Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lazy
Default   #17  
I've no objection to discussing previous Fire Emblem titles. And I concede that all the complaints against Shadow Dragon were quite valid. It was easily my least favorite Fire Emblem game. But Awakening has more than repaired my good faith in Intelligent Systems. And I am not the only one with this opinion. Critics and gamers agree that this might just be the best Fire Emblem yet. But lavishing further praise will get me nowhere, so I will cease. I would like to once again offer superlative apologies if my tone seems condescending or rude. It is not my intention.

Asami, I can hardly make you play this game, but I recommend that you get it, even if only eventually. It really is quite good. It might even be enjoyable, if one were to play it on a sane difficulty setting.
In all likelihood, you just read a clunky wall of text. There's no need for me to make you read even more in my signature.
Old Posted 03-04-2013, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
Ah you should probably add that in your first post that you are willing to discuss other games.
And possibly later on edit the title to make sure everyone knows its a discussion for all FE games

Ill for sure keep it in my list of games I want. Under smt, fokelore, that spells game for the ps3 and a few others. Ill probably get it but not right away. I was really blown away by the demo. It reawakened my love for FE.
I tend to start games on the standard or mid level mode then work my way up. Haha I use standard mode as a test to learn the game play then get really serious on harder difficulties

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 03-04-2013, 11:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
Default   #19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asami View Post
Natsu Hun. Did you seriously come into this thread to complain? Im pretty sure the threads intent was to discuss this game. Awakening. Not every single FE game and how you feel about them. It really irks me when someone does what you are doing. It made me upset when someone did the same thing in my skylanders thread. And it makes me upset now.

from the sound of it it seems like xy is a huge fire emblem fan (I admit im a kinda big fan but not much anymore. Other things have taken its place) but I am sure he knows what he is talking about. Where you said you hate it so you probably haven't gone through the lengths of researching and learning new things about the games. (I know I do this for the things I love)

So please don't insult him by saying you know more than he does about something he is CLEARLY passionate about.
I know you'd hate it if someone did the same to you

So instead of coming in here and sounding like a condescending jerk. Maybe ask about the game. Learn new things. Seem genuinely curious. If not. Don't post here. We don't need to read about how much you dislike all the "new games" it really upsets other people when people do that kind of thing. This is clearly a thread for FE awakening. He wants your opinion on this game in particular. And from the sound if things you haven't even tried playing it. So you clearly cant have an opinion on it really. Preconceived notions hold people back. Ive been wrong about a lot of things because I thought "well this looks dumb" or "the other ones suck so this must suck as well" and im usually wrong. So take a step back. Look at what you are doing.
//end rant
//hugs
that was tough but it had to be done.

Also xy I have played the demo
it seemed AMAZING. I really want to play it but it has a lower priority to shin megami tensei devil survivor overclocked and a few others ^^ but ill get there eventually (hopefully)
if not im probably missing out on an amazing game.
@Xl.. Ya, I realized after I had made that post that I had forgotten about the FE SNES Game, So I apologize for my misaccuasations(I know that is misspelled but i have a headache like no other right now) I was Extremely tired when I wrote that and I myself am a very passionate gamer like yourself, Have you played the japan only releases? if you have I would love to compare notes! <3! HAHA *Facedesk*

Okay, Asami you know I love you to death but, I do not appreciate the way you are making me sound. For one, this thread was made for OPINIONS,Of the fire emblem game. I gave MY OPINION and gave an explanation based on the last game created to make a defense on my opinion and then was asked why my opinion was based on what it was I went into further explination, Not all Opinions are good opinions and I am usually blunt about what I think, I apologize if it offends you, but I am not going to change my opinion to make it appealing..

For two, I never said that I knew more than he does about fire emblem... NEVER ONCE. He clearly knows more than I do, but I am still free to my Ignorance and my opinions.. I had forgotten about the first game that was released on the NES in america, and if you would have just given me the time to apologize for it I would have as you see above.. So please I would like ti if before you attacked me over a post that you take it up with me personally, Instead of making me seem like a Tyrant over a thread..

Love natsu.

