Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Psych
Default   #33  
Customs kind of feels like an excuse. So does padding making it heavy and more expensive. I get it, not knocking anyone saying so, but I don't see why a little extra care isn't hard.

I'm still upset about her, I had my sister put her away in her room so I don't have to look at her. I've considered reordering, but I don't want another bad experience, and I really hate the idea of messaging every seller to find someone willing to ship with care.
Old Posted 10-15-2016, 03:34 PM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Well, could you repair her, and/or sell her to someone who repairs them? You might get an even trade, or a step-up trade. I know a couple of people who have done that with poorly-shipped products. Mostly appliances, but there's got to be a market for other things like that.
Old Posted 10-15-2016, 08:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #35  
I've never heard of anything like that, but it's pretty neat to know. There's no fixing her box.
Old Posted 10-15-2016, 09:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konzern View Post
I kind of want to see that. I kind of have an idea in my head, a pretty much crumpled, accordioned box, but how is that even possible?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I get the description. It's more like a overstuffed bag made of paper than a box at that point, because the corrugation got crushed and so the cardboard lost its stiffness.
Basically that. It was...pretty pathetic to behold, to be quite honest. Hilarious in hindsight, but not so amusing at the time.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-20-2016, 12:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #37  
You know, you could argue why don't post office workers (or whatever company is delivering and all that) take enough pride in their work to ensure it gets their safely...

I mean, I've had stuff like Magic the Gathering cards...they put it in a cheapo protector and just send it like a letter....and I get it without the envelope even being torn....which when one came late, it surprised me that it wasn't damaged.

Anyway, depending on what damaged your order....packaging may not have saved it anyway.
Old Posted 10-22-2016, 01:35 AM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
My brother bought some truck parts not too long ago that came in some really weak packaging. So weak that the parts actually ripped out of the packaging itself. When it arrived to our house, there was a bag inside with a note from the post office saying 'Delivered with no content' and a giant hole within the packaging. -w- Luckily, the place that my brother ordered from understood and were really kind. They ended up sending him another order free-next day shipping in better packaging.
Old Posted 10-22-2016, 03:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #39  
I bought expensive perfume once via mail. Never again! It arrived in glass shards and an out of this world scent. At least my mail smelled good, lol.
Last edited by lovelacedroses; 11-24-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old Posted 10-24-2016, 05:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
It's actually ILLEGAL to ship glass containers full of liquids through the US mail. If someone did that instead of shipping UPS/FedEx Ground, then they did something they shouldn't have.

If they sent it UPS Ground or FedEx Ground, then there should have been insurance on the shipment and you could file a claim for reimbursement.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-24-2016, 07:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #41  
I was 18 at the time so my memory is a little fuzzy. I can't believe I'm saying that at age 20, lol! I just remember a box with like no protection whatsoever and a thank you for your business letter (which got soaked). Now that I think about it, it was some Europe mail thingy. Italy or France, me thinks.

There is a bright side, though. It taught me a valuable lesson of letting go of addictions to rare perfumes. I contacted the company for a refund but they ignored it. I let it go in the end.
Last edited by lovelacedroses; 11-24-2016 at 06:43 PM.
Old Posted 10-26-2016, 02:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Oh, I've seen articles on postal, and shipping, workers who have stated they don't really pay attention to boxes and just stack things upon things without even looking. Yes, you can blame them, and I had another seller this year do just that, but the post office wasn't the ones putting something in too small an envelope. And no, I'm not throwing blame at sellers entirely, because the post office is also responsible.

But bubble wrap would have kept her safe. The box she was sent in was crushed on the side, clearly something was placed on it, but since she was wrapped in thin paper and nothing else, she got crushed too.

With all the mess I've had this year, I'm already ordering Christmas presents to make SURE they get here in time AND safely.
Old Posted 10-26-2016, 04:40 PM Reply With Quote  
-
Default   #43  
All our stuff from amazon usually comes nicely shipped in boxes and not damaged.
Although this one time at work, the muffin box was dented and all the muffins inside were squished. Hence, when I go shopping I pick out the undamaged boxes.
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 10-26-2016, 09:16 PM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
This exact thing is why my boyfriend refuses to order Lego online. He does open the boxes sometimes but he absolutely hates having a damaged, squished box.
They/them is (are?) my preferred pronoun(s?)
Old Posted 11-01-2016, 03:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #45  
I always take great care when packaging things to send as I would hate the idea of I've make turning up broken or damaged as I hate it when things arrive poorly packaged.

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 11-01-2016, 04:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
I do most of my purchasing online, because a lot of things I want aren't available in our area or I import it. Maybe this year has just been a sucktastic one, and maybe next year will be better. I'm not even buying myself a birthday present this year.

Most of my dolls I can find on the shelves, but some online exclusives I just pass on. Last time I ordered from a store we don't have here, it arrived pretty darn damaged, so no dolls online unless I've bought or traded from them before.

I guess I need to buy from you, Awen!
Old Posted 11-01-2016, 11:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #47  
Awww, that's sweet of you Konzern ^_^ I'm much the same about buying most things online. I don't get out much because of my anxiety so most things I buy come via mail. It's either through that or the fact I'm buying something that can't be bought in this country like kimono and accessories for wearing them. The Japanese are masters of packaging things properly and beautifully ^_^

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 11-01-2016, 02:06 PM Reply With Quote