debated opening one many times. I'm not bad for someone who doesn't put any effort to getting better. Sadly I'm not disciplined, or rather I'm afraid of commitment. Because of the 3 times I have opened an art shop they didn't last long because I would get one order done before chickening out...with exception to Gaia. xD My art wasn't worth anyone's gold because I only got one order and that was from a friend I told. xP

Otherwise I love visiting art shops other people open. I just have a hard time asking for them for a drawing. Sometimes I wish someone here liked to draw background too. Then I could come up with a scene for them to draw since they're some of the most vivid parts of my dreams.
Old Posted 08-27-2011, 05:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
High five, Ju; I'm the same for both selling and buying art. All of my artshops have flopped...the orders are just sitting there turning moldy >.>
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-27-2011, 05:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #3  
haha I know right?
I owe art to um... -opens his folders-
to 8 people (who probably have forgotten all about them too). I haven't forgotten sadly. I wonder if I should give them partially done stuff? That seems pathetic and better of leaving them oblivious idk >_< Maybe I just can't finish what I start cause they're all half done xD;

That doesn't account for my random projects. Like you know that picture of snake in a box going "Imagination" with a rainbow over his head? I decided to do something like that with my Wizard 101 character. I just opened it. I love how it looks but I think I gave up on drawing his shirt. Always a toughie for me to do chibi bodies...
Last edited by Jurinjo; 08-27-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old Posted 08-27-2011, 05:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
For me...most of my art ends up as unfinished sketches. Or outlined stuff that I never bothered to color...Most of my commishes/freebies just plain -are not started yet-, haha...

Ohshet, I keep forgetting to do Nikko's art. At this rate, it'll be a whole year overdue.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-27-2011, 05:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #5  
hmm yeah. Can I see some of your finished or unfinished art? I'm not sure I've ever seen any of yours.

wow I think I'm at 5 months for his picture? xD; I don't even have the avatar saved anymore sadly. Nor do I feel like drawing Kuja (whom I think he was playing at the time).
Old Posted 08-27-2011, 06:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Uh...recently, most of my art comes in the form of sketches done when I'm volunteering, haha...I'll grab today's sketches. Gimme a sec.

EDIT: Doop.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-27-2011, 06:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #7  
Well shit that's good enough to sell on it's on here...so long as it's getting scanned.

Here is my less skillful artwork. 4 of them are owed to other people. The green guy in the corner is one art I started to make for myself.

Other stuff that is typical of my style:
Nubby hands xD
Missing Hands
About the highest quality I have ever achieved
Unless this counts

I'm not very good compared to actual artists. But as frustrated as I get while attempting to draw I'm content with my skill level.
Old Posted 08-27-2011, 06:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Before I go and check out the links, here's my main problem: I can't scan stuff. Why? Because I have no other time to draw than during class, haha, and my parents would know I've been not paying attention...and...you know. Parents. -cough- Mine are slightly paranoid, I think.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-27-2011, 06:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #9  
Looking through your stuff...one, I assume you don't have a tablet? And two, even if you don't...or do...downloading GIMP or SAI might help you a lot.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-27-2011, 06:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Oh that's just retarded. But my parents were kinda like that too. Only in different areas. So I get where you're coming from. -nods-

EDIT: I have a cheap old Wacom...Graphire I think? The pen is kinda broken but it does track xD;

I hated GIMP. SAI was pretty cool with their brushes but I dont' draw enough to justify buying it. So I'll use my old Jasc pain Shop Pro 9.
Old Posted 08-27-2011, 06:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #11  
Er...there's a free English DL of SAI...it's a "trial" version, but you can keep downloading if it ever does expire. Or something. (I've also pirated PS because my dad isn't willing to fix my old one, but the program's got a few issues.)
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-27-2011, 06:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Because of how big the period of time is between my drawings that just means redownloading every time I wish to draw again though D: Thanks for letting me know about that though. Useful information if I was at all consistent ^^;
Old Posted 08-27-2011, 06:39 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #13  
i don't keep my shops open, i usually let them die really fast(my current being an exception though a lot of what i sell was not avalible in shop until recently) though i am usually pretty good at finishing though sometimes not so fast
Old Posted 08-27-2011, 08:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
I've seen you art being displayed around the forums plenty lately. I think you're doing a wonderful job actually. C:
Old Posted 08-27-2011, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #15  
nah, i have just freebies in the right places only half are commision^^
Old Posted 08-27-2011, 08:59 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
╔═════════════════════════════════╗

(。◕‿◕。) I've had a few shops on different sites. I did decently on
Roli and Zantarni but I gave up on Zani
when I made 2 arts for someone and told
them they can pay just for one since the
other art I did didn't turn out that great
and they never paid for either of them or
just one like I said. After that I didn't
pay attention to the shop, at least I didn't
get business after that. I wanted to keep
my shops on Roli and Ernya opened up but
they just never did any business ; ; Even
though I wanted the work.

I took a couple days to do the art, well to
get to it and I finished it the day I started
it up but I wanted to get into a art mood
to draw. I would open up another one, but
I don't have a tablet with a pen right now
and I don't want to work hard setting up my
shop just to have it not do business again.
That would hurt too much again. I can't do
that to myself.

╚═════════════════════════════════╝
Old Posted 08-29-2011, 08:02 PM Reply With Quote