Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

isn't that funny
Default   #33  
but 'magic' is usually the answer you give when the real answer is either impossible or something you don't know the answer to (it is a bad answer like 'because i say so')
Old Posted 05-06-2013, 04:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Well, in this case, Trisphee's orbital mechanics are EXPLICITLY stated to be physically impossible, sustained by magic created by Taskal.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-06-2013, 05:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #35  
Actually went to talk to my Astro physics professor about it.... Yeah it is physically impossible in this nebula. The planets would have to be 2 times the mass of the moon each and so close together that their gravitational fields would merge making it one large field for the to rotate them all and the single moon would have to be so close into the orbit that it only got into one of the gravity fields and have enough mass to ignore the weaker pull of the other ones. He was oddly interested in this.... but basically the physics required to explain it would require a PHD in astrophysics and a lot of very specific circumstances to create a livable environment.

I like the magic explanation better than actually trying to understand everything that he was stating.
Old Posted 05-06-2013, 05:47 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i know dear but this is still such an awkward answer XD makes my head swim trying to curb all the 'but's hahahahha~
Old Posted 05-06-2013, 05:49 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #37  
:I This is why I explained with Magic. If you've read back in the storyline it does tell you how the system was created by Taskal during the first war between Braen and Ascellus.

Old Posted 05-08-2013, 01:23 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
a lot of the story is so dry and conveluted that my actual history class seemed enthralling and i /love/ history, even the drier stuff, this is just grind
Old Posted 05-08-2013, 01:29 AM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #39  
:| Or perhaps you just dislike heavy fantasy writing Choco.

Old Posted 05-08-2013, 10:54 PM Reply With Quote  
TWIGNIFICIENT PIXELATOR
I actually found a lot of the story interesting. Not many avatar sites actually take the time to put such a detailed back story. And sometimes magic is a good answer to certain things.

Like with anything harry potter related, lolol.

But seriously. I don't see why it's such a bad thing for the answer to legitimately be 'magic'. Especially if there is a whole story devoted to how it was created.
Old Posted 05-11-2013, 06:36 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #41  
not that either, i read tolken's entire written body between 11 and 13 and the night runner series as well which was about two-thirds the length and heavily saturated in fantasy history within the last few years as each came out

history i love to read but only if it is a history that is not petty and meandering. this is written like a really dull fanfiction by people who are really only writing for themselves. some of the explanations are detailed while some are vague and questionable. some of the chars get copious amounts of time while others are scarcely mentioned at all. the writing's flavor changes notibly in places suggesting several people wrote the story(this is bad since it should have been mostly consistent even between writers) and well just as a personal thing i am not into histories that cannot be read without liberal doses of 'well pretend it can happen' because even within the universe things that cannot happen happen

to be frank i stopped reading around the end of the ball arc and i don't intend on reading any more. i am too much of a literary snob and my standards are much too high
Old Posted 05-11-2013, 06:45 PM Reply With Quote  
-:-o}}}-O-{{{o-:-
Magic is fine but I personally think that physics CAN explain the entire issue. And it will seem like MAGIC to us. For example, (and without putting words into the story here), but if a certain race of people had the power and the inclination they could make a system like this if they wanted to. It's just a matter of power and know-how. That is all it is. I assure you that taking 3 planets and putting them into orbit around a sun, with one planet having a moon and the three of them sharing a wandering moon for who knows what reason, is possible, we just don't know how to do it, but it could be done.

As for the story here I would like to say that stories of old have all been written by different people. Oral tradition is the telling of stories by different people. The bible is the telling of stories by different people (or the word of God as some believe, told by different people). It's the same here I suppose.

Also I know you feel it is not well-written, but to write it in the first place and to think it up and work it out is an achievement in itself.

Let me end with a quote by Mark Twain: "Good breeding consists in concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person."
I used to have a sig. Really.
Old Posted 05-12-2013, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #43  
The three-body problem is impossible to solve exactly. Trisphee is a six-body system. Any physics-only solution will necessarily be limited in how long it can retain semistability.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-12-2013, 01:35 AM Reply With Quote  
-:-o}}}-O-{{{o-:-
It does not matter what it is. Do you think that someone somewhere cannot come along with the power to do such a thing? Why not? Look what we can do right now. With antigravity you can accomplish a lot, maybe even stabilize that planetary system. Though why one would want such a system is not mine to know.
I used to have a sig. Really.
Old Posted 05-12-2013, 01:40 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #45  
Choco, the whole writing team and process was revamped after the Ball and Fight for Freedom arcs. I would suggest you give the writing another shot, because it has vastly improved since you stopped reading. As much as I've always loved the story, I really hated the writing before; but, I think it's much, much better now. :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 05-13-2013, 07:24 PM Reply With Quote