Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default Fallout 76   #1  
Anyone geared up for the new fallout 76 game? I wasn't at first cause I am NOT a multi player gamer lol But I'm such a huge fan that im willing to take this L. So is anyone interested in it?

“The Dreamer awakes
The shadow goes by
The tale I have told you,
That tale is a lie.
But listen to me,
Bright maiden, proud youth
The tale is a lie;
What it tells is the truth.”

― Traditional folktale ending

Old Posted 10-02-2018, 11:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
-cue screeching in excitement-
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-03-2018, 04:13 AM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default   #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
-cue screeching in excitement-
*Fan Girls with Espy*

Ahem, okay but seriously what do you think?
The beta realease is getting closer and im pretty damn excited lol

“The Dreamer awakes
The shadow goes by
That tale is a lie.
But listen to me,
The tale is a lie;

Old Posted 10-03-2018, 06:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
So what's funny is, even though I love the FO series, I actually... haven't played that many of the games. I started FO1 and never finished (I restarted it yesterday, and should probably have an easier time of it now that I've dabbled in FO:NV and know more of the lore). And I'm maybe halfway through FO:NV?

I'm kind of worried that it'll end up as just your run-of-the-mill MMO with a Fallout skin, kind of like how ESO's really just a normal MMO with a TES theme to it.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-03-2018, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #5  
I haven't even heard of it.

I've played Fallout 4 but pretty much live in TES, but I don't play ESO. Is that subscription based or buy and play? I guess I'll ask the same about Fallout 76 as well.

Is there a reason for that number?
Old Posted 10-04-2018, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
So what's funny is, even though I love the FO series, I actually... haven't played that many of the games. I started FO1 and never finished (I restarted it yesterday, and should probably have an easier time of it now that I've dabbled in FO:NV and know more of the lore). And I'm maybe halfway through FO:NV?

I'm kind of worried that it'll end up as just your run-of-the-mill MMO with a Fallout skin, kind of like how ESO's really just a normal MMO with a TES theme to it.

The lore is really what makes fallout stand out. Atleast for me. Its pretty much its own universe. And yes Im VERY worried what makes fallout unique will be lost to MMO. Like you said it would be just another MMO with a fallout skin.

I first Played FO3 and I was HOOKED! I've played and beatin all of them. I have only played Oblivion and Skyrim when it comes to the Elder Scrolls but i love them just as much as FO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
I haven't even heard of it.

I've played Fallout 4 but pretty much live in TES, but I don't play ESO. Is that subscription based or buy and play? I guess I'll ask the same about Fallout 76 as well.

Is there a reason for that number?
The '76' comes from the starting place in the game being Vault 76. it is an online only game, which is different than the other games. You will need live for xbox or playstaion network for playstation. Im not sure about pc tho.

“The Dreamer awakes
The shadow goes by
That tale is a lie.
But listen to me,
The tale is a lie;

Last edited by DreadedMartian; 10-04-2018 at 04:34 AM.
Old Posted 10-04-2018, 02:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #7  
Martian -- I'll check your post tomorrow; sleepy as hell.

Quiet -- ESO is now a one-time purchase like GW2, except I believe there's also premium, which is a sub.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-04-2018, 04:12 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Is it good enough without premium? That's what annoyed me about SWTOR. Preferred status barely above free to play,
Old Posted 10-04-2018, 05:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #9  
I'm renting the game through gamefly and getting a 3 month xbox gold live card to check it out. I love the Fallout world and I'm a bit worried that 76' will ruin it... but I am willing to and hopefully will love it like I love the others.

Until then though I am playing a run through of FO3 since it's been a few years since I last played that one.
Old Posted 10-05-2018, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
I feel EXACTLY the same MacSen.
Greifing is my main concern. But they have taken great steps to prevent that so we shall see-hee!

“The Dreamer awakes
The shadow goes by
That tale is a lie.
But listen to me,
The tale is a lie;

Old Posted 10-06-2018, 09:20 AM Reply With Quote  
CL4P-TP
Default   #11  
So I am a massive fallout fan, sinking hundreds upon thousands of hours into the franchise and making multiple characters with multiple different builds and endings and companions etc and I did have 76 pre-ordered. However, I couldn't get access to the beta which kind of irked me a little, like the only stipulation for it was to have pre-ordered the game, and I ordered one of the non-standard editions that included some swanky merch. I had to settle instead for watching other people's reviews and play throughs on youtube. Now I know that obviously taste is a massive thing when it comes to games like these, and while I'm not typically an online gamer I thought it wouldn't be too bad because I enjoyed ESO to some extent, so this would just be the post apocalyptic version right? Well no, I wasn't really getting that vibe from the videos that I was watching. Now I didn't just watch ones from youtubers I liked but I picked a wide variety both with positive and negative spins just so I could try and get an unbiased look at what I could expect. I also know that beta is not the final game, so things like graphical blurps and rendering issues didn't really bother me, it was more the mechanics and the quests and exploration I was interested in. I wasn't feeling any of these things from the videos I watched. I didn't like that a lot of the loot you could find you had to be a certain level to use, especially if you go off the beaten rack and explore somewhere you weren't "meant" to be yet (which in my opinion is how these games are meant to be played, right?). I didn't like the no human NPC thing, because you can quite easily differentiate an NPC from another player, so not including this just seemed a little lazy to me. The random events seemed interesting, but on the flip side I can see them being pretty tiresome after a while. The world looked gorgeous, but I just don't feel like I'd have the same immersion in it as I would your standard Fallout game. Also the day one patch is already 50gb apparently?

Long story short I wasn't impressed and cancelled my pre-order and got Red Dead 2 instead haha! I'll probably still try 76 at some point because I am curious, but I'm not willing to sink that kind of money into a game that feels somewhat empty and unfinished. I'll give it a go when it goes down in price or Bethesda release a patch that basically overhauls the current game (which I doubt).

Though if I remember rightly ESO was a mess on release too, so 76 isn't necessarily doomed from the get go~
Old Posted 11-12-2018, 08:03 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Wow I am SOOOO glad I have someone to talk to about this.

So I am also a huge Fallout fan. I have sunk a lot of money into the franchise, I researched all the lore in my spare time. Huge HUGE FAN. I had issues from the very beginning starting with the pre-order that I wont get into. I paid for my game, The tricentennial SlobKnobbery edition, in full. Long story short My beta didn't work either. I had to play through my brothers account. The game felt lackluster and hollow. I was excited and now I'm not. I am struggling with whether or not to cancel my pre-order now. This is a huge let down.

“The Dreamer awakes
The shadow goes by
That tale is a lie.
But listen to me,
The tale is a lie;

Old Posted 11-13-2018, 12:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #13  
I feel like 76 is... I don't know... trying to be somewhere between Fortnite and EVE Online. That's a massively ambitious kind of thing, and while I can see that it has the potential to work, it's not the kind of game I want to play for myself, and... well, like I said, that's ambitious. Which is HARD to do right.

The quality of the beta does not improve confidence...
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-13-2018, 12:47 AM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
I'll be honest I cringed when I heard it would be online. I wasn't even gonna buy it, buuuut I LOVE Fallout. I even let myself get excited before more details were released and there were only rumors going around about what it would be. I dont know....I figured factions would for sure be a thing and you could join them and maybe even have faction wars. NOPE. None of that. And thats really only the tip of that iceberg.

“The Dreamer awakes
The shadow goes by
That tale is a lie.
But listen to me,
The tale is a lie;

Old Posted 11-13-2018, 02:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #15  
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like FO76 hasn't spent nearly enough time in development?

Like, I haven't pre-ordered or played the beta or anything, but it's the same feeling that I got with Mass Effect Andromeda.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-13-2018, 02:29 AM Reply With Quote  
CL4P-TP
76 definitely feels rushed, especially for the type of game that it is. Like I get with online games they're constantly updating just to keep things fresh, but it just doesn't seem like theres enough base content in it to begin with. I think if Bethesda did it right it could have been a very interesting addition to the franchise, though technically I think 76 must be set in a slightly different timeline or whatever because they've tweaked the lore for this game to appeal to the masses rather than keeping it canon? I can't remember exactly what was changed but I'm sure it was something to do with the Brotherhood of Steel.

I'm definitely more of a single player gamer than an online one, but the online aspect didn't put me off initially. It's just now the more I'm seeing the less I'm excited for it. It releases properly tomorrow, so I'm going to try and withhold judgement until I see some actual day one gameplay rather than beta. I think with the beta videos people are holding the game to a much higher standard than they would normally purely because they've had to pre-order to gain access, so I think it will be interesting to see opinions from those that haven't had to make that type of investment.
Old Posted 11-13-2018, 08:47 AM Reply With Quote