Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #17  
I should acquire some honey, seems like.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-03-2019, 05:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Me too, Sick. Me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 02-03-2019, 11:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #19  
A little bit of ginger is good stuff for nausea, yeah, as long as you don't get too much of it and make yourself MORE nauseous from eating spicy food. I also like lightly carbonated drinks for nausea, since soft bubbling can help soothe an upset stomach and of course more liquid intake is always good.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-04-2019, 11:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
A little bit of ginger is good stuff for nausea, yeah, as long as you don't get too much of it and make yourself MORE nauseous from eating spicy food.
Right. Making ginger tea or something and adding something with it like a bit of honey to mellow the ginger is usually an good way. It's what helped me deal with chemotherapy, plus you get liquid intake and drinking warm drinks always soothes me. Of course, moderation is always key.

It's also a plecebo effect but I often breath deeply and chant in my head a mantra. It helps me calm my nerves or stomach. Like I said, that's plecebo but at least it helps either way. ; D
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 02-04-2019, 12:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #21  
That's not placebo at all. It's psychosomatic in origin, yes, but it's very much a real effect -- relaxing your body really does relieve pain and nausea, and meditative techniques can relax your body. It's concrete and scientifically measurable with a well-understood mechanism of action.

Your choice of mantra is a personal thing. There's not a specific mantra that works best for everyone, but that's a good thing, because it means you can tailor your meditation to what helps you instead of bashing your head against someone else's meditation that they swear up and down works even though it doesn't do a thing for you. At one point in my life I actually used "owa tagu siam" as a mantra.

If it starts working better because I told you it's not placebo... well, that part might be placebo. ;) But it's definitely real.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-04-2019, 12:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
I meditate quite a bit (but have not had the will lately) but I have always wondered how much of it is just plecebo but I guess I am actually helping myself and just doubting it's creditability.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 02-04-2019, 02:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #23  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
A little bit of ginger is good stuff for nausea, yeah, as long as you don't get too much of it and make yourself MORE nauseous from eating spicy food. I also like lightly carbonated drinks for nausea, since soft bubbling can help soothe an upset stomach and of course more liquid intake is always good.
I was thinking of sparkling water when you said "bubbling". I thought ginger was a soft thing, not a bit spicy. Oh! Now "ginger Ale" makes so much sense now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock Shamus View Post
I meditate quite a bit (but have not had the will lately) but I have always wondered how much of it is just plecebo but I guess I am actually helping myself and just doubting it's creditability.
I don't meditate, but I hear it is supposed to help. I just need the discipline for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 02-04-2019, 10:36 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
cough, fever, illness, runny nose, sneeze