Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Thorns and Claws
Default   #17  
Vaden seemed to be waiting for the two of them to return as he stood with his hands behind him. "Well how was your trip?" The elder elf seemed to be grinning as if he knew what had happened once they located the flower, most likely he did. In almost the same breath not giving the young prince time to complain as he knew he would Vaden went about addressing his companion. "He didn't give you any trouble did he?" He laughed a little when the girl bothered to shake her head no, he was just picking on his grandson really as he received a glare for his question.

"So it was a easy enough request to get the flower.." Zek chimed in at this point keeping t his normal ways of being a smart ass. "Oh no, no trouble at all just nearly died twice in one trip. New personal record I think." He forced a laugh afterward, though it was a rather weak one. He normally had trouble but this girl seemed to add to his problems without even trying to do so.

Vaden patted Zekrak's shoulder, as a sort of it's ok and reassurance pat. "Well the good news is thats the only errand I needed run, so your both free to go and avoid each other for the rest of your days" He laughed again, though he had hoped it didn't go that badly on one simple trip. "Or if you both have nothing better to do your more then free to join me on my break.. till someone figured out what bar I'm at anyway." He sighed a little he never really got breaks more of pauses between work.

Zek gave Vaden a bit of a look before opening his mouth "Why can't you pick somewhere else to go for a change.." he seemed against the idea of going to a bar, but he very much so had his reasons.
Old Posted 07-09-2011, 02:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
After parting ways with the strange girl and Vaden he wondered off to the back alleyways of the town. He just wanted some time alone really, most of the local stores were shut down or closed in this area so there was almost no one around. There was however a slightly underused training area for want to be recruits for the different ranks of knights. Mostly it was used to test and train the local recruits so they knew if they were worth shipping off to the real training grounds or if they should spend a few years here to improve their skills. Really him being in the area wasn't too uncommon.. the training grounds were where he was found most of the time, or rather he use to be found there often enough till he started distancing himself with the world around him.

A draconic steed had been causing the recruits problems, or that's what he had heard from a few complaining trainees as they walked past. Zek saw this almost as a challenge, he had nothing better to do anyway. He rather enjoyed dealing with animals almost as much as he enjoyed sparring. The odd thing was he was rather good at it, horses were no problem at all and dragons you just had to know what breed it was and how to treat it. He had never had a chance to test his skills on a dracon before.
Last edited by Rosekitten; 07-13-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old Posted 07-13-2011, 09:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #19  
Really the drows had probably done him a favor by forcing him to fight and kill for his freedom. Each guard he took out seemed easier then the last, feeding his demonic blood that was pulsing through his body. He hardly noticed any of the world around him at this point as he continued to fight his way back tot he surface before the whole clan was notified. Really he seemed to be enjoying the blood shed.. he didn't want to admit it to himself though.
Old Posted 07-13-2011, 09:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Pt 1

The medic on scene seemed to be in awe for a moment at what was in front of him. There was a few healers in training following the medic that had just joined him in the room both stopping at the same time. One flinched suddenly at what she saw, though she was quickly brought back to the reality of the situation as the head medic yelled "What are you two doing quickly go get the supplies I need, now!" He was barking his orders seeing as time seemed to be against them.

Zek gasped at the air trying to refill his lungs, though it seemed to be failing as he winced in pain clenching both fists. 'Shit.. I shouldn't be here' He thought to himself between a sudden burst of pain that flowed through his body. His mind was racing with thoughts, he knew he was bound to find his end but he didn't think it would be from this.

The medic looked at the girl that was brought in with him, she seemed to be fine as he started to question her "What happened?" He held his calm trying to get answers from her seeing as she was terrified from what was going on. Not that he could really blame the girl.. demons were not the easiest race to bring down.. let alone one being in the state like this and the prince none the less.

"there were .. spiders brightly colored ones they were everywhere.." Ukvadyl sniffed and was about to go on how it was her fault she should have been looking out for herself but was interrupted by one of the healers returning to the room. "Sir your supplies" He nodded to her going through the small tray she had brought before walking tot he other side of the room.

By this time the medic knew what to do.. there was just no guarantee that it would work and they didn't have any anti-venom on hand. "Get me that herb vial from the third cabinet" He called out to the healer in the room, she quickly did as she was told handing it to him. The other healer took the head motion the doctor had given her as she moved Ukvadyl out of the room to the waiting area so she wasn't in the way.
Last edited by Rosekitten; 07-13-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old Posted 07-13-2011, 10:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #21  
Pt 2

The poison was strong enough to bring a full grown dragon to the ground, there was almost no telling what it was doing to a body of this size. The healer out with Ukvady in the waiting area frowned a little "i hate to be the bringer of bad news but you know that he may not make it... we'll do all we can but the best you can do is pray things turn over." She bowed a little to the girl saying sorry once more and rushed off to assist in any way she could.

When she got to the room she could tell the condition wasn't any better then when she last was in the room. The medic sighed stepping back a little, he wasn't able to get the poison out, his body was recovering as fast as he could get a incision made. "sir.." The other healer said looking down, she knew they could do no more or at least not anyone in this building could.

