Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Ghost Writer
Default A few of Manda's Random Writings!   #1  
This one is not finished by any means, in fact I just started last night after realizing what I was certain I wanted to do with Victoria's character...it's really rough so don't get too critical but if you see some awful diction please feel free to beat me with a leek.

also the copy paste erased my bold and italicized text...and I am far too lazy to fix it.//

Formerly known as MandaChaos. I am back and so happy to be here.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” Mahatma Gandhi

Old Posted 04-10-2012, 04:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Angelic Enchantress
teehee, love being friends with a writer you get to read it before she posts it mwahahaha :p so talented! :3 Manda this Nova loves you muchness
Old Posted 04-10-2012, 10:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Ghost Writer
Default   #3  
I love you too nova -snarls at the typos- baaah I am too lazy :3 I may show you a poem or two later love bird <3

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” Mahatma Gandhi

Old Posted 04-10-2012, 10:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Angelic Enchantress
ehehehe I feel special :3
Old Posted 04-10-2012, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Ghost Writer
Default   #5  
This is an old poem I wrote when I was 16ish...it is pretty messed considering my age when I wrote it so don't mind the insanity...very free verse. Enjoy! (again I was 16...shudders)

Old Posted 04-10-2012, 10:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Angelic Enchantress
teehee Manda i <3 you such a talented person
Old Posted 04-10-2012, 11:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #7  
Manda, just dropping by to say I'm rather impressed with that poem, especially for you being so young when you wrote it. I would love to see more recent work of yours, if you have any/don't mind posting.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 04-12-2012, 12:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Ghost Writer
oh thank you! I will look through this computer and see if I have anything on it before I go to the journal (I am old fashion and prefer to hand write my poetry)

Who knows maybe I will have something up tomorrow o3o

Old Posted 04-12-2012, 02:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Ghost Writer
Default   #9  
This one is a little personal and may need some explaining. I wrote it when I thought my fiancee and I were going to separate about 2 weeks ago (we have resolved the issue, but it was a very scary time for me). The poem is a reflection of myself and my inability to control my own emotions and irrational fears...One of which is who I become when I get angry. (My grandpa still calls me little monster when i get angry, I used to throw tantrums as a child)

I hope this helps...its not my best work, but I think it gives some insight into who I am when I get upset...

PS I apologize for the double post, while I realize it is not against our TOS it is still annoying sometimes >.>

Old Posted 04-12-2012, 02:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Hmm... interesting. I'm trying to decide how the split metaphor of war and demons works. I think the poem is just long enough that it does work. The short lines are really effective, it almost makes each one feel like a heartbeat.

The only one that sticks out a little to me is, "ripped their way out of my body" and the first impulse I had on reading it was to cut it to just "ripped their way out" I think that would flow a little better, but, that was just my first thought on reading it.

Also, by the way, you're allowed to post more than twice in a row in threads you "own" like this one, especially when you're adding new content.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 04-12-2012, 01:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Ghost Writer
Default   #11  
Oh thank you! I think you may be right about that line, but I am always scared tha the visualization of what happens may be lost when I shorten lines up like that. I worry a lot haha!

I love short lines like that in poetry. I have a few poems that have repeated lines. but they always have some purpose. I like thinking of it as a heartbeat that is nifty!

Old Posted 04-12-2012, 02:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Angelic Enchantress
Sheol :D you should read the first post in my Sisters Tea House (Club House thread), :3 manda wrote that as a back story to mine and Maychans stoory of how we came to earth to help wanderers in need :3
Old Posted 04-13-2012, 01:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Ghost Writer
Default   #13  

Old Posted 04-13-2012, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I'm reminded of my poetry professor's frustrated demand, "Why is this centered on the page? Why?!?!?!" though... I never quite understood her problem with that. :p

I do wonder whether the selective capitalization is intentional or not, since it lends an interesting effect to the lines which aren't capitalized.

I'm also wondering about the italicized line in the middle. I feel like it could function as the fulcrum of the poem, but the second half doesn't seem to quite diverge from the tone of the first half enough to work for that, and I'm not sure that's really what you were trying to achieve here, so feel free to ignore my aimless speculation. :p
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 04-14-2012, 02:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Ghost Writer
Default   #15  
The poem is supposed to feel like it happens in one breathe. Like an inner argument. The italicized sentence in the middle was supposed the be almost like a break in the breath (like a short winded gasp I suppose) also I selectively capitalize all the time. In this poem the selective caps are phrases that are spoken a little louder...or a little angrier I suppose would be a good phrase XD

The centering is because I think the spoiler Icon looks better centered XD

Old Posted 04-14-2012, 08:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Well, that makes it even more interesting to read. :p
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 04-14-2012, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote