Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #5585  
Lol. Probably several boxes tbh as I don't think I have any boxes big enough for it all. Plus side? I can send it at semi-random times throughout the year as surprise gifts! (Unless you'd prefer notice of things being sent, then not-so-surprise gifts lol.)

I forgot to make my list so haven't done much yet today, but did have lunch with a friend, clarified tomorrow's work schedule, and picked up a craft book at the library so I can check my supplies and maybe make a few projects from it and am now probably gonna take out some trash and swap apps on my phone for ease of project making.
But first....I gotta find/put on some epic music and make some coffee!
Lol
Old Posted 09-16-2021, 04:27 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Ooo. Surprise yarn sounds nice. And this way I can use one of the boxes to send Safire and stuff back to you. :D

I listened to a nature sound thing this morning while I was working. And I was thinking of getting patterns into useable form too. I've got several cheap ones or ones off yarn wrappers that I can't read at all because the printing is so tiny or/and faint. I'm gonna see if I can bribe somebody to write them down in my pretty new handmade notebook for me.

LMBO, and I had caffeine last night. A Runa energy drink. And today I'm feeling a lot better than I have in awhile, because the ingredient in Runa, goyusa, is actually good for things like balancing blood sugar.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-16-2021, 05:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5587  
Yeah, the patterns on labels can be very hard to read hope someone can do that for you!

I didn't get as much done today as I anticipated after all. But did paint most of my coat rack! 3 of 4 have a base coat of their multichromes done. The 4th one I started to paint, but the color is a little dark and the lighting in my apartment is garbage and the sun was almost gone. So it's postponed until tomorrow. Don't have a pic of all of the claws/arms, but this is the first one I painted:

The claw tips are gonna be painted a dark grey/silver after I do the multichrome on all of them and then it will just need a tiny bit of clean up and a uv-resistant clear coat.

Ah, I've never heard of Runa. Sounds interesting. My preferred caffeination method is coffee. If I buy at a shop, usually a latte (sometimes flavored, sometimes without flavor), but at home I usually go with either plain black coffee or just a little half and half or milk in it, no sugar.
I decided against coffee for today, but might make some up tomorrow morning to help me get my butt in gear and do stuff before my afternoon work shift.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 09-16-2021 at 10:31 PM.
Old Posted 09-16-2021, 10:27 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Runa's got goyusa, a relative of yerba mate that boosts without a crash, and also evens out blood sugar and stuff.

Well, today went down the toilet for me. First I find out that the Alberta government has decided that nobody's allowed into places like malls and stuff unless they can show proof they're vaccinated. Then I get online and I find ALL my bookmarks gone, and all the backups I'm sure I made gone except an old one.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-17-2021, 11:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5589  
I don't go for energy drinks much, but may look into goyusa more just to learn about it. I don't think I have any real blood sugar issues, but it would still be worth reading up on.

Awww, I'm sorry all that happened! Especially all in the same day! I know Canada, in general, has been a lot more strict with covid restrictions than here in the US, but trying to force the vaccine like that is kinda not okay. Especially for people who just can't get the vaccine.
Losing bookmarks is the worst! Hopefully you can remember or find at least some of them! I don't know if they can be recovered at all, but if they can, I hope that can be done!
...also reminds me that I should go through my bookmarks and clean them out as I know there's gotta be a bunch I don't need anymore.
Old Posted 09-18-2021, 02:26 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
A friend said in some States they're actually trying the same thing. I got my first shot today. I still have a really bad stress headache from it, and keep having to remind myself that God'll protect me from any bad effects. And that stuff can't turn you into a zombie in RL. (that last is a joke)

Two friends helped me find sites I'd bookmarked, and one did quite a bit of digging to just find the old bookmarks, but it didn't work. XD Yes. Clean them out, and backup often! I can't believe I didn't have a newer backup file. *shakes head*

Yeah, but even without blood sugar issues, goyusa is nice stuff that doesn't crash you like many caffeine stuffs do. I just wish it were easier to find.

Sorry if I didn't make sense with anything I said just now. I'm a bit wiped by the day.

Oh, and Cobb the Beanie Boo spider lives here now. SPIDER BABY.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-18-2021, 09:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #5591  
Tam, take it easy for the rest of today, all of tomorrow, and maybe part of Monday, alright? I had the one-and-done and felt like crud a few hours after and into the next day.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 09-18-2021, 10:28 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
I took it easy Saturday evening and night. But it was just too loud to rest here today (tried, mastiff across the alley was in full woof, and some guy buzzed me demanding to be let in while I was trying to nap), so I went to the farmers market, sat in a quiet corner where I'm welcome, crocheted some, ate tasty snacks, gifted a couple two dollar pastries, and played with dolls. I got there feeling like I wasn't going to be able to last long enough to closing so I could help close the one veggie booth like I love to do, left there with most the headache even gone. Amazing how being at the market can be more restful than home sometimes. Got home to find my ebay parcel parked neatly in front of the door (I think the delivery lady even had it centred), so I used almost all the rest of the fibrefill to stuff the doll body in the package and put together the Sweet Love CPK knockoff dolly.

My arm is pretty sore, but I can still use it. I'm tired, but that could be left over stress toxin, because I was royally freaked. So either I'll have bad effects for the second shot, or maybe not at all. Unless this one decides to clobber me on Monday.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-19-2021, 09:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5593  
I second what Den said, take it easy for a bit. Especially after the second shot. Most people who I know who got one of the 2 shot vaccines generally had a worse/stronger reaction after the second one.

Like Den, I also got the single shot (despite the potential increase of health risks in females of a particular age range that I fit in), but tbh, I had very little reaction. My arm was pretty sore the first few days then just felt like it was bruised or overworked for about another week, but I didn't really have any other reaction. I mean, the first day after I felt a little off, but it was kind of like when you feel a cold coming on, but aren't actually sick yet but that was it.

I started working more on a scarf I need to make! It's a real struggle because unless I'm doing something fun like stripes or a new stitch or something, I hate making scarves. They're easy, but boring.
Never agreeing to do this again. XP

Need to pick up more black yarn for the hat to go with it too. At least that will be testing out a new pattern so it won't be super dull. But still will have to force myself to make it probably.
And got my pdf reader back on my phone so I can access patterns easier again. (So I will do my best to get Custard's macaron made by the end of the first week in Oct at the latest!)
Old Posted 09-22-2021, 12:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I was tired and a bit achy and had a minor fever a few hours after mine. and felt tired and achy into the next day, like I was sick with a 24 hour bug. I spent the majority of the day following my shot just sleeping and not doing anything, and by the next day, I felt fine, aside from a little soreness where I got the shot.

Projects-wise, I've started another doll, and I'm in the home stretch of the hat to go with my plague doctor mask. I don't have enough leather to do the edge of the brim, sadly.

Quote:
Old Posted 09-22-2021, 06:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5595  
Boss at Joann is possibly gonna try to make me go in earlier than I'm Scheduled tomorrow, but ugh, I really don't want to as I really have a lot of stuff on my plate already as I really need to figure out laundry (I'm down to only truly clean shirt for the library and not really any skirts or tights/leggings at the moment) plus my dad's gonna be in town and wants to get lunch or something *eyeroll* plus I was gonna take my jar of change to a coinstar to use for an online gift card so I can pick up a few things I need. But if they schedule me earlier that cuts into pretty much everything except, annoyingly, my dad because he'll just spam my phone incessantly until I answer and/or just show up whether I say yes or not. Ugh.
Old Posted 09-22-2021, 07:07 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
That's... how I feel about scarves. Though I have a crochet pattern that makes a scarf shaped like a mermaid, and I remembered that this morning. I have to get all the patterns I've bought printed out before I buy any more.

Yeah. I'm still sleeping, but that could be because I got my face frozen today for a filling. Strangely, I noticed a numbness in part of my right leg the day I got the shot, and then today it was going numb and feeling weak as I walked around to buy toy stuffing and such.

But... I found a whole package of barbie shoes that fit the curvy girls! The made to move curvy hip hop dancer girl is now wearing screaming pink neon jelly sneakers. XD And the curvy Fashionista is wearing wedge heel black mary janes with her blue plaid dress with the white collar and navy tie.

Sadly, no sight of the Nanana Surprise teen doll with the doberman theme.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-22-2021, 08:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5597  
Oooooh mermaid scarf! Fun!
I have a few scarves I want to make. Some are kind of zig-zag type shapes or dragon tail shapes. And one is a cat vomiting a rainbow, which I just want to make because it's silly and fun. But I don't think I'll make more than a couple of each before the novelty wears off.

Hmmm...that leg numbness sounds problematic...if it persists, I definitely recommend getting it checked out.

Ugh. I got literally nothing done on my list today so I absolutely NEED to dig through my laundry stash to find my cleanest skirt and give it a quick refresh for work tomorrow. Thankfully I only wear them to the library so they shouldn't have picked up any smells (I hope) and should be in decent condition pending a quick ironing. Will have to make sure to get to laundry on Sunday. And/or see if I can pick up a couple skirts from a local shop. They're a bit pricy, $45-$55 for the skirts I want, but the skirts are cute and have pockets. Maybe that's what I'll do for my lunch break tomorrow. Pick up a quick coffee and sandwich and a couple skirts. Lol
Old Posted 09-23-2021, 09:41 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
XD The lady who made the mermaid scarf pattern also has it in needle knitting, and she's got a shadow scarf pattern too (you know, like from Peter Pan?).

I tend to hang worn clothes up on the clothes drying rack overnight, then sniff them the next morning and put them back in the closet. >_>

Do you need to wear skirts for work? Like, dress code?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-23-2021, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5599  
Oh yeah! I think I remember you mentioning the shadow scarf! It sounds pretty cool!

Lol, no. Skirts aren't required. But they're more comfortable to me than pants are despite the general lack of pockets. Plus I already have several skirts, but I don't own any dress pants. And jeans aren't allowed.
The basic dress code is "business casual" so casual dresses, skirts, khaki pants, or dress slacks/pants and "dressy" t-shirts (I bought a small variety of crew neck ribbed shirts in short and long sleeve, but wish I could find a bigger variety of colors in that style and also that the white one I bought was thicker as it's a bit more see-through than I'm comfortable with), polo shirts, or blouses.
I'm kind of garbage at finding dressy clothes that I like, which is part of why I like skirts probably. A simple, solid color, a-line midi (approximately knee-length) skirt is very easy to wear formally and casually. I need more of them. >.>
Also kind of want to invest in some flannel or wool skirts for winter eventually and some nice sweaters to go with them.
Really need to catch up on my laundry so I can clean out my closet and build up my basic items better.
I'll have my library wardrobe (simple skirts and semi-dressy shirts, cute shoes and boots with low or no heels), Joann wardrobe (blue jeans, casual black t-shirts, sneakers/hiking shoes), and my "day-off" items (baggier/casual shirts or the rare graphic t-shirt, shorter skirts or skirts that I love and don't want to get rid of yet, but aren't up to library standards due to stains or general wear and tear).

Anyway, that's a lot of clothes talk... xD

Tldr; nah, skirts are personal choice, not dress code though there is a bit of a dress code to follow and eventually I'm gonna clean out my wardrobe/closet and build up good mix-and-match essentials for work as well as maintaining items for my other job and more causal clothes for my days off.
Old Posted 09-24-2021, 02:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
That's when you make a pocket or two to add to the skirt. open the side seam, attach the sides of the pocket to the sides of the seam, attach reinforcement via a piece of twill tape that attaches to the waistband, and boom. you're done. and the only limitation in pocket size is how big you want it. Unlike pants, which are restricted due to the legs of the body that is wearing the pants.

Quote:
Old Posted 09-24-2021, 06:01 PM Reply With Quote