Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Default   #17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Even better than water, drink tea -- real tea (black, green, white, oolong) is best but herbal teas and red tea (which is actually rooibos) are still good. The fluids well help promote a sense of having something in your stomach, and the caffeine in tea will further suppress your appetite making you less likely to eat extra snacks and more likely to keep your portions under control. If you subscribe to the theory that antioxidants are good for you (it's under debate in the scientific community) tea is pretty good on that front too.
...I-I think I'm in love with you.
Can't touch this.
Old Posted 12-13-2010, 06:30 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
eat meats with less fat, my uncle says the less the legs less the fat. So most better is to eat alot of meat that contains omega 3 fatty acids

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 12-13-2010, 08:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Default   #19  
Why I say fat because I am fat compare to other asian people, especially when I go to new year and stuff, everyone are so skinny and everyone keep calling me piggy. O.o

For other people i may seem medium and alright but whenever I go to a Cambodian house they always say how fat I am and that I totally need to loose weigh. I don't know what wrong with my people, whenever they see you they always talk about your weight. Now I find it funny, but still I want to have flat stomach and no man boob. :3

Thank you everyone for the tips and advices :D I will try to follow them.
Old Posted 12-13-2010, 08:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Aww. That's mean x_X

Yeah, I'd suggest drinking real tea, like Coda said. But be sure to not make a drastic reduction in consumption...having you body not be able to intake food is really bad (obviously).

Ooh but fish is good, even if it's a bit fatty.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-13-2010, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #21  
You don't want to go below around 1200 calories per day. Most people will lose weight at 1600 calories per day.
Old Posted 12-13-2010, 10:14 PM Reply With Quote  
nostalgic
I'm /too/ skinny. :|; My mom's always telling me that I should gain weight. D| Five feet four inches and a quarter. ; w; ;; And 99 lb.

It's not like I try to be skinny or anything, though. :s It just... happens. I don't even exercise. D| My health probably isn't all that great.

I generally don't worry about my weight, though. Even if I were a bit on the chubby side... ehh. o ~ o; I'm not sure I'd still do anything then. orz
Old Posted 12-13-2010, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Default   #23  
Quote:
You don't want to go below around 1200 calories per day. Most people will lose weight at 1600 calories per day.

I have been eating less than 1000 calories. D; For a while now, I thought 1,000 was the max per day. O.o Plus I don't have anything healthy to eat that's why I don't get much calories.
Old Posted 12-14-2010, 12:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Banned
Instead of driving, walk a couple blocks.
Old Posted 12-14-2010, 12:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #25  
You can use this to roughly calculate your RMR: http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

That's how many calories your body burns just by doing vital functions: heart beat, breathing, blinking, EXISTING. Eat anything less than that amount per day and you will lose weight.

Use this calculator to get a rough idea of how quickly you will lose weight if you eat x-amount of calories per day: http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

I'm 5'8'' and 115lbs. I used to be around 175lbs at one point. What you want to do is certainly achievable. Good luck to you!
Can't touch this.
Old Posted 12-14-2010, 12:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
NoLifeKing, that's so inspiring. :D I will check it out! ^ ^

Alexander, actually I walk home everyday from my school to my house which is 2 miles something. I just realize that I also need to eat healthy too, or else it is not going to work even if I do a lot of exercise. Because the exercise is only burning the calories when I can eat healthier and exercise to get in shape instead of catching up. :3 I read some stuff online and now I am full of hopes.
Old Posted 12-14-2010, 12:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Fydan Ela Yen
Default   #27  

Congrats on weight loss, Kingu <3
I lost 130lbs so far from 06-07. <3

Old Posted 12-14-2010, 12:58 PM Reply With Quote  
True story.

[Pictures deleted.]
Can't touch this.
Last edited by NoLifeKing; 12-15-2010 at 04:55 AM.
Old Posted 12-14-2010, 01:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Default   #29  
130lbs? That's a lot of weight
Old Posted 12-14-2010, 01:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee's Personal Doodlekin
I'd be content going back down to what my weight was before I had my son. I'm 175 now, and I was 140 then. If I can get to 130, I'd dance on clouds, but 140 will give me a happy dance.
Old Posted 12-14-2010, 02:13 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #31  
Quote:
Even better than water, drink tea -- real tea (black, green, white, oolong) is best but herbal teas and red tea (which is actually rooibos) are still good. The fluids well help promote a sense of having something in your stomach, and the caffeine in tea will further suppress your appetite making you less likely to eat extra snacks and more likely to keep your portions under control. If you subscribe to the theory that antioxidants are good for you (it's under debate in the scientific community) tea is pretty good on that front too.

If you feel like you need a snack, drink tea or water, and possibly chew some gum. That will reduce your calorie consumption while helping address the craving for food.

Also, you're going to have to force yourself to endure being hungry for the first couple weeks of a new diet. Your body will react to the reduced calorie intake by making you feel hungry -- this will pass in time but you're going to have to stick through it at the beginning.
Well said, I need to work on eating.. *gulp*
Vegetables....
DXXX

Old Posted 12-14-2010, 02:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Fydan Ela Yen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
130lbs? That's a lot of weight

I was nearly obese at 300...
So i went down to 170 then workout daily
at gym and be around 220... perfect. <3

Old Posted 12-14-2010, 04:38 PM Reply With Quote