The medic suddenly told the two to watch him as he walked out of the room and down the hall exiting the build. Both of the healers left behind seemed a little lost in what he was doing but continued to try and assist the prince in any way they could.

to be continued when I get free time....
Old Posted 07-13-2011, 10:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
He was well aware she was being followed, not that it seemed to bother him any. If the said follower proved to be a threat he could easily enough deal with it then, but why waste the energy unless needed. Though he had a good hunch it was the girl from before. With the edge of the forest finally in sight he cared less if she was following him, once out of this place he'd go about his business and she could go to that town she sought.

As he heard someone landing a bit away s from behind him he stopped and waited to see what the girl had wanted. He could tell it was her easily or someone of a similar build by the weight behind the landing. It was more graceful then most of his kind could pull so he was hardly concerned. She questioned him upon her landing, he almost had to laugh that she was curious about it most would have avoided him like the plague after finding out such information.

"You are a odd one aren't you.." He said with a hint of amusement in his voice. Sure most dark elves would have tried to kill her or told her it wasn't her damn business, but he wasn't exactly normal for his kind to say the least. He didn't answer her question right away, but he did turn to face her. He had pulled the hood down by this point as he seemed to study her and her body language as to see what she was thinking.

With with the hood not hiding his face any long it showed that the right side of his face had a scar that seemed to be from a combination of a gash and a burn. His right eye was pure white it seemed to still react as normal but it's seeing capabilities were probably limited if existent at all. His hair was silvery white and was pulled back into a low ponytail though it wasn't very long unlike most dark elves it was considered short really. His other eye seemed normal enough aside from being a wild crimson red in coloration but that was a trait known to his kind as well.

After a few moments he bothered to speak again though he wasn't sure she really needed to know but what was it going to hurt to settle her curiosity. "So you want to know what one does to get branded a traitor to the crown... " He laughed slightly, this still humored him in a odd way. "A short time after the dark queen took over she sent some of her most powerful warriors off on a mission, it was to recover some child that she felt threatened by. Little did we know the mission was suicide. There were five of us, but together it was almost a unstoppable force."

His eyes narrowed a little as he went on "it was a set up, the queen had sent enough soldiers to take out a army let alone just the five. Three out of the five were lucky enough to die on the field of battle, the last two managed to escape. One was captured and the other sub-come to a illness from the poison being used in the battle. The dark queen had no intention of letting any of us live even if we had completed the mission somehow."

His expression seemed to soften again as he went on "You can figure out who was the sole survivor and why I was in the state I was in when you first stumbled across me. At the time of the great war we were allowed to study any field of magic, the forbidden text the gods power. After she thought she had disposed of us she banned such studies and anyone who knew such magic was to be killed."

He didn't care if she didn't want the details she had asked the question she was getting the answer, the whole answer. "I had escaped from the queens clutches the first time, but little did I know she had plans if I had lived.. to lure me back out of whatever rock I was hiding under. through the gossip of the towns I passed through I heard a young woman and a small child were taken.. the woman was to be killed for being the mate to a deserter and the child was to be put into slavery."

Clenching a fist he seemed to pause to regain himself before he went on "The woman was my wife, the small child was.. is my daughter. After that I
Old Posted 08-12-2011, 10:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #23  
(if you would like to know more of this story or what the real plot behind it is feel free to ask me and i shall tell you, i dont really touch on it in this little bit and it is a story i have been re-writing for over ten years now .. i just never progress any further. )

The intercom blasted the silent room as a voice came across its speakers. The room fell still as soon as the chime of the machine rang out into the emptiness, each body expecting the worse as each of the students waited to see what the voice had to say. “VerdiaCastavent, please report to my office after class. VerdiaCastavent, please report to my office after class. Thank you.” The room all at once seemed to let out a sigh as if they had been holding their breath to see who was in trouble this time. A small clammer of murmurs and comments fell upon the ears of the one called out by the speaker system. Most were expected comments, ones she never once thought twice about. The tall gentleman at the front of the room sighed before tapping a pen roughly on the desk to get the groups attention once more. “Did we forget this is an exam? No talking.” He spoke in a commanding yet respectful tone, not raising his voice any more then he normally did. Then again in his line of work if he bothered to raise his voice or get flustered at every little thing the classes did he’d probably be horse for the rest of his life if not a basket case.

Once more the room fell into a silence, all at once knowing he was being serious. Even being such a variety of age groups in the room they all knew that this man before them held the power to make or break their grade if he so well chose to. Talking wasn’t allowed during tests or exams and this one in particular was the one to see where you were to study in the next few years of your life. Sure some of the bodies in the room were older than the rest, but that only meant they probably failed a few years or had moved to this forsaken town. No one really judged anyone else here, things were always the same. Even with people moving in and the town expanding, the population was almost getting out of hand from reports that this was a good place to live. The schools were becoming overcrowded and the job market was almost none existent. But not all was bad about this quiet little town, it was one of the few places left where you could walk around at night or at any time without too much fear or worry that it could be your last day on Earth.
Old Posted 12-14-2012, 10:36 AM Reply With Quote