Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #3041  
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
and the trumpists in the Senate rejected a package that included free testing for everyone, because mcconnell is an a$$.
To be fair, that package was completely untenable. It was a nice sentiment to want to promise it, but manufacturing and logistics are a big problem -- there aren't enough tests to go around and even making a million a week, there are over 300 million people in the US. And you could potentially need more than one test since a negative test doesn't mean you couldn't get exposed to it tomorrow. So it was a promise that they would have never been able to keep.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-12-2020, 05:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
fair enough, but it seems like everything the Republicons in congress today only think about themselves and their wallet.

but more tests need to be made as well... but if it's "not fair" to a sector that might have to make the tests for free, the Republicons won't approve that, cause it's all about the money for them (and their leader).

my inner cynic is very cynical these days.

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 03-12-2020, 05:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3043  
I need to make another weird cake for my brother's upcoming birthday...
I'm thinking a radioactive symbol cake, with a bunch of plastic spiders all over it, and a smiling Spiderman tucked somewhere in there. xD

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 03-12-2020, 05:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
*frustrated screaming*
Apparently no one bothers to check facts anymore! We're now "sanitizing" the counters and pin pads and door handles at JoAnn every so often throughout the day because supposedly there's a confirmed coronavirus case in the state, but I just checked the official CDC information and there is 1 confirmed case in a Montana resident, but they are not currently in the state. (Basically a Montanan traveling in Maryland picked up the coronavirus, but are remaining in Maryland. But because they're a MT resident, it is counting as a MT case.)
So everyone's freaking out and we have to go over the top to try to assure everyone. XP
(Which I get, but come on, do a little fact checking before you freak out.)
Old Posted 03-12-2020, 06:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3045  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
*frustrated screaming*
Apparently no one bothers to check facts anymore! We're now "sanitizing" the counters and pin pads and door handles at JoAnn every so often throughout the day because supposedly there's a confirmed coronavirus case in the state, but I just checked the official CDC information and there is 1 confirmed case in a Montana resident, but they are not currently in the state. (Basically a Montanan traveling in Maryland picked up the coronavirus, but are remaining in Maryland. But because they're a MT resident, it is counting as a MT case.)
So everyone's freaking out and we have to go over the top to try to assure everyone. XP
(Which I get, but come on, do a little fact checking before you freak out.)
On the other hand, that's probably good health practice anyway, and a habit that more companies ought to maintain even when there's not a global pandemic threat. Would be great during flu season!

There are some confirmed cases here in Arkansas now. I went to Walmart to buy toilet paper because I'm running low and discovered that the shelves were bare -- as well as bleach and boxed dinners.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-12-2020, 07:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ah yeah, I heard about the tp shortages and stocked up on Monday (just 2 12-packs, but for just me, that's enough to get through many months), but hadn't heard about bleach and boxed dinner shortages yet. Of course, I already have plenty of bleach and I don't generally eat boxed dinners, but it's good to know that those are the next potential shortages to watch out for.
I've also heard that rice in some places was running out.
Old Posted 03-12-2020, 07:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #3047  
Copperhead waiting for me in front of the door.
Old Posted 03-12-2020, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I feel less old now thanks to you guys XD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 03-12-2020, 10:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3049  
So far this season of 2020 is pretty intense. o.o
More intense than 2016 I think. o_o

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 03-13-2020, 12:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
pretty sure we had a case over in my town. the entire doctor's surgery closed up for a bit while they went through a deep clean.

uuuuuuugh. i'm worried about the cats and my dad because my dad is about sixty-odd, and semi is anywhere from eight to eleven years old. whiskey is about 8-9, smokey, while younger, we can't pinpoint because he's generally chill.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 03-13-2020, 08:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3051  
also, double posting because my discontentment is simply that strong today.

i woke up at ten fucking am! and i have a mild headache. probably from sleep deprivation, drinking an energy drink right now. or it's caffeine withdrawal.

Old Posted 03-13-2020, 08:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ugh. Now we're doing overkill at the museum (lysol and other sanizizing sprays on EVERYTHING, plus normal cleaning plus hand sanitizer at all the doors) and all the scents of all of the sanitizers are giving me a headache.
Old Posted 03-13-2020, 12:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3053  
izzit possible for you to use something that's unscented, or are they out of unscented sanitizer.

EDIT: also had an anon saying that i'm annoying because i display attention-seeking behaviour. like, they do realize that attention is one of my biggest motivations for fucking creating shit and it's. really fucking hard to have to display enthusiasm for a friend's project while getting nothing reciprocated.

Last edited by Stabbsworth; 03-13-2020 at 01:05 PM.
Old Posted 03-13-2020, 01:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Honestly, I have no control over what gets purchased. The hand sanitizer is unscented, but the lysol is whatever they could find (which is mostly the linen fresh scent) and the other sanitizing spray is "unscented" bit smells like urine and finger paint.
Old Posted 03-13-2020, 01:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3055  
that sucks, man.

Old Posted 03-13-2020, 01:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
At least I only have to deal with it 6 days out of the week...
XP
Old Posted 03-13-2020, 01:18 PM Reply With Quote