Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Snap!
Default [Issue no longer an issue]   #1  
Graduation is in 3 1/2 months.

I am now missing 4 credits due to failing Government by 3%, and 2 credits of Government is required to graduate.

I'm almost 20 years old. I dread walking down high school hallways. I've missed more school this year than any other. I feel like I'm wasting my time, because I'll just have to keep coming back the next year. I'll be graduating with 17 and 18 year olds. I should have graduated 2 years ago. My boyfriend will be done with college by the time I am able to graduate.
Yes, it's that hard for me to graduate high school apparently.

F my life.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Last edited by Ginger; 02-02-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old Posted 01-27-2011, 04:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
You can be a summer graduate! :D

I think I will be a bit short on credit too. I am pretty much the same age as you and having the same problem. I am missing a lot of classes myself. I don't know, there are so much distraction. I'm glad that it is not as hard as junior year though.

OMG! Your failing government too? O.o Me too. It is like...as much as I study it is not staying in my head. I don't know why, I suck when it come to history kind of thing.
Old Posted 01-27-2011, 04:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #3  
I also have to petition for 3 credits tomorrow since I've missed so much school.

English, Government, and an elective.

I took my Government final and got a C+ and that bumped my grade up to a 61%. A 64% and higher is passing. The problem is, is that I was caught cheating on an assignment. I never cheat, but I felt I had to do it in order to get a better grade. It was a 90 point "Constitution is Fun" assignment and I googled the answers, and the teacher found out. So he probably assumes I've been cheating the whole time when in reality, I haven't cheated since 10th grade, and that was a small assignment. I see everyone else cheating off everyone else all the time and they pass. I'm not proud of cheating, and I feel I don't deserve the credit anymore.

I feel 10 years older than I really am, and I probably look like it too. I am so sleep deprived. My whole body aches due to stress and packing. I'm moving by this weekend. I don't know where I'm going and that's even more stressful, on top of not being able to graduate and being another year behind in my life.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 01-27-2011, 04:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Well, I don't have much to say, but hey, if you ever need any help with the actual work in school...I can help. I managed to go from a failing grade to a C in three weeks. In Government.
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 01-27-2011, 04:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #5  
~shudder~ government... I hated that class, boring as freak @_@' I think for seniors it's easily the most easy class to fail if you don't still need a math credit... I hope you can manage ;-; But like panda said... there's summer?

'Tis a picture of Tokyo I took. ^^
I'm a girl.
I love Writing Tools, and KPop, and minty stuffs.
Old Posted 01-27-2011, 10:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Dark Bladesman
Don't stress. You're only 19. You still have a ton of time to get your act together. I was unable to enter college until 21, but that doesn't change the fact that I have everything planned out and will have a life by the time the majority of high school graduates actually know what their Major is going to be.

Think about that while you're in high school. Mentally map out (or even write out) your future plan. Are you going to college? If so, what's your Major? Think about careers you'd have fun with and pick a degree from that pool. Go after the thing you love and I guarantee you'll quickly make up for the high school mishap. The important thing is not to stress.
Cruelty is a matter of perspective.
Last edited by Lore; 01-28-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old Posted 01-27-2011, 11:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #7  
If I don't graduate when I'm supposed to this year, my boyfriend's mom isn't going to let me stay with her and I'll have to go to a shelter. I don't know what I'm going to do if that's the case.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 01-28-2011, 04:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Goddess Of Mercy

Don't feel bad. I'm 21, gonna be 22 in June, and I'm still 5 or 6 credits shy of graduating, plus 40 hours of community service. Things could always be worse, trust me. ><

R.i.P MoM ~ I Love You, Always
[♥] Nov.26.2010 [♥]
Old Posted 01-28-2011, 04:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Fydan Ela Yen
Default   #9  

Ginger~
Go for summer school, hun. <3

Old Posted 01-28-2011, 10:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Solved.

I passed Government. Explained my situation and the teacher understood, so he gave me a good employability grade. I am now living with my boyfriend's parents until I graduate and it's going alright.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 04:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #11  
hmm your schools all sound a lot harder than mine were. haha
my goverment class wasn't anything special and I'm surprised people actually failed the course.
we never had homework, no tests or anything like that.
we collected info from the computers at school, made posters, and had to do a little community work
Joined 2/1/11 ;D
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 07:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Fydan Ela Yen

Congrats Gingericious <33

Old Posted 02-02-2011, 08:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Default   #13  
Nice job Ginger~ I'm happy for ya ^_^
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 09:38 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
My sister graduated with me in 2009, and she was 20. She was 1 year and a half behind.

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 09:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #15  
Thank you to everyone for your support and encouragement <3
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 01:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Police Force
Good to hear your situation's looking up, Ginger.
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 03:12 AM Reply With Quote