Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default You're the man now, dog!   #1  
https://rhydon.ytmnd.com/

I don't know how many of you were around to experience the Internet culture of 2006, but what was once one of the biggest sites on the Internet shut down a while ago... but now it's back! And my old password that I hadn't used in almost 14 years still works.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-01-2020, 05:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I've been on the internet for quite some time ...
But never heard of that site!

Granted, I was 11 in 2006, so I probably wasn't crazy familiar with internet culture just yet.

The farthest I can remember back to is Myspace, AIM chats, old school deviantArt, old Runescape, and AMVs
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 04-01-2020, 05:38 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #3  
what is that website? is it like, everyone can make their own sub-website on it or something?

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 04-03-2020, 01:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by daikokunyo View Post
what is that website? is it like, everyone can make their own sub-website on it or something?
They're called "sites" but in modern terms we'd more call them "pages." You upload an image or animation, and you upload a sound clip, and you add some text that gets that gradient zooming effect applied to it, and that's literally all there is to it.

As simple as it is, people did some massively creative stuff with it back in the day. Its simplicity and short-form nature are the reasons it works: to be good, you have to make something clever that can deliver its whole punchline in a super short amount of time, which lead a bunch of creative people to do witty things.

Of course, it's also one of the predecessors to modern memes. This was one of the earliest things you could have called an image macro generator.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-03-2020, 03:47 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #5  
some of the pages did give me a large-meme feeling. h'm. that's cool.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 04-03-2020, 07:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Oh hey, I vaguely remember this.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-03-2020, 02:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
Default   #7  
this is some classic internet stuff right here. saw whang! on youtube talking about it being back the other day.
Old Posted 04-03-2020, 03:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I like Jigsawnimo. It's like tetris.

Posted in the wrong thread. I haven't heard of the website mentioned in the original post before coming to this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Last edited by Boris; 07-04-2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old Posted 07-04-2020, 12:26 PM Reply With Quote