Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default   #17  
I used to be depressed during middle school, I trained my self up to high school and it works! Every time you have a thought of suicide just think away from it, it works trust me. Don't take it for granted, hit yourself (not abusively but like a small smack) or pinch yourself. I pinch myself at negative thoughts because.. Well I don't want to pinch myself, so saving myself from myself is a good plan 8D.

Don't think negative on others, why am I saying others rather then yourself. Because by complaining about or he did this, or she did that actually can lead you to become depressed later on. You build yourself on others then you hate on yourself. SO STOP IT YOU BIG MEANIE!

Don't be alone, be around friends who don't complain much and are just looking for a good time. Don't have friends? Build up the courage to make some, find people who are in small clubs around the community trust me if you find a group of people who do fundraisers or something good along those lines you could have a great time setting things up and feel great about yourself after raising money.

And finally go find a job, right now my goal is to get a job during spring. I'm going to try and send at least 5 job applications till the begining of spring, try and do the same. Find 5 places close by, choose jobs you feel comfortable working at.

... Hopefully that helps D=

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 06:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Banned
*points to Illusion's post* Interesting coping method for cognitive distortions. I can't chase thoughts away myself but I try
Old Posted 02-08-2011, 07:00 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letiel View Post
*points to Illusion's post* Interesting coping method for cognitive distortions. I can't chase thoughts away myself but I try
:P Coping with bad thoughts can be hard, I'm not great at it but it works.

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 07:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Neopet Addict
Coping is one thing, but I refuse to harm myself over something that I can't help feeling.

I already know to find a job. That's what frustrates me, I want to work but can't get the work.

Bleh. Doesn't help I want to get pregnant and be a mother. I was born maternal and want a baby, doesn't help the sads.

Come in and have a chat. Featuring out own blog!!
Old Posted 02-09-2011, 03:53 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #21  
❧ ❤ ✸ ❤ ❖ ✬ ❖ ❃ ❖ ✬ ❖ ❤ ✸ ❤ ❧

I have OCD and 3 anxiety disorders and recently became depressed again. I know what the trigger was and ever since that day I can't stop being sad, enjoy staring at a wall. >.> All the fun stuff of being depressed. I've had depression problems ever since I became a teen and then I got post partum depression I had to deal with alone and no medication even though I had thoughts of killing my kids. ; ; Therapist thought it was a good idea to call child services on me even though I never hurt them and I did everything right.

I have 2 more months to wait before I can go in for meds again. I'm already taking 3 for my problems and I want to go on depression meds. I have a child I have to take care of and when my depression kicks in for a day I just lay there passing out all day while he is stuck taking care of himself. Luckily he is 12, but still not a good thing a parent does. I have heard alot that depression medication makes people change alot, in the way that they aren't themselves anymore and I'm not sure what to do or say about that. I hope it doesn't do that to me. The only thing I have left in my life is cross stitching, nothing else interests me anymore. Even though I want to write alot, that no longer is a desire of mine. Something I'm trying to fix.

I wished I knew what to say to everyone how is feeling not themselves by being on meds. I really think that no mental disorders should happen to anyone. I hate them. Nothing good ever comes of it. And if there are disorders, all meds should work for people and no make them feel blah because of them. ; ; I understand how you feel Jenny and I really wished I knew what to say that could help you and make things all better for you. No one should suffer like you do or anyone else who has posted here. *hugs and hot cocoa for all*

I hope something works for you. I really do, what that is, I so wished I knew. *hands over kitty* I know my doctor suggested that I get a cat for my problems but I already had 4 when I first saw him, so he said that was a good thing. I guess cats help lower stress and help you with like depression. I know mine do. Especially on cat crack days ~_~ And when I hold one of them it makes me content when my depression kicks in. I just wished it wouldn't. I already lost alot of things in my life that I enjoyed doing because of my stupid problem, I really don't want to lose more. *slaps problems*

*hugs*

❧ ❤ ✸ ❤ ❖ ✬ ❖ ❃ ❖ ✬ ❖ ❤ ✸ ❤ ❧
Old Posted 02-09-2011, 04:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Neopet Addict
You see people say that the meds help. Yes they do but they make me a different person, someone that I don't want to be. I'm bubbly and happy most of the time but on the meds I am subdued and just fade away.

I'm getting better, I just need to keep my mind occupied. That's why the internet helps. It keeps me happy.

I have taken back up reading manga, and writing stories on paper. But sometimes I feel a little pressured to do something constructive when I just want to play games or do nothing.

Old Posted 02-10-2011, 07:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #23  
Yes, there's no denying that medications have side effects, and you have to weigh the benefits against the costs.

That said, not every medication for the same condition will have the same side effects, and if you feel that meds would help you, you might talk to your doctor about finding something else.
Old Posted 02-10-2011, 10:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Neopet Addict
I think I'm put off meds because I was given very very strong ones by doctors that couldn't even test for asthma right.

I don't want to change, I like being me. I think I'm so thought based that having my thoughts dulled by something chemical just upsets me.

Days are getting better, I still worry about money and had a spazz out because I burn some syrup tarts last night. But a user on Trisphee made me smile last night.

I'm even more worried about money because I have just enough for this Expo that is coming up, and that entails getting my mother a present for her Birthday while there. I panic because I have seen no sign of a job for me and I'm so worried. I think that is what sets me off. Then the world seems like it's ending.

I haven't had that many suicidal thoughts. I get my curiosities about what would happen if I did so and so, which would kill me. But I don't want to die. I suppose that's an upside.

Old Posted 02-11-2011, 05:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #25  
There's some good news: The occasional thoughts about what it would be like to die are normal. Many healthy people have them from time to time, and it's not a sign of anything wrong.

Believe me, I know what you're saying about not wanting to have chemicals change who you are. I'm ADHD and the medication significantly improves my ability to get work done, but it makes me EVEN MORE BORING than I already am. Even so, I've been having enough cases in recent history where my ADHD has really been getting in my way that I'm considering starting meds again (once I can afford them) just so I don't lose whole days staring off into space.
Old Posted 02-11-2011, 10:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Xhenos Machina
I am bipolar(manic depressive). If there is anything that it has taught me is some people literally can't live without some form of medication to help them with it. I can't word it right but yeah.

Another thing it's taught me is that not all meds work for all people. If you feel your Psychiatrist/therapist isn't actively helping, look for a new one that will help better.

If you want to get over it, keep trying. There isn't much more I can say than that. I hope you get through it hon.
Old Posted 02-11-2011, 10:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Neopet Addict
Default   #27  
I think I get therapy from my friends. You know they say sadness breeds sadness? Well I have loads of friends that have problems and helping them with their problems sorts me out. XD

Old Posted 02-16-2011, 03:53 PM Reply With Quote