Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #2033  
That might explain the lipstick.

Trade eggs don't like me either. I keep getting the same Pokemon. I want a fancy eevee! Not four spikey geodudes. :(.

I did successfully evolve an Espeon though. Haven't named him yet.
Old Posted 10-15-2018, 05:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I've got all five Eeveelutions thanks to the special names, but I'm working on the Espeon for the Mew research line.

My wife got Mew last week.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-15-2018, 12:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #2035  
Gen 4 is live! This is not a drill!

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 10-16-2018, 02:05 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I caught a Bidoof!

That's... the most exciting thing. D:

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 10-16-2018, 09:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #2037  
Espeon and Umbreon are for Celebi.

Eevee will not hatch from the eggs from gifts.

Bidoof was my first gen 4 after the game glitched and would only do a white screen when going to a catch screen.
Old Posted 10-16-2018, 10:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
They are releasing Gen 4 in waves over the net few weeks. So far all that we know for sure are available are the starters; Turtwig, Piplup and Chimchar and a few of the commonly found Pokemon; Starly, Bidoof, Krickitot and Buneary plus any of their evolved forms.

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 10-17-2018, 03:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #2039  
I need more grass and psychic, I just got to that step of celebi (along with excellent curve D:) today
Old Posted 10-17-2018, 03:24 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I'm still working on the raid step for Mew and the three friends for Celebi.

So many bidoofs! I was out in town with my mom driving me around so I managed to catch a pile of pokemon and tag maybe 10 or so new gyms. I finally managed another streak so cracked out a lucky egg and evolved the pokemon that I've been sitting on for a while. I now have Gengar, the ice-metal Sandslash, stage two of electric Graveller, Charmander, fancy Muk (I named him "Floyd"), Dugtrio of hair, Persian Garfield, Golduck, Usaring, whatever Treeko's evo is, Combusken, and Bidoof's evo I called "Doug."

And darn on those eggs! I've also noticed a couple of the trade egg pokemon appearing in the wild which I'm a little miffed about. If I use an incense on a community day, could I attract a shiny?
Old Posted 10-20-2018, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #2041  
I caught Chimchar today! :D

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 10-20-2018, 10:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Incense helps period. Each pokemon has a chance of shiny and on community day, beldum will have a MUCH higher chance of shiny.

I evolved a Chimchar and Piplup? to their second stages :D

Still need more Hoenn and grass pokemon lol
Old Posted 10-21-2018, 02:43 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #2043  
I'm mostly wondering because incense will actually work where I am, though no other Pokemon are in the area.
Old Posted 10-23-2018, 04:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Incense works wherever you are, but its effectiveness depends on moving around. If you're not moving, incense spawns approximately one Pokemon every five minutes. If you're traveling at a brisk walk, a lot more show up.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-23-2018, 09:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #2045  
I think they need to change that. I'm gonna use an incense because I'm not moving. If I'm outside, I can't see my screen and I can't be cupping it and moving it at the same time because I will hurt myself lol

Which I was never big on incense to begin with since it doesn't do much imo
Old Posted 10-24-2018, 12:01 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Moving around is not a problem as I'm on a farm and just wrap my phone up in the top of my yoga pants if I have no pocket. It's just that there are no Pokemon here otherwise. Would the incense attracted Pokemon have different odds of showing up shiny or no? I've heard that they can be rarer types if the area is otherwise barren.
Old Posted 10-24-2018, 01:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2047  
I'm not sure. I was under the impression that incense used the local spawning pool, so it SHOULD produce the shinies that you would get during events, et cetera. Whether or not it generates more of the rarer stuff, I couldn't say.

Old Posted 10-24-2018, 09:38 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I saw a little blurb some time ago by a hiker stating that if you went to where the game map was completely empty and then used an incense, you had greater odds of attracting Pokemon from the rarer end of the scale. Not sure how much it works, but when I've used incense here I've seen evolved pokemon, a magmar which I've never seen otherwise in the area, and my niece caught a vulpix which are also not common.

I'm started to time my rewards as well now, in case I'm home for a day or something. I can maintain a catching streak with research reward catches for example.
Old Posted 10-24-2018, 09:38 PM Reply With Quote