Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

-:-o}}}-O-{{{o-:-
Default Trisphee Questions   #1  
Hi I was wondering, is Trisphee considered a planet in a parallel universe? One with gods I suppose, reading the history, right? So I was wondering, how many suns does Trisphee have please? Also, can you tell me how many moons? It would also be very nice to know how many planets are in the system and what the name of the sun(s) is. Galactically speaking, would you say Trisphee is central or more like a rim locale?

Thank you.
I used to have a sig. Really.
Old Posted 05-03-2013, 09:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Trisphee is a three-planet system orbiting a single sun, with a single moon (Toamna) that orbits all three planets by magic (because physics wouldn't work for this setup).

I don't believe anything has been established for the name of the sun or any galactic-level features.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-03-2013, 10:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #3  
Do you know by any chance if the planets are in the same elliptical plane? I don't ask capriciously, I ask because I want to do Trisphee astrology and so planetary movement is imperative to creating a system for that. One moon orbiting 3 planets by magic, maybe that is crystal technology. So we are on Kalin I see. You'd think after 60k, years on a planet we'd have a system of astrology for divination purposes. Anyhow, humans have the ability to create these things, I shall create a system for myself, but I sure would like to know relative size of the planets and how often the moon visits each planet. Most likely the planets are all in the same plane, however, perhaps magic makes this otherwise. The planets do rotate on their axis (daily) and orbit the sun (yearly) right? Maybe some are closer to the sun than others, your histories do not say.
Old Posted 05-03-2013, 01:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
There is astrology though I don't have the details on it. And yes, the planets are in the same ecliptic (not elliptical) plane, though their orbital periods are such that it's easier at some times than others to travel between them.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-03-2013, 02:49 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #5  
in a more general sense this is a queston i have had too, about the orbit of the planets, i thought they each had a moon though
Old Posted 05-03-2013, 03:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Oh, that's right, Deivai does have a moon of its own in addition to Toamna, but I don't think Kalin or Quesaria do.

Old Posted 05-03-2013, 03:22 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #7  
how does this affect their oceans or do they not have large salt-water masses? if they don't how do the fresh-water aquatic animals survive?
Old Posted 05-03-2013, 03:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Here's where I stop speaking with authority and just start speculating as another user (but one that's read the writer conversations): They still have a moon -- Toamna, which magically exerts the force necessary to retain Trisphee's stability.

Old Posted 05-03-2013, 04:15 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #9  
if it orbits all three it's force is much too weak at times and at others would have too much force meaning wildly fluctuating tides and plant-growth
Old Posted 05-03-2013, 04:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
As I said, magic; Toamna doesn't interact with Trisphee through physical forces -- its orbit is wholly impossible under physical mechanics.

Old Posted 05-03-2013, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #11  
Yes, but there is probably Crystal Technology holding it all together per the statement above. Thanks about the ecliptic plane, sorry about the spelling, I'm half demented, anyhow Choco's questions about tides are very interesting. So to recap:

One planet has a moon (Deivai). And there is another moon too that orbits all 3 of them. The planets orbit a sun in roughly the same ecliptic plane so we know that there will be eclipses and interesting things like that affecting seasons and tides. It's really rather amazing all the possibilities.

I don't like to reinvent the wheel. If there is extant astrology in the works I will leave it to you all. But it would have been nice to do some divination, wooley at best, based on the celestial bodies.

Edit: Coda ninja'd me.
Old Posted 05-03-2013, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
We're working on astrology still, but we've got a long way to go with it.

Old Posted 05-03-2013, 05:03 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #13  
well magic aside this means that all three planets have daily eclipses, the centered one double it's sisters, do you know how this affects since it would mess with weather and breeding cycles
Old Posted 05-03-2013, 05:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
That's not necessarily true; we don't get solar eclipses every month on Earth from our moon despite the fact that the moon is in our orbital plane. Sure, if they were PERFECTLY coplanar that might be an issue, but even a slight deviation would suffice.

Old Posted 05-03-2013, 05:11 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #15  
the moon is smaller and has a larger orbit that the three planets on each other which would in a daily cycle each get one over-shadow by it's sisters barring the middle which would get two
Old Posted 05-03-2013, 05:19 PM Reply With Quote  
How do you know the size of the planetary orbits choco, sorry I did not see that.
Old Posted 05-03-2013, 05:51 PM Reply With Quote