Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Thorns and Claws
Default   #17  
.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦. ·Âº○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.· º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.

well i do see why the games were bumped down, im just saying i think chatting does get a bit out of hand in the market threads, like the more recent example there was a user selling runes almost two days ago now.. the thread is still being bumped to the top even though the user/maker of the thread said they were done selling runes .. though with the chatting that thread is being bumped up constantly .. thus people are thinking there are still runes in that shop when the shop owner left the thread a while ago.

like i said i dont mind a small bit of chatting.. an your not allowed to post bump anyway so it shouldn't matter.. but theres a place for hangout threads an i dont see how it's a good thing that the market place is filling that gap instead of the correct forums =/

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 09:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I think the other users here have described it pretty well -- posts that add up to a conversation (even if it's silly) are better than games that don't mean anything.

And certainly we'll respond to reports of specific threads that might be causing trouble, but we haven't seen significant problems in the market so far.
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 09:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Dark Elf
Default   #19  
.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦. ·Âº○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦ .· º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.
So wait... word games that actually invoke intellectual thought processes and help stimulate brain activity is seen as less valuable than a chat thread that is blowing bubbles?

Just saying... >.>;
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 09:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Actually, no, the word games like that we actually LIKE, but they're something of a rarity. As I said, this is an experiment; it's not necessarily permanent.
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #21  
There haven't been any intellectual games posted up that 'stimulate brain activity' as you say. Anyone can count, and anyone can come up with words that start with specific letters. There's no thought involved.

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

♔ Trisphee's one and only Vampire Prince ♔
Currently working on "Dream World Is Mine" art.
Let me catch you in my Dark Void...

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 09:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Dark Elf
Just wanted to clarify <3 Experiment away. Btw... Coda... been meaning to tell ya... great job on all the coding you've been doing :D

it does take thought process to come up with those words... not the numbers, i agree with you there... but the words, yea, it's almost like doing crossword puzzles. :) which i love... x.x
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 09:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #23  

Well why have a games thread at all? it's like this other site i was on that took away all benefits of currency of the games thread. Plus I have gotten into good conversations in the games thread, plus a few of them will make you think if your not doing the mindless number games. Personally I'd love to go an do my page long rp posts but at the cap at 50 aurum a post.. I know for the half a hour it takes me to post my wall of text im wasting a ton of my time =/

im not really complaining here just giving my feedback on the change.. it's not my choice anyway i get this is a forum site theres conversations but to go an say the word games don;t mean anything is a bit harsh.

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 09:59 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
None of the games in there are half as thought provoking as a crossword puzzle, at least not a normal one.

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Dark Elf
Default   #25  
Tis true, but alas, it'd be kinda hard to do a crossword puzzle on a forum site... unless coda wants to do something about that... *cough*
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Well why have a games thread at all?
Honestly? We don't really WANT one, but we know that people want to play them, and we don't want to just lock them all when they show up, so by giving them a place to exist it keeps it from taking over the rest of the board.
Psych
Default   #27  
That why is see the need to TAKE it away.

i HATE people who just use the Games forum as a way to quick cash. UGHHHHHH!!!

To me.. games are supposed to be a break from the conversation. Like picking up a book and instead of reading...doing a Sudoku puzzle. Something that's fun and relaxing to break the stress. Because sometimes...you just dont want conversation, you want relaxation and fun!!!

Doing it for "quick aurum"...pisses me off... UGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

The Mule of The Duchess
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
I certainly didn't want the game forum either. xD

Kanobei - I think it's too early for stuff like that, but it would be nice to see real site games eventually.

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #29  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobei View Post
Tis true, but alas, it'd be kinda hard to do a crossword puzzle on a forum site... unless coda wants to do something about that... *cough*
I... like that idea. I'll put it on my "someday" list.
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Dark Elf
I would love you forever for it Coda... multiplayer forum crossword puzzle.... xD I dunno of a site that has that... especially not an Avi site...
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #31  

I was more of pointing out that trying to think up a name of a place or a type of animal/food is a bit more mind stimulating then someone being eaten by a dragon ~coughs Kanobei~ but thanks for enlightening me with a conversation about it either way xD

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Ooo I have an idea...

Why not have a limited number of games threads and lock the forum for thread creation but not posting... if that's possible.

Lt the staff decide which threads are appropriate. IMO, threads like "Ask a question and get an answer" and "corrupt a wish". Are interesting because you can have convos and interesting stories stemming from them.

The counting threads and the A-Z threads are getting annoying and really we dont need MULTIPLES of those kinds of threads. Maybe just one of each to appease the masses.

The Mule of The Duchess
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:07 PM Reply With Quote