Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Silent Scream
Default Hey uhm.... just an important question.   #1  
Are the October monthlies out yet? o3o
and when will the november ones released?

I keep thinking that the ones in the archaic antiquities are oct monthlies, but I'm not so sure...

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Last edited by Lauv Keiko; 11-01-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old Posted 11-01-2013, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
an evil, possessed, psycho doll
Don't forget that the new r.i.gs are over half a month late too.
When are they due out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakadon
I give you the right to yell at anyone that breaks my RP rules >:U
Nikko is my nii sama and Reyoki is my nee sama

この終わりのない声で、私はそれは私の選択で、歌います

Old Posted 11-01-2013, 11:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Cage
Default   #3  
There's only so much they can do when they're shorthanded. x__x
You have to remember there's only so many people on staff and every one of them has jobs, school, their own lives, and they're doing what they can. Delays are a part of the season around this time.

Edit: Don't forget that there was also this event they had to prepare for on top of their real life stuff they have to do, along with any new item updates - I'm sure they are concerned about catching up with monthlies and rigs and everything else, but they're human just like us. x__x
Last edited by Meizicht; 11-01-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old Posted 11-01-2013, 11:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Oh, that too. I've mislooked. Thanks for pointing that out, kagu-chan <3

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 11-01-2013, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #5  
@meiz: ;3; ah yes, the inevitable pull of reality.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 11-01-2013, 11:11 PM Reply With Quote  
an evil, possessed, psycho doll
To be honest you could hardly call this an event, it seems half baked Meiz compared to what they use to be like. People can/will understand people being busy with real life and such, thus why a lot of people have stepped down from being staff. After all real life must come first.

I would suggest if they are finding it hard to stay on a schedule that has been in place for four years why not cut back on the poses of Di's? It would be easier on designers, pixelists and those who recolor a like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakadon
I give you the right to yell at anyone that breaks my RP rules >:U
Nikko is my nii sama and Reyoki is my nee sama

この終わりのない声で、私はそれは私の選択で、歌います

Old Posted 11-01-2013, 11:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Cage
Default   #7  
I'll be honest as well; I don't think it should be expected that a handful of people who are in college or working 2-3 jobs have the time to create an event that satisfies everyone. =/
Even lowering the poses on DIs isn't going to fix much; it doesn't create time for them to make them in, while yes, it would be a little easier, it's not something they can just whip up in an hour or two. And for people with full time jobs, full time school, what have you, one or two hours is sometimes the most they get.
I'm just saying, it's not like they're just going "to hell with it". They're doing what they can. x__x

I'm probably going to tick people off, so I'm sorry beforehand. x__x
Old Posted 11-01-2013, 11:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Your opinion matters, meiz. And I guess it would be their problem if they get ticked off.

I want to know people's side on this.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 11-01-2013, 11:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #9  
Kag: Simply put, people have expectations, you can't just lower the DI poses and then still charge 20 runes. Its not worth it.
Old Posted 11-01-2013, 11:41 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Meiz is right about this in a lot of respects. One suggestion I often hear is to just get rid of the people that have no time and bring in ones that do, but that has its own issues, too. Between stylistic preferences, payment negotiations, etc, it can be extremely difficult finding the right fits. We found ourselves in the current situation suddenly, and we are doing our best to turn it around. It's very likely we'll be doing quite a few cut backs, as has been suggested, but until we have someone with serious time to work at all, the point is moot.

And on that point, the schedule hasn't been the same for four years. I know of quite a few things that have changed with our scheduling and how it's balanced even just since I started working with the art team.

As for the event, we are, unfortunately, also limited by what our coders are able to pull off with their time. If we could release games and bug fixes and all of that as we please, then we would. It isn't as if we're holding back out of sheer disinterest. This event, we have tried a few new things to try and keep things within our schedule and keep them from being recycled nonsense. Parts have worked, other parts have not, and we will be keeping this in mind for the next event.

Old Posted 11-01-2013, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #11  
I wish I had a tablet. ._.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
I wish I could magically pixel! D8 -keeps practicing-

Old Posted 11-02-2013, 12:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #13  
.__. I wish I could code. ;3;

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 01:52 AM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
To be honest, I can understand if there won't be any October DIs due to the fact that the team already had to make a number of items for the event. It's sad but, at the same time, understandable.

However, I am rather worried at the possibility that there won't be any DIs for September as well D:. I really hope this is not the case and that they're just a little late ^^;.

I personally like the event even if collecting lanterns was more frustrating than fun during the first 1-2 days ^^;. The event items are very nice and using them is fun :3, the games by the NPCs are also very charming even if I fail at most of them xD.
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 03:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Default   #15  
That does sound quite bothersome.. I'm learning how to code and all this year for school with Java so I can get a job in either website or game designing in the future.. I doubt I have enough experience to really do much at the moment but I can understand that for events you need the background people to make things run smoothly.. and I am sure it's the coders who also need to code the items into the site as well? Not just the pixeling and recoloring elements as well, you need to be sure the items equip right and no bugs before releasing them.

And with holidays coming up, Thanksgiving for the staff in the US than Christmas, it would be expected people are busy and there will be delays. No site is perfect.. every one runs into hiccups. At least they were trying to get an event up for the members, even if it's not like the ones in the past, it still shows they are trying.

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Old Posted 11-02-2013, 08:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
If Chloe can code, she can try and help tris >o<?

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 10:10 AM Reply With Quote