Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Psych
Default Why do people not care about their packaging?   #1  
I am so sick of this happening to me lately. I ordered something from Japan, worked really hard to get the gift cards for it because I couldn't afford it otherwise. Brand new in box, but it arrived in a damaged box. It was wrapped in a thin layer of paper, that was all between it and the mailing box. No bubble wrap, padding, air bags, nothing. So when the mail box got crushed, the packaged box got crushed, too.

If I'm paying nearly 70 dollars for something, heck, if I'm paying 5 dollars for something new in box, why does no one care to package it so it arrives safely? I keep my stuff new in box, I don't want to take it out, and I don't care what others do with their stuff, take it out if you want, that's neither here nor there, but I don't want to take it out of box. You can get six feet of bubble wrap for less than a dollar, blow up zipper bags yourself, but I'm seriously sitting here crying because I'm so pissed and upset.
Old Posted 09-27-2016, 03:11 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Hooo-boy. I'm waiting on mail right now, and that is my biggest fear. I've had so many things break in transport even with some nice padding, I'm going to be really upset if my next delivery is messed up because I want to store it in its original box.

Old Posted 09-27-2016, 05:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Bohemian Soul
Default   #3  
gah! i totally understand your irritation!

if my order is not clothing or something else soft and squishy...then i would expect it to be protected correctly. especially if you are paying that much cash monies. :(

call me 'kitty'

|| questing || all teh monies ||

|| pseudo-goth | rennie | geek ||

Old Posted 09-27-2016, 05:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
You would think so, right? If you're a business, especially if you're trying to start a new eBay or Amazon store, you would think that people would be considerate of how they pack something. I take good care in it. I would expect no less of others. It's not that expensive to get bubble wrap. Heck, I keep any bubble wrap I get as long as I don't tear it.
Old Posted 09-27-2016, 05:59 PM Reply With Quote  
a gender ghost.
Default   #5  
one time I ordered a card game for my dad for christmas, it was a limited edition version and it came in a fancy metal tin. When the thing arrived, the shrink wrap around the tin was torn and the metal was dented in several places, I was very disappointed. Luckily, I was able to return it. I just went into a game store and bought one off the shelf, I didn't trust Amazon to ship it after that nonsense.
♥ Lovely Teahouse ♥

tumblr | twitter
Old Posted 09-27-2016, 06:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
I can't really walk in to a store and buy this, I don't usually like to order online for this reason, but some things only come from Amazon or eBay. Amazon this year has been godawful, every order I had trouble with, and I've never had much trouble before.

I guess I'm going to have to start messaging people and asking how they plan to pack it.
Old Posted 09-27-2016, 08:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #7  
Amazon is GREAT about packing stuff when they fulfill orders themselves. But not everything sold through Amazon is shipped by Amazon. You learn to keep an eye out for that.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-27-2016, 08:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Amazon can be horrible about packing stuff. Like my drying rack for clothes? Dented as hell....no padding at all just in a box. I looked at the box and knew it was dented already. Amazon gave me a complete refund and let me keep the damaged thing to do what I will with it. I paid too much to get something that dented, you know?

But normally, they're pretty good.
Old Posted 09-27-2016, 08:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #9  
I know, there's no reason to pay out of your butt, or wherever your money comes from, to get something dented to hell and back.
Old Posted 09-27-2016, 09:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Amazon's A-Z guarantee program is good stuff, and all the more reason to go with fulfilled-by-Amazon purchases -- they DO make it right if your order isn't perfect.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-27-2016, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #11  
So, slightly tangential story:

My mom decided to send me a cardboard box full of winter clothes and whatnot, because I didn't have space to haul everything with me at the start of the semester (this was last year). She mails it over, and I'm just waiting on that package for quite a few weeks. Which is...odd, because normally, it should have arrived in a max of two weeks.

Around a month and a half later, I finally get an email from the uni mailroom announcing that I've a package to pick up, and I manage to loop in a friend of mine to help me carry it (I didn't know how heavy it was). So, I peer into the room, and realize that there...aren't any reasonably-sized cardboard boxes. Weird.

And then my friend pipes up, "Um. ...Is it the squishy one?"

Turns out, I have only vague ideas of what my box had been through, but whatever it was, it came out looking less like cardboard and more like a pillow. Fortunately, the majority of its contents were jackets.

Carrying it back up to my dorm was...a rather interesting experience.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-28-2016, 09:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
The one time I filed A-Z guarantee they still didn't settle in my favor, and I paid for a new 3DS XL, got a used one.

How does that even happen, Espy? Like how do you get this smooshed mess, which even though it was clothing, still really shouldn't have happened? I bet there was clothing everything on the way back.
Old Posted 09-28-2016, 10:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #13  
I have a friend who sells stickers, keyrings etc, and she says it's mostly to save money <.< she uses carton from beer packs, hahaha. I don't think any of her orders arrived damaged, but she said she might add a special package option to her stuff. I'll ask her about bubble wrap though, because she said all packaging items were expensive.
Old Posted 09-28-2016, 11:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
I kind of understand that, but if you're selling something, especially something expensive, wouldn't you want to pay a little more for padding or bubble wrap instead of having a pissed off customer? Not to mention you package it well and it doesn't arrive damaged, and you have more of what I want (or in some cases willing to make custom items), you can bet I'll come back. If my item winds up damaged, then I'm not coming back. I do appreciate an input from a seller, but I still don't get it.
Old Posted 09-28-2016, 12:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #15  
The "package pancake" I'd think would come from an object heavier than the package below it can handle being put on top of said package. Or, if you put 10 boxes of clothes on top of one another, the bottom one will collapse.

Hey, at least it wasn't a hungry Fed Ex or Customs employee deciding to eat all the food in a package. A person stole a box of homemade cookies I sent Lauv.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 09-28-2016, 01:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Customs inspectors in many places are super corrupt like that and they can get away with it. :/

Old Posted 09-28-2016, 01:54 PM Reply With Quote