Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Sexy BokBok
Default Insecurities...   #1  
They eat you alive don't they?

(be prepared for a very confusing rant. >: )

Usually I'm okay and I don't think that there is something wrong with me. Hardly anyone can make me second guess myself... that is except for the people that I care about most.

I try to hard to not feel this way.
I try to hard to be confident...
But then, have you ever felt confident about something and learned that it wasn't what you thought it was to begin with?

I've had to many good things ripped from when when I thought that they were... good. And now I'm scared. Very scared that I'll have yet another ripped from me... ):

I'm afraid to talk about what's bothering me and what makes me insecure with the person it involves because I'm afraid it will ruin our relationship, honestly.

Having a conversation about these kind of things never go over well with me and I need advice on how you let someone know how you feel without making them angry or upset.

Because I'm just to scared right now to try on my own...

"Look over your hills and be still
The sky above us shoots to kill
Rain down, rain down on me"
Old Posted 02-07-2011, 04:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Pattern Recognizer
Sadly, there is no foolproof way to avoid upsetting others. All you can do is calm yourself as much as possible. If they see you're tense and nervous, your news will be more disturbing than if you were calm and relaxed about it.

About the being wrong...yeah, has happened a lot and made me lose my bravado. Even when I'm right, I keep my mouth shut.
Trisphite Map

Last edited by Vox; 02-07-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old Posted 02-07-2011, 04:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Sexy BokBok
Default   #3  
Yeah. ):
There really isn't any foolproof way of doing it...
I just wish people would understand more where I'm trying to come from if I bring something like that up. x_x

Old Posted 02-07-2011, 06:13 PM Reply With Quote  
In the Box
Honestly, I have three people in my life whom I can say everything(almost, if not everything).

In is in that level of trust that I hold very dear, and maybe, just maybe you should have a little bit more faith in them. I've had my heart, trust and respect crushed, different people, different times, all of which just plain sucked.

I think you should think about what this fact is, this thing you want to talk about to whoever it might be and just gather up the courage to do it. It sounds important, if it is you should probably tell him/her/them. Whenever I have big, emotional or something that is just very difficult to tell them, I assure them first. If it's about them and you're worried about their feelings or their trust, then tell them how much you care about them (as you go... and mean it, of course).

I don't know what it is, or what you're feeling insecure about... but if these are your friends/family, then they need to understand you and at least give you a chance to explain the situation. Be clear, don't cut corners and most of all, get that thing off your chest.

Long, long hiatus.
Old Posted 02-07-2011, 09:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Sexy BokBok
Default   #5  
Thanks for the advice Mica.

I sadly don't have anyone I can tell everything to...
just my girlfriend and I don't like burdening her with everything I have going on.

The problem is that I've had 'talks' with this person before about how I feel about things and it never goes well... ever. It usually ends up very bad, but it's hard to keep it in and hide it or try to will it away because it is always a reoccurring problem. ):

Old Posted 02-07-2011, 10:13 PM Reply With Quote  
In the Box
I'm sure you aren't burdening her. You shouldn't think like that. : (

Well, if it's a reoccurring problem, then you really need to have a.. how to say.. 'heart to heart'. Complete honesty. While it might have turned badly before, maybe you just need to let the person understand how bad/important it is.

I can't promise anything, but hopefully this will help.

Long, long hiatus.
Old Posted 02-07-2011, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Fizzy's Cuppycake <3
Default   #7  
It may be too late but I'd like to state something. There's no such thing as a perfect conversation. What I mean is, anything worth saying to somebody that's important enough to make you feel this way is worth saying honestly. No matter how much it might scare you to death to say something this important on your mind, you should do it. There is always a consequence for the things we say and do, both positive and negative. I'm sure the people here, where some may not know you at all like myself, as well as the people who know you closly, we are always at reserve. Here for you. Don't sweat it. May not have helped but this was worth my time and it should be said regardless of what someone would think otherwise.
Old Posted 02-08-2011, 12:19 AM Reply With Quote