*leaves thread*
"Cause I've been falling apart in the pouring rain"

"I'm waging war on myself. A captive causality"

""

"Traded a merciful heart for a murderer�s brain
But now I curse what's in my head
Because I can't stop seeing red"
Old Posted 03-05-2013, 12:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
Awuh shucks ill leave it there ^^ glad this was all settled.
Huehuehue we r all frandz again.
But you weren't really giving opinions in awakening. Just other games. That was my argument ^^ but now its has been resolved

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 03-05-2013, 12:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #21  
I'm afraid that Sword of Seals is the only Japan-exclusive released that I've played. It seemed pretty good, (GBA is master class, after all)but I only played that once, so I may not have gotten the full feel of it. I tried to play the most recent Japan Exclusive, (FE12, perhaps? It was a remake of the other game with Marth in it.) but my lack of computer skills prevented be from successfully obtaining a translated emulator. I've considered playing Genealogy of the Holy War, which I've heard good things about, but I doubt I'll find the time any time soon.

Another thing I feel I should mention about this game is that it is legitimately funny. There are genuine laugh-out-loud moments, especially in the support conversations. And I'm lead to believe that the DLC is yet more ridiculous. One choice line my friend heard was "Is there a mirror in your pantaloons? Because I can see myself in them." This was made more surprising by the fact that it was uttered by the dancer, a girl who is almost cripplingly shy and modest. Good times abounds
In all likelihood, you just read a clunky wall of text. There's no need for me to make you read even more in my signature.
Old Posted 03-05-2013, 12:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Confused
I've seen so many awesome screencaps of Awakening it's ridiculous, like this one.
http://i.imgur.com/jvEpsPc.jpg
Counting down the days for this game to get in my mailbox. :D *crosses off another day on the calendar*
I hope Nintendo puts the older Fire Emblem games you two guys are talking about in the eShop. I'd hate to have to use a flashcart + my old DS to some day play them. D:
Old Posted 03-05-2013, 01:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #23  
Oh man. Henry. Jesus Christ, HENRY. The reference may be lost on most, but the best way I can describe Henry is as a cross between Hansel, from the anime Black Lagoon, and Ladd Russo, from the anime Baccano! Those are not characters you want fighting for you, as a good guy. He only joins up with you because he enjoys killing. And he also has a thing for jokes. He even says that most funny people have a thing for killing, which is totally ridiculous, and shouldn't be taken seriously. Ehehehe...

And this game is just full of such amazing and ridiculous characters.

As far as Japan-exclusive releases, I doubt that Nintendo ever intends to release them in America. If you're just referring to the GBA games and such that were released in America, it's a trivial matter to obtain emulators capable of playing them, if you are privy to the workings of such matters.
Last edited by Xyphlan; 03-05-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old Posted 03-05-2013, 01:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Confused
I can't do emulators too well, all of my arrow keys are dead. I have to go the flashcart or GBA route.
Henry sounds like a total bro, I'm gonna like him a lot. I've also seen an Inigo fellow around that seems like a lot of fun.
And people accidentally trying to marry cousins, lots and lots of people accidentally trying to marry off cousins. xD
Old Posted 03-05-2013, 02:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #25  
I admit to attempting to marry cousins. They had an S support, but it did not end in matrimony, much to my dismay. Henry is a dark mage, and he's gotten fairly late in the game. I re-classed him into a barbarian on my first playthrough, to great success. I believe Inigo is a 2nd gen unit, but I can't say whose child he is, as I've never gotten him. On my next playthrough, (which, for the sake of my performance in college, I hope does not happen too soon)I will likely attempt to get all the children that I haven't already gotten.
Old Posted 03-05-2013, 02:34 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Just picked the last copy of the game up at Target because of their buy 2 get 1 free deal going on. I'm excited to play it, I'm a little hesitant though because I played a Fire Emblem once and didn't enjoy it too much. (Granted the game I played on a emulator was apparently the worst Fire Emblem game ever made? So I might like this. :3)

Old Posted 03-17-2013, 04:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #27  
Which Fire Emblem was it? If you're new to the series, you may want to try casual mode, at least on your first playthrough.
Old Posted 03-17-2013, 05:58 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Pfft. I'm doing a classic mode, I want my guys to die!!! :D

Old Posted 03-17-2013, 09:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #29  
I wouldn't recommend letting your people die. Then you'll never be able to get them hitched. Then again, I might just be a perfectionist.
Old Posted 03-18-2013, 12:18 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
I'm not intentionally letting them die, I just prefer to play this way. xD
I'm only doing this for my first go on the game because I'm hoping it will go quick, I want to make sure Monster Hunter will have my full attention when I go out to buy it tomorrow.

Old Posted 03-18-2013, 03:15 PM Reply With Quote