Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

petite fantaisiste
Default   #17  
Haha, I more or less speak right onto the phone if I really have to talk to someone.

Since there's only one bathroom at home, sometimes I'll see the person talking move from the bathroom to the kitchen and back when other people need to use either the bathroom or the kitchen.
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 01:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
I just talk normally, and I guess I "normally" mumble? Idk. ;c

I wonder why they only go to those two places xD I tend to pace around everywhere on the phone, unless I'm in bed.
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 01:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #19  
I don't think I agree with the suggestion that introverts don't handle stimulants well. (Though I do handle alcohol just fine; my tolerance is ridiculously high.) I'm pretty heavily introverted, but caffeine is LIFE. WIth stimulants in my system I think more clearly and have a better tolerance for things the world throws at me. (I am a little more sensitive to annoying sounds, though.)
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 01:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Does caffeine make you feel energized?
I think me wording it "not handling it well" wasn't the best way, whoops. :P I wish I could word it the way my professor did, but I don't really remember the way he did. Sorry for my kind of crappy interpretation and wording.

I feel like I'm a hit or miss with annoying sounds.
I have crickets, since I have lizards, and they constantly chirp but I've practically drowned them out. When I'm trying to sleep, though, the slightest weird noise bothers me.
ex: the fan chains smacking against the light bulb protector thing
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 01:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #21  
I used to practically live on energy drinks and coffee when I was a teenager and it would have little to no effect on me, they were just another drink, but back then I was very much an extrovert.

However now I have to have decaf coffee and can't touch energy drinks without it making my chest hurt and getting dizzy. I am really introverted now, even online. I barely leave the house unless I really have to and get really wiped out when having to interact with people other than my partner and child...

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 05:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
I don't know what I am.

Tbh I am like a flower some days. Give me enough sunshine and I can be hyper and bouncy and all around happy.

I don't drink coffee, and I don't drink alcohol. The smell of coffee really makes me sick in the morning. I usually try to stay away from the office because my coworkers are addicted to it like it is another component of their blood.

I have been drinking V8 energy drinks and the effect varies. I used to be able to feel the boost and notice a difference when I had to work early shifts. Around my lunch time at 7 am it would help me get through the rest of the day. Now not so much. For the most part I drink tea. Its mostly to calm my nerves and get myself back to focusing on something instead of being stressed out about life. I don't know if that makes me an introvert or extrovert since that is the trait I tend to flip flop on when taking personality test XD.
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 08:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #23  
I don't know if I'd necessarily say it makes me feel "energized" but it works just fine for keeping me awake and combating fatigue.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 12:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Awen: I absolutely hate energy drinks. Most of them, if not all of them, taste disgusting and don't really do anything for me. I receive no benefit from drinking one xD
My SO is the only person I can hangout with constantly and not have to take a break from. You definitely sound like an introvert, now! How interesting that coffee has changed like that for you, though. Makes you wonder if what my prof says has some meaning.

Poggio: It really is more how you get your energy than how you act. If being around a lot of people tires you out and you need to be alone for a day or two after, than you're an introvert. If being around a lot of people gives you energy (vs being alone), than you're an extrovert. If anything, you could just be right on the border, like me. :)

Coda: Well then you're a total lucky ducky :P I wish I could drink coffee and not feel like total garbage afterwards. I still will drink it, though, cause its hella amazing.
Old Posted 06-26-2016, 06:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #25  
Good-quality coffee avoids a lot of the side effects. Cheap coffee will make you poo. Good coffee in moderation won't.

Old Posted 06-26-2016, 09:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Coda: What, seriously???????????????? I wish I had known that before. I definitely have to try some good quality coffee to see if its true! 8)
Old Posted 06-26-2016, 10:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #27  
McDonald's coffee makes me poo almost invariably, even after they switched to allegedly-better coffee than the even cheaper junk they used to sell. And I think there might be a qualitative difference between drip coffee and espresso-based drinks, because even in making my own coffee I've had different results between the two. It might also have something to do with how long the coffee is allowed to stand before being served. I can't say for sure but there seems to be a correlation.

Old Posted 06-26-2016, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I'm very introverted, but if you were to cut me, I'd bleed caffinated liquid. I'm also prone to migraines, and the caffeine helps alleviate that. I don't drink very often, but with hard liquor, it doesn't leave me hungover. Wine and beer do, though.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 06-27-2016, 04:21 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #29  
I actually normally never drink anything flavored. Actually, I normally never drink anything except water when I feel thirsty--or when I feel obligated to because I need it to live. The idea of drinking hot coffee, cold coffee, hot chocolate, or cold chocolate seems kind of foreign to me x'D
Old Posted 06-27-2016, 11:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
I'm very introverted, but if you were to cut me, I'd bleed caffinated liquid. I'm also prone to migraines, and the caffeine helps alleviate that. I don't drink very often, but with hard liquor, it doesn't leave me hungover. Wine and beer do, though.
That's because hangovers are based on dehydration, and wine and beer are weaker. You can drink those instead of drinking non-alcoholic drinks and not feel thirsty. Hard liquor doesn't feel like you're drinking liquids, so you're also drinking something else with it.

Old Posted 06-27-2016, 11:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Master of Shadows
Default   #31  
how do i wear the carnival noble blouse without my characters hands sticking out
Its Always Darkest Before The Dawn....
In The Dark Is Where I Lay, In The Shadows Is Where I Stay

He's one Smart Man
Old Posted 06-27-2016, 12:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Turn your base off and use the Adam parts from the shops to fill in any parts of your skin that DO need to be visible.

Old Posted 06-27-2016, 12:43 PM Reply With Quote