Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Heavenly Angel
Default Seriously!?   #1  
How in the world do people break their phone screen?

I don't understand and never will...especially my mom, she always break her phone screen. My phone has been through a lot, dropped a zillion times, thrown across the room and who knows what else happened to it, but it's still in perfect condition.

SO yeah, like how do people manage to break phone screen...I just don't understand. I never had a broken phone screen in my life, and I had many phones!
Old Posted 10-06-2019, 01:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Luck of the draw, I think

quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Kitalpha is a face again! 8O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
hart is now a face again. rejoice.

if you read this you owe me one aurum
Old Posted 10-06-2019, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3  
Luck has a lot to do with it, yeah. It all depends on the angle it hits at and what it hits. (Having a protective case on the phone helps too.) Some phones have more durable screens than others, too.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-06-2019, 01:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
My phone is 3 years old. B] Hasn't a single crack, and I dropped that sucker off high places and more hard surfaces than my mom's stinkin' iPhone. -U- I pride myself in having a good shock-resistant phone cover and screen protector so that such things don't occur. My mom just picked a case that was close to her favorite color. :/ Her phone hasn't cracked yet, but the last time it cracked, she had to take it in for a $300 dollar repair. >-> She never wants to crack it again, so now she's careful of where she leaves her phone at all times. >w> heheh.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 10-06-2019, 02:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #5  
I think my protective screen cracked on my phone. It's not as obvious to see the crack until you look at my phone at a certain angle.
I just hope the actual screen didn't crack as well, and I'm afraid to find that out.
Old Posted 10-06-2019, 02:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i have a galaxy s5, dropped it on concrete once. the screen doesn't have any cracks on it, but it's been a bit glitchy ever since.

i'm either going to need to get it repaired or get a new phone and keep the galaxy s5 as a backup.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 10-06-2019, 10:42 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #7  
i've had the same phone type since the 00's and just rebuy refurbs on ebay when it is time for a new one(every 3-4 years as they are 2nd hand already)
i never break the screen even though i have put the occasional gouge in it

i think the above statements of luck and varying durability are on point
Old Posted 10-06-2019, 10:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
I once let my phone slip out of my pocket. Tried to switch songs but fumbled. The fall was short, but it landed on the corner onto a concrete walkway. Done. Shattered. Poof. This was after I had dropped the same phone out of a second story window onto a bush.
Probably the amount of times you drop your phones also counts toward the angle of the landing. My nokia phone broke after repeatedly being tossed, and that this is a wee brick.
Old Posted 10-06-2019, 12:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #9  
That's about what happened to the back glass of my current phone. Pulled it out of my pocket on a really dry day and my skin was too dry to grip the glass. It didn't fall very far and I even partially managed to slow its fall by catching it on my leg so it slid down instead of falling, but it caught the ground just right to make a big crack.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-06-2019, 12:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
newer phones aren't made to last. that's part of the problem in things.

Old Posted 10-06-2019, 02:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #11  
I mean there's really not a whole lot of point in BUILDING them to last. Most people are going to replace the phone in three years no matter what condition it's in, just because of software performance and new features.

Old Posted 10-06-2019, 03:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Ive never ever cracked a phone screen EVER.
I think it's because of the elaborate cases I usually use.

The one time my phone screen cracked was when I was using a faulty case (silicone and my bunny ripped it apart) and my mom was using my phone because of my rewards app for our favorite juice bar and it slipped out of the case and hit the ground at just the right angle to not only crack my screen, but also bend the top of it backwards.

I took it to be repaired that day but they said they couldn't fix it. I was given a new phone with more data, I think. But it sucked ass.

I still had a iphone SE and the Apple store thankfully had one last extra one in back that I could be given.
Now I bought three new cases. Again, elaborate ones. Two are silicone and one is literally just a teddy bear with a hole in it to fit a phone. So if anyone drops my teddy bear phone, it'll probably just bounce.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 10-06-2019, 04:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I mean there's really not a whole lot of point in BUILDING them to last. Most people are going to replace the phone in three years no matter what condition it's in, just because of software performance and new features.
if it's not broken, don't fix it. i think i've had my phone for quite some time.

Old Posted 10-06-2019, 06:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
My phone (previous to the break) lasted a good three years.
I'm not ever replacing it.

I like the new iPhones but I don't think I want one...
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 10-06-2019, 08:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #15  
there's this planned obsolescence bullshite, which is utterly stupid in general, y'know?

Old Posted 10-07-2019, 11:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
It's not so much planned obsolescence in this case as expected obsolescence. They're not TRYING to make it fail after a certain amount of time.

Old Posted 10-07-2019, 07:49 PM Reply With Quote