Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Bald and loving it!
Default   #17  
They are very expensive at Micheal's its best to see if they have one of those how to draw kits at Barnes and Noble.

Lol do you have a phoenix down too?

Also my parents would kill me if I did art in the kitchen or any where outside of my room.
Old Posted 08-21-2011, 03:13 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
lol No, I don't have a Phoenix Down. The Health and Mana potions WERE once energy drinks. They were gross, I don't suggest getting them. I had them sitting on my desk for a while, cause I liked the bottles and that they said Health and Mana Potion on them. But... the stain on the inside from the liquid that used to be in them was bugging me.

So last night, I tore of the labels, cleaned them out and filled them with water and red and blue ink from sharpies that were going to die anyway. And "Viola!", they look even better like this! The red one actually kinda looks like blood if you look at it up close.

As for art at the table... >.>
It's my table, I do whatever the hell I want with it. xD

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

♔ Trisphee's one and only Vampire Prince ♔
Currently working on "Dream World Is Mine" art.
Let me catch you in my Dark Void...

Old Posted 08-21-2011, 03:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Linden View Post
The wooden figure? Um, it came with an art kit that someone got me while I was in High School. If you have a Barnes and Noble near you, I've actually seen one there, alone with posable wooden hands. If not, I suggest a craft store like Michael's.
I don't know of any Barnes & Noble here.. the closest thing we had was Boarders and well that is gone now =(

I'll check at Michael's and ask for one for xmas thanks :3

Mah Pictures!

Laptop area:

Drawing stuff:

Desktop/headset/speakers:

theres my messy room er work space xD

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 08-21-2011, 03:22 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
You might be able to find one at Amazon.com.

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

Old Posted 08-21-2011, 03:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #21  
hope so. I need one so i can practice full bodies xD I suck so bad at full body art

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 08-21-2011, 03:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Mr Bear! XD and I enjoy how theres a cat apart of Drawing and Art stuff.

Well since our last land lord sued us for having paint stains on the wall, and the carpet my parents got pissed. I am also very clumsy @.@ and have a bad habit of mixing my paint water with things I am eating. Luckily now I just work with water color.

Where did you get a drink called health and Mana?
Old Posted 08-21-2011, 03:26 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #23  
I used to use stock photos for things like that. I use a lot of references sometimes, but I've been using less and less for poses recently. I think I've finally figured out anatomy well enough to go without those or the figure.

Poggio - You can get them online, Hot Topic (as far as I know), FYE, etc. I think Paizo might sell them... or was it Wizards of the Coast? Can't remember, but they are based on Health and Mana potions from video games. They kinda reminded me of the ones from Diablo II.

Old Posted 08-21-2011, 03:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
I'm trying =w= *looks at many downloaded 'how to draw' books*

poggio - that would be my Zeke D8 he wanted some spot light so he stretched out to get into the shot xD

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 08-21-2011, 03:29 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #25  
Honestly, How To Draw books aren't as great as looking at fashion magazines, manga with incredible eye candy, and photos in general. Observing people in real life is nice too, if people don't think you're staring at them. lol

Study other artists. Look at their tutorials, try to emulate artists with similar styles to your own, or styles that you would like to be able to do yourself. And then branch off from there and find your own style.

Old Posted 08-21-2011, 03:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
I'll try to do that. Mom keeps getting magazines so I'll snag some from her *since I only get horse,cat and bird magazines*

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 08-21-2011, 03:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #27  
As far as art goes i agree with Alex, except I find art books to be helpful, like I have the art of toy story three, and a art book from a comic I read they are wonderful for help.

XD so I have pictures of my desk, however my dad can't find the usb for the camera.

Ah, those stores that I rarely traverse into.
Old Posted 08-21-2011, 03:36 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Then again... The magazines on my shelf are Men's Health and GQ. They totally work.. >.>

lol

Old Posted 08-21-2011, 03:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #29  
Mom.. some how ended up with mens health, sports, rolling stones.. and some other crap xD

The one art book I downloaded helped me a lot with my hands and feet. :3 thanks to them I'm getting better at that part xD

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 08-21-2011, 03:41 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
I've noticed a lot of how to draw manga books are really crappy. xD So stay clear of those! However, I really liked the Japanese Comicker books. If you see those, there's lots of lovely art in those.

Old Posted 08-21-2011, 03:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #31  
I have a vendetta against Christopher Hart. Hes the one that has the most american manga how to draw books. After a while they don't tell you things you don't already know, like using structure for the basic figure and what not. I find watching speed draws or live streams help too.

The Desk:

XD My Hard Backs:

Last edited by Poggio; 08-21-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old Posted 08-21-2011, 04:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
alex - those are the ones people get me and suck its why I download the ones I do to see if they help :3

poggio - I have one of his books.. my ex got it for me and i hate it the most D8 .. I SEE A SHARPIE! *snags* x3

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 08-21-2011, 04:16 PM Reply With Quote