Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dragon Storm
Default Standing Rock   #1  
Okay, for those of you unaware, for months the company Energy Transfer has been under protest and civil unrest for building a crude oil pipeline across easements, a public drinking water supply, and Lakota/Dakota Tribal Land.

Police for a month have been restricting medical aid, clothing, and food/water. (And this is North Dakota in the Winter - temperatures are in the low 20's Fahrenheit (-5 Celsius).

Over the last day or two, the Police have begun using anti-protest tactics: water cannons (in below freezing temperatures), pepper spray, rubber bullets, concussion grenades, etc. This has resulted in many injuries.

If you can, this Thanksgiving keep the Standing Rock Lakota and Dakota tribes in your prayers, and support them. They are not wealthy, but they are good and strong people.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Last edited by Lawtan; 11-23-2016 at 12:50 PM.
Old Posted 11-23-2016, 12:44 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
This is a very serious issue.
These people count as their own sovereign nation and the government is attacking them for what reason other then petty oil disputes? IN OUR OWN COUNTRY! ON THEIR OWN LAND!
I'm blown away. I've had a few people unfriend me for sharing videos and news about it.
I have so much to say on this subject yet nothing at all because I come to a loss of words in angry about everything.
and what about that woman who was hit with a grenade? She's had to have her arm amputated because she was trying to protect the waters! There is in no way that use of force was acceptable!
And jailing people is ridiculous too!
-throws hands in air- I'm just at a loss on why this is even happening. It should be a no brainer. .-.

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 11-26-2016, 03:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #3  
It's just... ridiculous =T how they can get away with it. I wish more 'important' people were supporting the cause, to bring to light. Since natives lives don't seem to be priority there.
Old Posted 11-28-2016, 01:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
The legality is that the government sets up projects on border reservation land, then claims the easement and is not liable for the health or environmental damages, thanks to loopholes and reinterpretation of the treaties. That is a way to take all the land...
They've done it twice before with water dams & logging.

(The treaties are somewhat inhumane to begin with)
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Last edited by Lawtan; 11-28-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Old Posted 11-28-2016, 08:44 AM Reply With Quote