Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Am Tam
Default   #17  
Because Deherree put that there to brain her brother Sparta for trying to sneak into her room. You just happened to have come through the window instead of the door.

Why is that giant two headed cobra sitting there on the treasure by the throne?
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 04:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam I am View Post
Because Deherree put that there to brain her brother Sparta for trying to sneak into her room. You just happened to have come through the window instead of the door.
This is still saying that it was meant to be a trap.

Personally I would have said that it was a giant's forge supply closet. Of course he's going to want his anvil when he gets there!

The cobra isn't native; it moved in later. The pile of treasure is so magical that it's tangibly warm to the touch, which makes it a perfect place for a snake to curl up for a nap. Why did you have to go and disturb the poor thing?

Why do you have to pass through a series of giant pistons to get through this corridor?
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 04:55 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #19  
Because you're walking through an engine, dummy.

(I should have put more explain in. It's not a trap! She's trying to get her brother's brain to work! Also, they're fifty foot tall Transformers)

Why is this floor zero friction... and ending in front of a pool of boiling water?
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Last edited by Tam I am; 08-05-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 05:02 PM Reply With Quote  
The Magic Number
Congratulations, you have stumbled across the very first industrial kitchen for serving lunch to all assembly line workers in the kingdom's brand new factory at once. Now get the heck out of my soup!

Why is there a tarrasque in a hot air balloon flying around the north tower?
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 06:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #21  
It's part of the magical space program. Tarrasques are huge, so anything that can float one of them around HAS to be good at flying! (Sadly, they haven't yet figured out that hot air balloons don't work in space.)

Why is there a knockout gas vent in the ceiling?

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 07:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Originally it was just a room to help insomniacs sleep, but the beds have since crumbled to dust.

What's the point of all the pits with sharp spikes in them?

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 08:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #23  
They built the hallways over a natural cave. Those aren't spikes, they're stalagmites, and the tiles and support broke years ago.

Why is there grease all over the floor?!
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 09:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
It used to be a kitchen until someone spilled a 100 gallon jug of cooking oil. They tried to clean it up but there was just too much and the cleaning solution bonded it to the floor.

Why are the doorknobs wired to electrocute anyone who touches them?

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #25  
To wake up sleepwalkers, so they're safe.

What's with the horizontal ropes that suddenly flip toward the ceiling?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
(I'm not quite sure what you're describing, so I'm taking my best guess.)

It's an agility training room. Like a cross between a jump rope and an obstacle course, soldiers were expected to learn how to navigate through the room, jumping over or ducking under the ropes. If they failed, they got flung back to the beginning to try again.

Why did they point a disintegrator beam at the front door?

Old Posted 08-05-2017, 09:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #27  
They didn't mean to, but the transport dolly broke and they haven't fixed it or replaced it just yet. They were meaning to aim it at the pile of rubbish that couldn't be composted or recycled, so they could reduce their waste into ash and use that as fertilizer for the vegetable garden.

Why are there tripwires in this part of the forest?

Quote:
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 09:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
They're connected to doorbells in the gnome village. They always love to meet new people and want to know when they're coming.

Why does a skeleton jump out of that chest and bite you?

Old Posted 08-05-2017, 10:00 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #29  
Because he's playing tag, but his arms fell off.

Why is the floor crumbling?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
*To Coda's* Because the poor dear has PTSD and sleeps in the chest because he feels safe there. You woke him up unexpectedly. His only defense is to bite, because he has no weapons with him.

*To Tam's* Because the workmen were from a sketchy floor repair service and they used the cheapest materials they could when fixing the floor for the king.

Why does this rickety bridge with missing planks go over a lava lake?

Quote:
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 10:04 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #31  
That's not a bridge. It's the diving board. And that's a hot tub for stone people.

Why did that little pointy eared brown guy just hit you in the face with that pouch?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 10:07 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Because it was supposed to be a mechanical doll that offered the pouch to people to put mail in. It was also supposed to deliver that mail to the nearest post office. Shame it became violent after malfunctioning.

Why does the door behind you lock you into a burning hot chamber once you enter?

Old Posted 08-05-2017, 11:38 PM Reply With Quote