Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Am Tam
Default   #321  
My second favourite chickpea food also comes from Persian Empire Pastries. It's these tiny adorable cookies. They're very soothing when my guts get in a rage.

Actually, lavashak even has a little bit of citric acid added to make it more tart. :D

I do tooooo, but it usually doesn't love me. My main employer gives herself fits trying to cook for me, because of course you can't NOT feed your friends. XD

Gotcha. I don't really taste fish when I eat the seaweed. I taste the salt and the oil. But then my favourite fishes are salmon and pickerel. I guess they taste different.

I love noodles of any kind. IIRR, the udon noodles don't like me. :/ Even when I get the gluten free kind.

Oh right! This was just the beginning of a correspondence, wasn't it?
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-20-2022, 08:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Oooh, chickpea cookies? Interesting! I need to cook more.

Awww, it's gotta be tough to cook for people with a lot of restrictions, but I love that she tries. <3

Yeah, I might give the seaweed another shot tonight and see if I can appreciate the taste more. It's definitely a unique flavor that I just don't have much experience with outside of vegetarian sushi about once a year so...

Awww. There must be something else in the udon that causes the issues. I wonder what it could be. But noodles in general are good.

Hehehe....yep! I already have the next box packed up, though if something I saw at Joann is still there next week, I may have one more minor addition before I send the next box of yarn.
I'd add snacks, but idk what you could have or would want. I think 90% of the reviews of American snack foods I've seen, most people agree that our snacks are kinda garbage. Lol.
Old Posted 01-21-2022, 03:47 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #323  
Yes! They're something like good soft shortbread. They literally melt. The baker says they're hard to make, but they're so nice, and have saved me from IBS attacks so many times. The baker even keeps some in his fridge at the market for me, so I have them if I get sick when I'm there.

Me too. The lady is a wonderful cook!

Make yourself some rice, add a tiny bit of vinegar or pickle juice, and then eat it with the seaweed? I can remember being daunted by new flavours, but now I'm kind of a garbage can that will eat anything that I can get away with.

Yeah, I've wondered if it's the preserving agent, or just the stuff it's made from. But yes. Noodles are soooo lovely. :D XD What's Derpy think of noodles?

Ohh, should I feel apprehensive?
Wow. I'll have to bring that fact up the next time someone tries spouting off at me that the USA is better than Canada in every way. XD

That big green ball of yarn you sent me (minty pale colour) looks like it's going to be a herd of baby mushroom sprites and several troll garments. The green and purple yarn is becoming a cat for a young girl who just lost her grown brother.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-21-2022, 03:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
I think 90% of the reviews of American snack foods I've seen, most people agree that our snacks are kinda garbage. Lol.
I mean, they're not wrong.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 01-23-2022, 07:19 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #325  
I liked that peanut thing Den sent me once, but now peanuts make me sick.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-23-2022, 02:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
peanuts get stuck between the teeth I'm missing and the ones I have left, so I really don't enjoy them anymore.

Quote:
Old Posted 01-25-2022, 07:50 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #327  
Awww. Yeah, they make my lower intestine feel like it's been skinned alive. And give me hives.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-25-2022, 09:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
That sounds like an allergy, tbph

Quote:
Old Posted 01-27-2022, 10:40 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #329  
Yeah, my immune system's weird.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-28-2022, 09:47 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I don't eat peanuts often, they're alright but I prefer them as peanut butter ;w; I just like other nuts as a snack more than peanuts

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 01-30-2022, 05:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #331  
chocolate coated peanuts are fucking delicis
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 02-05-2022, 08:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBeary View Post
I don't eat peanuts often, they're alright but I prefer them as peanut butter ;w; I just like other nuts as a snack more than peanuts
This is basically me too. Though I generally don't snack on nuts at all. Except occasionally on road trips.
Old Posted 02-07-2022, 11:09 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #333  
For me, some dry roasted chickpeas make a quick "shut up belly, I'm busy!" meal. LOL

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09RRW6WW1

The book I was on the launch team for. I get a signed paperback copy for payment.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 02-07-2022, 10:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I need to get my kitchen cleaned up soon and make a whole bunch of stuff. Roasted chickpeas included.

Gotta start making and sticking to some after work task lists. Nothing too big, just like 3 or 4 things to accomplish in the 4 hours between getting home and going to bed.
XP
Update: am starting my task lists nothing big just like 1 thing I should be doing nightly (scooping the litter boxes tbh...don't think I let them go for weeks or anything I just let depression win too often and sometimes skip them for a day or two, which I'm working to be better about not doing) and then 2 other small tasks like a quick load of laundry in my bathtub (my clothes don't get too bad so I can usually just do small loads of them in my bathroom just for my weekly use) or taking out yhe trash or painting my nails, etc.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 02-09-2022 at 04:52 PM.
Old Posted 02-09-2022, 02:08 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #335  
Youcandoit, Kaderin!

...Says the woman who's usually half asleep by eight o'clock, but won't stay asleep if I go to bed then. And whose floor is covered in heaps of stuff.

Oh, Custard's waving hi to Derpy and co. She got a little visit out of the packing box today.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 02-10-2022, 12:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Almost immediately forgot my mini to do list last night in favor of reading. XP
But did do it.
It can definitely be a challenge to get and stay motivated to do cleaning.

Awww hi Custard! Derpy says hi too and sends hugs!
Old Posted 02-10-2022, 04:52 PM Reply With Quote