Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default Incoming!   #1  
So hi there! My name is Mekatra, you can call me Meki if you like. I joined here because I'm a member of another avatar site that is unfortunately very inactive. I prefer forum style chatting to the fast paced world of instant messages. Hopefully I can get this place figured out fairly quickly and find some new friends to chat with.
Old Posted 11-12-2017, 10:34 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Hello there! ^^ Yeah, I understand what you mean, I love forums myself, and would hate to see them die down. D:

Anyways, this place is easy to figure out. :) Hope you enjoy it here!

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 11-12-2017, 11:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #3  
Hello there! Welcome to Trisphee! ^.^ Just ask if you have any questions <3

Old Posted 11-12-2017, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Thank you both! Luckily it really does seem easy to figure out. There's a lot more avatar options available than I am used to, but that's a very good thing. May take me a bit to decide on a direction to go for an avatar. Hmm..

No questions that I can think of right now, but I'll be sure to let you know if I think of any. :)

The achievement system on here is a neat thing I haven't seen other places.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-12-2017, 11:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #5  
What are your hobbies? : D

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 12:00 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Thank you so much for the tree thing and the coins!!! (I've already forgotten what the currency here is called...)

What isn't my hobby? I am part of a group called the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) and we do historical reenactment of pre-1700s eras and my husband and I also work a couple renaissance faires throughout the year. We do chainmaille jewelry to sell, but I also spin yarn, tablet weave, embroider, occasionally make lampwork beads even though I'm crap at it, woodburn and make period appropriate food. We have a ton of fun with it, and it usually keeps me really busy in the warmer months of the year, but there aren't a lot of events that we can go to in the winter time.

Other than that I try to do some writing every once in a while. I was participating in NaNo this year but my laptop hard drive corrupted so I lost everything I had done. I was so irritated with it that I quit entirely. I keep telling myself that is a crap excuse and to get back to work but I'm stuck on my husband's laptop and its keyboard has a lot of issues that make it hard to type.

Okay, wow... long post. Sorry.

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Tasty Zucchini!
Default   #7  
Hello there and welcome to Trisphee! I hope you enjoy this place as much as I have, and feel at home soon.
WE ARE THE WEIRDOS MISTER!
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 01:15 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Thank you! So far it has been a really nice place. People seem really friendly here. :)

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #9  
Heyo, welcome to Tris.

Question: I know you don't have a set direction for your avi yet, but any idea what items/colors/whatever you like?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 02:21 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I'm fond of greens and purples, but oh my goodness I've been donated so many items and currency already. O_O People on this site really do like new people. I'm eternally grateful!

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 02:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #11  
Eh, there's never such a thing as too many items.

And we kind of just like people in general.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 03:02 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Thank you! Man I have never had so much stuff just given to me before and that even includes my birthday haha!

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 03:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #13  
"A NEWBIE!" -everyone buries the newbie under a pile of items-

That...seems to be commonplace around here.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 03:32 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I am most certainly not complaining though. There are a lot of communities that are willing to let new people just sort of figure it out themselves and they even make it difficult to get involved so good luck getting any items on your own either.

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 03:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #15  
what is lampwork beads? :O oh i want to see pictures!

There is a hobby hangout that I bet you'd have a blast in ouo

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 11:22 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I don't make lampwork beads very often because I don't have a kiln to put them in for cool-down. They usually crack because the only cooldown method I have is a slow cooker/crockpot thingy full of pearlite. XD I will see if I can dig up pictures of some of the beads I have made.

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 12:51 PM Reply With Quote