Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default   #49  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikko View Post
I might just do that, lmao. But within normal rules of course (and sanity, lol).
Bonus points if you add the super kawaii blush.

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 12:12 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
You can never forget the blush! Of course~ Maybe blush like my art of my OC Rain doing this:
http://www.nabyn.com/art/rain-ashni-...ry-outs--97548
Because you have to admit that blushes like that are kawaii desu~
Please click the egg(s) below!

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 12:14 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #51  
Quote:
You can never forget the blush! Of course~ Maybe blush like my art of my OC Rain doing this:
http://www.nabyn.com/art/rain-ashni-...ry-outs--97548
Because you have to admit that blushes like that are kawaii desu~
It needs 20% more kawaii, 20% more blush, and 20% more desu.

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 12:16 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Lol perhaps. XD I just don't wanna go too dark, otherwise it'll make her have that of a complexion of a hooker. 0_0'''

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 12:18 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #53  
Quote:
Lol perhaps. XD I just don't wanna go too dark, otherwise it'll make her have that of a complexion of a hooker. 0_0'''
Or a drag queen...... lol

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 12:19 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Lmao, that too. Definitely that too.

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 12:21 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #55  
Jumping in on the coding conversation that everyone stopped caring about a while back >.>

HTML and CSS are obviously really important for any website since they're the bare bones of what it looks like, but other important languages are PHP for a lot of our uploaders and database stuff, Javascript is what the Crane Game was written in, and I know there's a couple others but I don't remember them. I know Coda has said that if you're proficient in a language it's not too hard to learn a new one since you'll already know how to think like a programmer, so he's willing to take on people who know other languages too.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 12:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
It's actually utter luck that I happened to see this thread -- I usually don't come into Fashion Trends! ^^() But I saw that the thread was active and figured it had something to do with the new hair items, so I came in out of curiosity...

Quote:
Sounds like Coda is the top knowledge dog here, huh? :) Good to know we have smart people running the site, no kissing ass involved in my statement, haha. I'm actually getting into programming in college in a year and a half from now. Maybe I could help you guys with that too if you'd like.
Coda's the main developer, responsible for the workings behind almost all you see aside from the core forums functionality (we bought an existing forum package for that). (Coda is not particularly much of a visual designer though...) We technically have two other developers but one mostly handles the administrative parts of the site (he's the owner) and the other is Lucid's hubby that hasn't been around in a while.

All websites are HTML, CSS, and Javascript on the front-end (aside from those that use plugins like Flash), and Trisphee uses mostly PHP on the backend with a little bit of C++ to take care of some parts of the heavy lifting. (The C++ would be responsible for more except I fixed a bug that make about a thousand lines of code that I was working on suddenly obsolete... )
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-31-2014, 03:17 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #57  
Ughhhh I hate it when that happens, if you're distracted you forget to put one certain text point in the code and it jacks up the whole thing. ^^' But I mean, is it true you guys have thought about making the site layout neater?

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 03:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Oh, no, that's not really what happened. What actually happened was that the inventory system was being ridiculously, painfully slow -- some of our users couldn't even access the trade page because it would run out of memory. I was working on a replacement for the inventory/trade/avatar backend that would, in theory, delegate that work out to a separate backend that could keep track of stuff instead of leaning so hard on the database. But then as I was working on building that backend, it suddenly started being really slow just like the existing one. Since I had a very clear point of "this was working, and when I did this, it stopped working" I was able to figure out where it was doing way too much unnecessary work, and when I gave it a more efficient way of doing that task, everything suddenly cleared up, and all the code I'd put into the new backend was suddenly unnecessary.

As for the site layout... We've got some basic design ideas rattling around but we don't really have a web designer to flesh the idea out into a whole layout. I can take a Photoshop design and turn it into a website (and I'm darn good at it), but my own talent at actually coming up with visual designs isn't all that great.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-31-2014, 04:08 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #59  
I see... Maybe I can look around a bit online and see if I can find you guys one that could. I'd pay them with my own art I guess, since after all it is for the site.
I think I remember one of my followers on Weasyl or Nabyn saying that they knew website layout coding.

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 04:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I don't need code. I need designs. ^^()

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 04:13 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #61  
Just designs? Like, what do you mean, what aspect, what use of the designs for the site?

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 04:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Like... If I'm going to overhaul the layout, I need to know what it's supposed to look like. Trisphee's visual styling is getting a bit retro and not in the good way. There are some design elements that are requirements (the teal color scheme, the logo, and the circular gem) but Trisphee definitely looks like a site from the late '00's. A mock-up of the three main pages (forum index, thread index, thread view) would give me enough material to work with.

When I built the current layout a few years back I was still worried about supporting older versions of Internet Explorer and Opera, which necessitated some compromises. That's no longer a concern of mine, as long as I make sure it degrades gracefully (and looking boxy and rectangular in unsupported browsers is fine with me as long as you can still use the site).

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 04:19 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #63  
True. If you guys think a new site layout would be interesting though I could knack up a layout idea in Photoshop and send it to you if you'd like. It would be descriptive, with where things would go and the such. How much art to we have that is Trisphee- logo related on hand currently, btw?

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 04:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer

That's about it. Fenris has the flats for it broken into layers, but I don't think the logo has any specific need to be modified.

I really need to get around to sketching up my ideas for the forum index, but if we're going to get more of a redesign going, I should hold off on that until I see the new general style and I'll update it to match. (One way or another, the reason the forum index redesign hasn't happened yet is because it needs pixel work...)

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 05:00 PM Reply With Quote