Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

isn't that funny
Default arrrrrg it's a pirate!   #1  
so, i have a situation. my version of mediaplayer is crap, like serious crap and it keeps saying many of my wma files are not 'valid' and when i try to update them and validate them it errors out. this is a known issue

here is my dilemma, i own the cds my music came from but i have no machine that can play cds outside of a reeeaaaallly old boombox with no power cord and an 11 year old mac with no ripping software so to get my music i have to either download itunes/bandcamp/soundcloud and buy each song i already own again or pirate them off the internet like a criminal >x>;;; as someone who does not have the money to rebuy music i already bought once and as i dont want some invasive program stealing my information(well, legally i have to agree to let it be taken) i am inherently against that idea, on the other hand i also feel like a real creep over the idea of using a sketchy stealing site to get the music as well even though i technically paid for the music via cd purchase(and my mom, she bought all the SoD and most of the weird al)

i don't know what to do here. i have music i cannot listen to and either way to get that music back in a state i can listen to it(mp3) is terrible, what would you lot do?
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 01:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
That Mac has a cd drive, right? Last I checked, iTunes can rip CDs. And I'm sure there's other mac programs that would do it. 11 years is kind of old, but that was within the times where CD roping was very relevant, so it should definitely be able to in some capacity.
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 09:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #3  
Yeah, you can take music from CDs and put it on iTunes freely, as Tohopekaliga says. Every time my dad buys a cd, I'll borrow it for a few minutes to do that. All songs are automatically checked when you put it on, if there are some you don't like, just uncheck them and let it go.
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 10:52 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
the mac has no software of any sort that can rip music. there is a cd drive but it has not beed used since i was in highschool and basically just has the stuff on it to work the scanner and kind of run a really super slow internet. there is nothing on it for music

if i did get itunes i would not be able to put it on the mac it would have to go on one of the laptops none of which has a cd drive
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 11:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #5  
https://www.amazon.com/DLPIN%C2%AE-U..._1292112011_12

What about something like that???

Old Posted 10-27-2016, 11:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Is installing software on the Mac not an option?
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 11:49 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #7  
totally not XD it would crash so hard and so oftern just trying to get hella old small games running on to it to the point where my mother in law had to get a laptop just to play these sorts of things;
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=...611-A3.jpg&f=1

it's pretty much only used for the printer/scanner and doing checkbook balancing XD

i actually have tried portables before when i first got this laptop, i had just gotten mandatory fun and wanted to rip it but there is something screwy with the lag and it slowed down to the point of unplayability, i got the cd ripped and i kinda got sims installed then i gave right the fuck up and sent it back X''D i ended up having to to ask a friend to rip my verruca salt and brought it over with usb(apparently though that does not work as my media player thinks those are not valid either and they are still going. sadly microsoft has no interest in fixing the win7 mediaplayer and just suggests getting a newer one)
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 12:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Have you tried downloading a different media player? VLC for instance?
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 02:29 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #9  
i've considered it but i have trust issues wth those things, i also have a lot of patches to make this win7 compatible with xp programs and it's physically designed for win9 hardware wise XD

i could try it but i am not sure how well it would work
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 08:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
VLC should work without issues.
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 09:17 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #11  
i talked to my fiance and we are gonna go with the vlc option, if it works i will have a lot of my old music back<3
Old Posted 11-11-2016, 01:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Woo! Good luck!
Old Posted 11-11-2016, 01:36 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #13  
yes, and if i have jerry-rigged too much then i am back to where i was before XD

my motherinlaw also suggested i go through all of her old cds then whatever media-player does not accuse of being invalid or lacking in codex i get to keep XD
Old Posted 11-11-2016, 01:40 AM Reply With Quote