Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Angel Of Love
Default Work is now horrible for me   #1  
I used to like going to work in fact i loved going to work every day but i work at a clothing store a pretty popular one which clothing store period attract Fashion snobs which who i been teaching for the past 2 days she thinks she knows everything and she insults the customers when they choice clothing and ask her what they think and shes insulted me for looking horrible today and i told her i was sick and she said well that is no excuse to look horrible and make everyone else suffer i don't really like to hit people but she makes me want to hit her what should i do ?

~Storywriter~
"Heaven's storywriter At last, By your hand,
Love, by your pen, at last...(was drawn) In the sky,
On hands that open once a lifetime,
On eyes that open once a lifetime,
On a picture drawn once a lifetime,
Light shone. Tear up this future; voices surf for light years!!!!"
Old Posted 11-15-2011, 01:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Go ahead and beat the crap out of her.

...I'm joking. Uh...I got lost a bit into that mini-rant, but my advice is ignore her. You're not the only one who looks -bleh- when you're sick, trust me. I'd like to see her get sick too.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-15-2011, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
Default   #3  
She's a waste of space and not worth losing your job over. If anything, tell her she is a roach in human skin. She has absolutely no worth in the world. Who gives a shit about how you look on the outside? In the long run, it's who you are and how you look on the inside that matters.
Old Posted 11-15-2011, 01:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Love Angel Legend
That seems to be the way it works in the real world and there really is nothing you can do. I say there is nothing you can do because if people are not willing to understand your situation and they are in control of whether you keep your job or not, then ultimately there is nothing you can do.

I wish that in the real world people were more understanding, but instead they want to have all these unrealistic expectations of people and do not come to an understanding when someone is sick etc.
Old Posted 11-15-2011, 03:30 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Default   #5  
Best advice for a coworker like that, be super, ridiculously polite to her. She's being rude, don't sink to her level. Every time she insults you just smile and say 'Thanks for your opinion, I value all the thought you put into it!' When she's rude to customers walk over and be super polite to them with something like, 'Hi! You know, I had to come tell you that I love your hair(or something else non-clothing related). I'm sure [insert bitches name here] is taking great care of you, but don't hesitate to ask if you end up with questions!'

This is going to do a couple things. One, the customers are going to see you in a positive light, and by comparison she'll look incompetent. This WILL get back to management. Then management will see that you're being very positive/polite in the face of all her scathing comments and see you in an even BETTER light. She'll end up hurting herself in the long run. And who knows, after a while she'll either get reprimanded enough, or confused enough, to stop all the rude behaviour.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 11-15-2011, 11:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Angel Of Love
Fey that is really good advice i will do that next time i go to work i did not go today because i was sick but i need to get back on my feet and go ^^

~Storywriter~
"Heaven's storywriter At last, By your hand,
Love, by your pen, at last...(was drawn) In the sky,
On hands that open once a lifetime,
On eyes that open once a lifetime,
On a picture drawn once a lifetime,
Light shone. Tear up this future; voices surf for light years!!!!"
Old Posted 11-15-2011, 11:41 AM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
Default   #7  
-Go with what Fey said o_o -nods-
Old Posted 11-15-2011, 12:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
*takes note of what Fey said for future use*
Old Posted 11-15-2011, 02:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
Default   #9  
From one side, it depends how horrible you looked... if you work in shop, of any kind, you really have to look decent, with brushed hair, etc., but I am sure you did look alright, besides the face that showed you're sick. >.<
I think Fey's advice is a good one.
~ Hello, I am Sadrain, a ghost Caracal, but you can call me Rainy.
Nice to meet you. =^-^= ~
~Questing: Yearlies, RIGs, Lot of MIs, RUNES (always), Aurum
Shop: Selling MOST EIs | NOT updated buying thread ~

|~ Status:
Questing so much things I don't know where to start ~|

~Manning Crow's Nest on Haunted Galleon under Captain Lawtan's rule ~
Old Posted 11-15-2011, 02:03 PM Reply With Quote  
The only Prof. of Fizzyology
I agree with Fey but at the same time I think you should take matters into your own hands as well. It's one thing if she's rude to her fellow employees but if she's being unprofessional towards her customers I personally don't think she deserves to have a job unless she can get her act together. If this job was important to her one would think she'd be kind to the customers.

If she keeps pulling these unprofessional and childish stunts towards you and the customers, talk to a manager. Explain how you don't appreciate how she's acting and that she isn't properly doing her job when she insults customers.

Honestly that's the worst and dumbest thing an employee can do and is certainly something that can easily get them fired; telling the customer off. "The customer is always right" after all.

Click to go to Quest Thread ---v

Member since Nov. 4th 2010
Old Posted 11-15-2011, 04:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #11  
I think someone needs to sit her down and talk with that woman first.

Because does she realize how much of an ass she's being to customers? Does she just think she's being blunt, but she's actually being an ass? Some people, if management or someone higher up talks to them, they'll be like HO SHIT! I need to change. (That would be me...except I wouldn't be doing that type of stuff...I'd been like...you don't look your best....do you feel bad? And offer to get something to help if I could :3)

But Fey's way is good-it's what you should be doing whether that sit down with management happens or not.
Old Posted 11-15-2011, 06:35 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
The problem with confronting her is this(advice as someone who used to be a manager):
No matter how you present it, unless [we] see it with [our] own eyes it's your word against her's.
Yes, you may be right, but 90% of customers won't complain, so any negativity towards them is going unreported by the people that would cause the most impact. This is why the advice I gave was so specific, it'll let the problem stand on it's own. Unless you are her direct supervisor nothing you say will be nearly as affective.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 11-16-2011, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote