Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixelist
Default   #433  
getting depressive and stressed because i've been waiting for a discord roleplay partner to initiate rp in a server i'm in and i haven't communicated to them about actually doing it.

plus i'm seriously worried that the shop is going to end up closing down. lord knows i can't run a damn shop, not by myself.

maybe i could do trades stuff or something, but i doubt it. i'm not much for physical work.
Old Posted 10-18-2018, 10:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
I'm not sure if I should seek medical attention with this new development.
Old Posted 10-18-2018, 08:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #435  
My arms feel like they're about to fucking fall off because I just carried 41 pounds of groceries and cat litter 5 blocks and then up 2 flights of stairs.
XP
Old Posted 10-18-2018, 11:50 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I feel down today. But I'll be fine..... :(

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 10-19-2018, 09:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #437  
My monitor broke and now I'm on an old replacement which can only display 1024x768 pixel at most.
Old Posted 10-20-2018, 05:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
My throat's been a bit sore, feels weird when yawning and swallowing.

Also, 1024 x 768 monitors are fine and are best for displaying games like Stardew Valley. (For some reason, Stardew Valley doesn't render properly on most laptop monitors, for me. I've tested it on my dad's laptop, not particularly gonna trust my one with that considering it overheats fairly easily.)
Old Posted 10-20-2018, 09:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #439  
Maybe so, but they're definitely crap for when you trying to edit pictures for a calender layout you volunteered to do. Now I only see tiny sections of the image or have it zoomed out so wide I can't properly identify where to cut them. It does work, but in a seriously tedious way.
Old Posted 10-20-2018, 09:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
My son was being really careless and disobedient yesterday and ended up shattering the screen on the Google Pixel phone he uses for Pokemon Go. >_<
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-21-2018, 11:01 AM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default   #441  
Longest, Most Stressful work day ever.

“The Dreamer awakes
The shadow goes by
The tale I have told you,
That tale is a lie.
But listen to me,
Bright maiden, proud youth
The tale is a lie;
What it tells is the truth.”

― Traditional folktale ending

Old Posted 10-21-2018, 06:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out, because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out, because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out, because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak for me.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-23-2018, 05:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #443  
Fortunately, Espy, there are still plenty of people to speak out for you. Don't let the media scare machine get you down. It's never as bad as the news would have you believe.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-23-2018, 09:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
...That’s what they want you to believe, innit? It’s not as bad as it seems? People get complacent. Small things, small wrongs, are “okay”. Then when the atrocities come, it’s not really that big of a step.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-23-2018, 08:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #445  
That is, in fact, the problem with the sensationalistic methods of the media. They always claim the most attention-grabbing scenario, regardless of just how accurate or likely that scenario is. That's how they get watch time, which is how they make their money. And because of this behavior, you can't actually tell just how bad (or how good) the likely future is going to be -- but the vast majority of the time you can be sure it's less extreme than the reports.

This is especially true in wealthy first-world countries: there's a self-correcting factor in play, because people have the power to self-actualize. These doom-and-gloom scenarios pitched by the media are reason to take action, but they are not reason to fear. Take heart in the fact that this is in fact a controversial thing and not something that's just quietly coming to pass, because that means that the self-correcting factor is working as intended.

Something that's all too easily forgotten: just because you have to take precautions to make sure a bad thing doesn't happen doesn't mean you need to let the fear of that bad thing dominate your life.

Old Posted 10-23-2018, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I forgot to vote. I'm somewhat sore over this, but it's not like I knew a thing about the candidates anyway (local election).

Still...

Also welcome to the world of crippling anxiety. It's not fun.
Old Posted 10-24-2018, 02:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #447  
I hate thieving kids and I'm afraid about the place I work at (as a part time job on Sundays, as of 25/10/2018, partially because of the boss / my father having to go get stock on Saturdays) getting trashed just because some entitled little git thought that he could get away with nicking something.

I'm also endlessly afraid about my future because I don't have the qualifications for a lot of jobs, unless you count experience with cashier-work, coding and artwork, and I don't think a lot of people hire artists or coders. There's still the possibility that I could pick up a few jobs here and there via commissions work, but Paypal is limiting a lot of things to try and stop camgirls and such, so it's harder and harder to do things as an artist on Paypal, so I might take stuff up on Payoneer when I'm able to, but I don't know if Paypal actually transfers stuff from Paypal to Payoneer.

Auugh.

Also one of my nephews is sick. He was coughing and sneezing when my sister came over with all three nephews, and I'm hoping the poor sod doesn't have flu.
Old Posted 10-25-2018, 11:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
I hate thieving kids and I'm afraid about the place I work at (as a part time job on Sundays, as of 25/10/2018, partially because of the boss / my father having to go get stock on Saturdays) getting trashed just because some entitled little git thought that he could get away with nicking something.

I'm also endlessly afraid about my future because I don't have the qualifications for a lot of jobs, unless you count experience with cashier-work, coding and artwork, and I don't think a lot of people hire artists or coders. There's still the possibility that I could pick up a few jobs here and there via commissions work, but Paypal is limiting a lot of things to try and stop camgirls and such, so it's harder and harder to do things as an artist on Paypal, so I might take stuff up on Payoneer when I'm able to, but I don't know if Paypal actually transfers stuff from Paypal to Payoneer.

Auugh.

Also one of my nephews is sick. He was coughing and sneezing when my sister came over with all three nephews, and I'm hoping the poor sod doesn't have flu.
Um... I thought you said you were a teenager? Teenagers aren't EXPECTED to have job qualifications. Relax. You'll be fine. You have more job experience than I did at your age, and cashier-work actually IS a good thing to have under your belt -- it very much does count.

Old Posted 10-25-2018, 12:33 PM Reply With Quote