Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Silent Scream
Default The bad habit.   #1  
Alright, so as we all know, smoking is a bad habit. A really really bad one. The top one bad habit, other than excessive alcohol intake at a regular basis.
I have started smoking again. I smoked before, when I was 16 until I was 17 and suddenly stopped. So for about 3 years, I was smoke free until about two months ago. (not smoking at the moment because the bf doesn't like it). I remembered the feeling of smoking; it usually calms my senses down. I would get this numbing feeling along my fingers and my head would feel light and I'd just sit around at home and think then slowly doze off.
Now that I'm smoking again, that feeling is so good. Especially now that I'm stressed with work and personal troubles. When I was a teen, I'd smoke one or two in a day, but not everyday. However, recently I have this urge to smoke 4-5 sticks a day and want to do it everyday.
If you want to know what I smoke, I only smoke flavored ones or special ones. I'm not a fan of marlboro and it's fellow manly regular flavor. I smoked Gudang Garam (the yellow colored one, forgot the flavor, but damn it was so sweet and soothing).
And currently, smoking this one:

Yep, it's vanilla mint. It's not that sweet and as soothing as Gudang Garam (the yellow one) which has 5% marijuana in it, well all gudangs have 5% mj in it. But this black bat vanilla mint smoke is so minty, it actually clears my throat and sinus. Weird huh? a cause of a variety of respiratory diseases actually clears the air ways. Kinda makes me laugh.
Anyways, I'm planning on only smoking this kind of cigarette brand and specifically this flavor.

~~~
Also, I don't smoke in public where people can see me. I hate doing that, I respect others for not smoking at all so I won't ruin their lungs by me smoking. I also think that it's kinda a private thing, the smoking that is, because my main reason why I smoke is to calm myself down so that I could get a good sleep or just chill.

~~~
People who have seen me and finds out that I smoke are quite shocked that I smoke. For one, they think I only eat to relieve stress and they think I'm a goody-two shoes. Then their opinions on me change once they find out. It kinda pisses me off because a stick alone changes these people's opinion on your personality thinking that you're a different person, you remain the same, you just smoke.

~~~
I posted this here to know what your idea is on smoking and if you have suggestions on how to stop this urge, then you're more than welcome to post.

and please, if you're just gunna start flaming, better not post. We have trisphee to's.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 12:32 AM Reply With Quote  
My Law is Marshall
Hehe you liar you are to smoking just a lot less because you get in trouble for it. It really is a bad habit though, and I find it rather nasty. As long as you're not doing it to often, and not inside the house though I can ignore it a bit. I know it calms you down, and you mainly do it when you're upset but you have been doing it a lot lately. I would prefer if you would come to me for help, or to be calmed down but I can't in all consciousness demand that you not do it if this helps you so much. I really don't like it though, so please maybe we both can help you quit.

Battle Record: 16 W 2 L 14 Total
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 12:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #3  
hehe, yeah, I do get in trouble for it. Thanks for being there to talk to when I'm upset with lots of things.
And I do hope I can lower the urge of smoking 5 sticks xD; Despite my want to smoke this good thing xD I don't want to die early.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote  
My Law is Marshall
Mhmm, and I'm sure you don't want a certain someone getting lung cancer because you decided second hand smoke was okay. Hehe not that you would purposely smoke around anyone.

I'll be here to help though, and I know you want to smoke but I can't allow you to do so.

Old Posted 06-13-2012, 01:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #5  
Honestly my opinion on smoking is very biased as my nose and lungs absolutely cannot stand it, and once my nose even picks up a microscopic whiff of cigarette smoke my body will start trying to shut down in order to keep it out of my system. And with my heightened senses, I can usually pick it up fairly quickly if it's within the general vicinity of me. *nodnod*

It's gotten to the point were I have to inconspicuously plug up my nose and filter out what my mouth breathes in when I'm in public and see people smoking. >.<

Sometimes I wonder if I'm allergic to the smoke or not, but then figure I'm not since i don't get any allergic reactions from it.

