Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dragon of Ice
Default Guardian Animals   #1  
Okay, so I'm bored and figured I might as well try and post something to get discussed. Some of you may not be into this, others may. Please only post if you have something relevant to say, or some critiquing of placement of this. Otherwise, I don't care and will ignore you.

So, as the title of the thread implies, the topic at hand is guardian animals (or spirits if you prefer). Please post what you believe yours to be and why you think so. Don't have to include any personal details, just general.

Personally, I see quite a bit of this as I can relate to multiple animals (both from the real world and in myth). The one I identify most with though is either the Tiger or the Dragon. Mostly, I lean more towards the dragon. I enjoy the duality of fire, how it can both destroy and create new life from the ashes (ties a bit into the Phoenix for me as well.....but that's a different topic). I tend not to be quick to anger, but when I do I come out guns a blazing with everything I have (i.e. ferocious, fire-breathing dragon). Anyone who has seen me truly and utterly pissed off can attest to this.

So, thoughts?
Old Posted 12-19-2011, 04:13 AM Reply With Quote  
light always wins
I believe my guardian spirit is an owl. I'm not sure what color, but when I try to connect with it and really ponder about it, all I see in my mind is a large owl that is beautiful. I'm not really sure how to explain all of this and I may sound weird but that's what I see.
Old Posted 12-19-2011, 11:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #3  
I'd like to say that my guardian animal is a fox, but...haven't done anything deeper than that >.> I should probably look into that a bit more, huh...
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-19-2011, 11:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Person, what Person?
According to the shawman of my Native American Tribe I'm an eagle. I don't really connect with the eagle though, I'd have to say I'm more of a Panthera Uncia (Snow Leopard) I have grace when I want to have it and I can be violent when my cubs/family are harmed. I don't intentionally seek company nor do I go looking for a fight.
Puppy to Asami
Gallagher is Nursy~
Broken Muse is my girlfriend
And Ducky is awesome!

Quote:
That is the general nature of things! An equality, a mutal need!

What? To kill and be killed? To love and to feed? That is what you support! There is no equality between the pet and the master.
-Elizabeth & Jason (From The Thirteenth Season)
Old Posted 12-20-2011, 12:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #5  
Fox actually does fit me, partially...

Underhanded at times, not the nicest-looking, solitary hunter (personal projects) but with a big group of friends/family at home or on free time, sometimes very much so misunderstood.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-20-2011, 12:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Lynx, more towards an Iberian but that is because of my interest in them. My next tattoo is planned to be an Iberian Lynx. Funny thing is a Lynx is my college Mascot..... and I didn't realize it until after I applied.
Lynx are solitary hunters with their territories not over lapping except with in their family but they are mostly solitary and prefer the quiet.... which after my family visiting I am ready to be back home with Alpha and sleep.
Old Posted 12-20-2011, 02:18 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #7  
I don't know how you go about figuring out what is yours, however, from dreams I've had where I've had one of the old Chinese style dragons guiding me - gives me the impression it's a dragon... started happening about a year before I started looking up more info on dragons

↳↓-will accept art requests-↓↲
Old Posted 12-26-2011, 12:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Eh, you could be spiritual and go about more traditional means, but I'm pretty sure most of us just kinda go with what we feel fits us best.
Old Posted 12-26-2011, 12:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #9  
I feel like I have cat attributes myself but I can't say I've felt a presence of a guardian animal outside of me. I don't know if my cat-ness would count as such or not.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 12-26-2011, 10:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
I was thinking more just something you feel than an actual literal guardian animal. I know both of mine come straight out of myth, so eh.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 12-29-2011, 07:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #11  
I feel that my spirit animal would most likely be a be a an animal from the canine family or some sort of bear. I'm very royal to my family and can be fairly understanding at times, I also don't really seek out others company unless I know them fairly well. I'm wary of strangers, and when someone threatens my family, or makes me mad, let's just say that bad things happen.
Old Posted 12-30-2011, 04:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
My guardian animal is a dragon, she is part of the reason for my first tattoo. Its called the Dragonis (female dragon lol) But according to my great grandmother (she is a Cherokee Shawoman)I'm a wolf. I'm not sure if a wolf is my actual guardian but I am guarded but one! I have an half wolf half husky puppy lol
Old Posted 01-06-2012, 07:47 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
guardian animals, guardian spirits