Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

More More Magic
Default Stagnation   #1  
There are so many things I want to do.

I have lists and lists. Books to read, crafts to do. Anime to watch. Movies to watch. Drawing I want to get better at. I want to learn to knit and crochet and I want to learn to do cake decorating. I want to work in a flower shop. I want to learn massage therapy and I want to be a yoga instructor.

It's all too much and instead..? I do nothing because i'm overwhelmed and can't decide.

Does this happen to anyone else? What do you do to get out of the rut?

Old Posted 03-18-2011, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
It happens to me all the time.
Unfortunately, I've not figured out a way to get out of it yet. :c
Hello. c:
Old Posted 03-18-2011, 10:56 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #3  
Lol, yeah, I have a crap load on my plate I need to handle.
I'm thinking just start small. What is something you can accomplish the earliest, what things take longer to do?

Start with something like... reading a book. Don't worry with how many books you have to read. Just worry about that particular book. Finish it. Then move on to the next task.

I would say just break things up into smaller goals and you're more likely to really keep going.
Old Posted 03-19-2011, 08:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
I'd agree with Sushi here, this is how I face my pile of games that I haven't played yet xD Granted games aren't quite as important but...personally I try to keep focused on one game until it's done, then move to the next one.
Old Posted 03-19-2011, 02:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
Default   #5  
had that happen before and I'm kind of in one a the moment...
depends on the situation to get me out of a rut... hmm but yesterday I was out of it for a while took a walk and had some fun since someone asked me to draw something for them...
rut though at the moment is from wanting to do things but I have homework I'd rather not work on... so is back and forth slowly working on it...
hmm maybe you should do something like a drawing or make something for someone, that or just pick one thing and make a list of what you want to do and try to follow it in order
shrugs, may help
Old Posted 03-20-2011, 03:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
I'm kind of there myself. I'm in the middle of moving, and also helping my family move to another state. And I've got a mess of things that I absolutely have to get done in the next two months, and I know that I won't be able to do them. I guess when it all gets too overwhelming, you just need to step back.

I like the idea of one step at a time. See the big picture, but then focus on one thing. Go for what seems like it'll be the easiest to finish, and then move on to the next.
Old Posted 03-20-2011, 03:49 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Default   #7  
Oh this happens to me a lot. I didn't really figure a way out until I was helping my friend get over his massive amount of work that he had to do for his Incomplete.

To him the work was a HUGE monster that he thought he couldn't handle, he thought it was just gonna eat him right up! But I told him to look at the monster a little closer, the huge monster was really a bunch of little monsters that connected to make up the huge one to scare would be hero's away. So, I told him that, if he could just concentrate on the little monsters he could through his work.

I've been using that since and it's been helping. :)

If you would like to see my awesome scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Blakey914

I may also have a tumblr...
http://spunky710.tumblr.com
If you follow me, drop me a message in my ask! ^_^
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 04:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I have lots I want to do, too.

I usually just peck at one item on my list a bit - like get an item on an avi site - and leave the books unread and the rest undone. v.v
Old Posted 03-31-2011, 11:39 AM Reply With Quote  
First Evil Ex-Gaian
Default   #9  
You more or less just described the past 11 months of my life.
Old Posted 03-31-2011, 11:49 AM Reply With Quote