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 01:20 AM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Totally off topic.

I want a pack of those. You're smoking me!
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 01:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #7  
@batty: OMG. Yes. I am smoking you. XD I didn't notice that.

@Sharkie: You know well I won't do that xD and I need your permission always anyways.

@Arikana: well, when I was a kid I hated the whole act of smoking and swore not to smoke, but meh. Promises are broken.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 01:26 AM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
I didn't read the whole post, but, I can't really be any help on this subject. mostly, because I'm a smoker myself. I don't plan to quit, seeing as I enjoy it as not only a hobby, but as a stress reliever myself.. I'm a pretty heavy smoker, too. And I'm not ashamed to say it.

But I'm a considerate smoker. If theres someone around me, who doesn't like it, I either won't light up, or I'll walk a good 15 feet away from them. I blow my smoke in the opposite direction. I won't, WON'T smoke around kids, even if the parents say its fine, I just don't agree with pushing my "bad habit" onto other people.

I say if you enjoy it, have at it. Don't beat yourself up for smoking, but if it makes you feel unhealthy and "wrong" in some way shape or form, then do OTHER things to take your mind off of wanting one.

And I was being serious, bro. I'll pay for the shipping and everything. xD; /cant find them online
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 01:31 AM Reply With Quote  
My Law is Marshall
Default   #9  
Don't influence her Batty. Hehe. :P

Old Posted 06-13-2012, 01:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
But bats, I like smoking this specific brand. I'll just make sure I smoke once or twice. I won't really beat myself up for it. I know when to stop anyways. :D
I know a site, bats. Let me link ya to it.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 01:39 AM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #11  
then, I say have at it. Theres nothing wrong with it, since its YOUR choice. Your of age, you enjoy it, I wouldn't feel bad about it.

Besides, how bad could flavored ones be? Its almost like a clove cigarette, or the [yummy] occasional flavored cigar.
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 01:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauv Keiko View Post
@Arikana: well, when I was a kid I hated the whole act of smoking and swore not to smoke, but meh. Promises are broken.
I swore I would never smoke to when I was younger. And I'm pretty sure that even if my brain falters in keeping promises, my nose and lungs will make sure I keep it cause they can't stand cigarette smoke at all. So I'm glad I have 'em. >w<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batty View Post
But I'm a considerate smoker. If theres someone around me, who doesn't like it, I either won't light up, or I'll walk a good 15 feet away from them. I blow my smoke in the opposite direction. I won't, WON'T smoke around kids, even if the parents say its fine, I just don't agree with pushing my "bad habit" onto other people.
Aww, that's really awesome of you to do so Batty. <3

*tries to calculate if fifteen feet would be enough distance for my nose's heightened sense of smell to pick it up* Hmm... :ninja:

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 01:41 AM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #13  
I also make sure I'm downwind. I mean, I don't mind killing my lungs. I'd rather go out happy, and doing something I enjoy BY MYSELF, than force someone else, who, doesn't agree with the lifestyle, to go out with me.

If you told me, right now, you'd much rather I didn't smoke around you? I would either find some secluded area away from you to do it, or I'd be the slowest of the slow pokes walking behind you, so that I knew you'd be alright.
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 01:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Ehh, I'd manage. I have ways to combat when around those that smoke, though I dunno how effective they really are I could last at most a minute or two with them. So I hope those people can smoke REALLL FAST. XD

Or else I be shifting away a bit to put some fresh air in between us. *nodnod*

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 01:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #15  
@bats: yeah, it is my choice. However, my goody self tells me not to because it will affect the people who love me and basically don't want me to smoke ^^"

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 01:54 AM Reply With Quote  
My Law is Marshall
Hehe your goody self. I'm not going to demand it, and it does not affect me that much. The only reason it bothers me is because it's bad for you, and the longer you live the better. :)

Old Posted 06-13-2012, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote