Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Toyota
Default Make the most of your day   #1  
Imagine there is a bank account that credits your account each morning with $86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day. Every evening, the bank deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use… during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course? Each of us has such a bank. Its name is TIME. Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night, it writes off as lost — whatever of this you have failed to invest to a good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft. Each day, it opens a new account for you. Each night, it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours. There is no drawing against tomorrow. You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness & success. The clock is running. Make the most of today..

Just something I wanted to share with everyone :P
Old Posted 11-10-2011, 01:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Love Angel Legend
I do understand what you are trying to say and it would be good if I could sometimes manage time more wisely.
Old Posted 11-10-2011, 01:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Toyota
Default   #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedding Peach View Post
I do understand what you are trying to say and it would be good if I could sometimes manage time more wisely.
I'm right there with you, I think there is more to life than just the internet, like I am on it too much i think.. and video games.. on it too much lol
Old Posted 11-10-2011, 01:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Love Angel Legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ae86 View Post
I'm right there with you, I think there is more to life than just the internet, like I am on it too much i think.. and video games.. on it too much lol
I am also on the Internet too much, but I have work that has to be done on the computer as well that I need to focus on more. I am not as serious as a video gamer as I used to be, but when more of the video games I want come out, I may consider being more into video gaming again.
Old Posted 11-10-2011, 02:28 AM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
Default   #5  
I would invest some of the money every day into SE and eventually take over xD I would also buy a lot of video games, clothes, ect.

On a more serious note, I would put it into solving my health problems, taking care of my dogs, medical bills, ect. ^^ I'd also buy a house, buy the land, buy a car and all that good stuff. I would be pretty responsible with it until I didn't need to be any more.
Old Posted 11-10-2011, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
While they dont last the entire day, i love those little moments of contentment, like driving home with school rocking out to classical rock, eating a pear, and keeping the windows open so the fresh autumn wind blows through the car. :) those make suckish days better in my opinion
Old Posted 11-11-2011, 06:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #7  
Everyone would love to live their lives to the fullest, but we all have responsibilities and other things that limit us. But if we abandon those responsibilities, depending on who you are, it could cause a guilt trip which then it was a waste to abandon those responsibilities to "live your life to the fullest."

And, what might be a waste to one person...such as reading, roleplaying, or playing video games...might be the best way to use time to someone else.

And I know...I think too much sometimes .-.
Old Posted 11-12-2011, 01:01 PM Reply With Quote  
light always wins
I wish I had more time to just be by myself and enjoy the beauty of nature and the world, but I have a job and it seems it consumes my life now. I wish I used time more wisely to get things done.
Old Posted 11-13-2011, 01:50 AM Reply With Quote