Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Queen of Typoes
Default   #33  
you're welcome!

well, they're different. Extinction.exe reminded me of a Black Mirror episode, and The Old Days definitely had that "Lovecraft" twist to it. but i think i liked Extinction.exe lots

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-20-2019, 09:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
<:D I love black mirror. I must admit, I wish I could write a black mirror episode!
Ahh! <x] Well, I'm glad you enjoyed them both. ^-^ I hope to write more short stories in the future.

In the meantime, I'm going to start reading The Picture of Dorian Grey. ^u^ I love reading when I have no idea what I'm in for..>u>

Oh, and by the way, xD Am I the only one who makes faces that reflects what I'm reading when I read???

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 01-21-2019, 01:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #35  
i love Black Mirror, too, i've seen all of it as well. my younger daughter just started watching it earlier today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Oh, and by the way, xD Am I the only one who makes faces that reflects what I'm reading when I read???
nope, i make faces at my reading too XD

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-21-2019, 01:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
xD haha! glad I'm not the only one! I just get so immersed! Don't you just love that? :]

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 01-21-2019, 02:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #37  
nope.

i love getting immersed in what i'm reading

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-21-2019, 12:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I'll be honest, I don't actually know if I make faces when I'm reading or not. Because my cats can't tell me and I often get so involved in the story that I forget my surroundings, let alone what my face is doing.
XD
Old Posted 01-21-2019, 06:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #39  
<x} I can't help my expression so, if you're immersed in reading you might be subconsciously smiling at a funny or heartwarming moment, or looking stern when reading about two characters having tension or fighting. I'd wager it'd be kinda funny watching someone else read and finding them doing the same thing. xD
Sometimes I read something hilarious and burst out in laughter or something just wholesome and end up rolling around and clutching the book wanting to cry joyfully. <x3

Old Posted 01-22-2019, 02:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I don't get as into books when reading in a public area or around other people. Mainly because I am super self-conscious, so I'm actually really worried about making faces at my book or other reactions....so yeah....whether I make faces when I read or not shall always remain a mystery.
But when alone, I do sometimes chuckle to myself about funny/clever bits or cry when something really sad happens.
Old Posted 01-22-2019, 03:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #41  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
I do sometimes chuckle to myself about funny/clever bits or cry when something really sad happens.
oh good, i'm not the only one then.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-22-2019, 12:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
<w<; I'll admit...one time in my school library I forgot where I was when I was reading something with a twist in it, and just blurted out "What?!" right out of nowhere, and made like, three people look up in confusion. <x}
and then I left to hide in some obscure corner out of sheer embarrassment.. o-o;

Old Posted 01-22-2019, 10:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #43  
aww....

the time i did that, i was in bed, at night, pretty sure hubby was asleep next to me, and i'm reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. when the character announced "I am the Half-Blood Prince!" i sat straight up in bed and said "what??!" hubby didn't wake up though

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-22-2019, 10:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
x} Haha it must've been quite the surprise!
I didn't have the luxury of reading the Half-Blood Prince first and finding it out, because I saw all the movies first. <x'D Haha, it wasn't as crazy a surprise in the movies tho.

The reaction was more, ">:3 Ooo." than "What?! 8o"

Old Posted 01-22-2019, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #45  
oh i was very surprised. i'm the person who doesn't catch most foreshadowing until 5 seconds before it's revealed, so....

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-22-2019, 11:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
x} hahaha, I'm just the opposite, I anticipate and try to spoil a surprise before it comes my way, and I end up predicting it..but for you, in a way it's nice not catching on right away because such surprises are always received with, well...surprise! :D

Old Posted 01-23-2019, 03:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #47  
yep. i like surprises.

when i started watching this one tv show, the fandom was.... well, 'crazy' is a nice word, and they hated almost everything the show did, so i was very into spoilers so i could refute their hatred. i did that for like 5 seasons, it got very tiring. now, no more spoilers for anything (if i can help it, that is)

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-23-2019, 12:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
:] Ohhhh. Yes, always avoid spoilers if possible! -u- A good rule to remember.
Even though I get super curious sometimes and really really want to spoil it just to be on the same page as everyone else or ahead of everyone else, but, <x{ I mustn't! No more never again! -n-
So now...I don't watch...shows. X'D anymore. haha.

Well, that isn't true entirely. <u<; I watch..ehhh, Stranger Things and like...RWBY..but I largely ignore the fanbase, especially for RWBY. >~>;;
But I like to watch shows when all the hype and stuff has died down when the series is over entirely. -u- I loved watching Doctor Who, but I'm so far behind now, and just lost interest after a while. :[
So now most of the shows I watch now are on Netflix or Amazon Prime. And I don't really watch a whole lot of them to begin with. ^~^; hehe..

Old Posted 01-24-2019, 03:56 AM Reply With Quote