Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mother Ship
Default   #17  
My thoughts: I would have rather the event be delayed. If there a story line to it at all? (It also doesn't help that I don't really like the items, nothing wrong with them, I just remember other event items being better, of course that could just be my brain glorifying them)

I am a bit disappointed is no October Items....since it's the Halloween month and that seems to be the most likely, for any website, to have something good. But it isn't like I have money to buy runes....and I can rarely if ever find someone selling them so...-shrugs-
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 11:36 AM Reply With Quote  
an evil, possessed, psycho doll
Poggio, I donate to another site that has 3 - 4 colors for their di's and 3 - 5 poses. You pay for the color not for the pose.

for example

I want every pose of a DI here I'll be paying $40+ because of things like individual sleeves, boots, socks, belts, hair, extensions so on so forth. On the site I go to and actually do donate to, I want every pose in every color I pay $7.50 - $10 and have it, and the community is happy with that so don't put it on the users and say they wouldn't pay for it as they will if it is for quality work something that isn't in items as it stands. After all quality over quantity.

Meiz, the site I go on has one coder, one artist and three mods. The coder and the artists are full time collage students, and have jobs. Each of the mods have a job so the fact of school and work can't be used as an excuse I'm sorry, more so as this site has more staff than the user base requires (at least in the mod department). Your opinion does matter, and I'm not ticked off by it as just like you I have been staff and understand just how hard and draining it is to do things. Myself like other users would just prefer to wait for something decent than something half baked that looks rushed.

Galla when I said has been the same in the last for years I meant such as the DI's being released on the first of every month. Events change dates, but lets be honest there hasn't been that much of an update in the storyline since what the nox event last year. I know yourself and the other staff members are passionate but the way things are going it would be kinder to put the site out of it's misery. This is my opinion and I don't care if it ticks you or anyone else off as I seen this site in 2010 and it's now just a shadow of its former self.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakadon
I give you the right to yell at anyone that breaks my RP rules >:U
Nikko is my nii sama and Reyoki is my nee sama

この終わりのない声で、私はそれは私の選択で、歌います

Old Posted 11-02-2013, 12:02 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Default   #19  
I'd much rather not see another avatar site I actually like closing down D:! (I'm a former Crysandrea member and was very sad when I found out that the site would not be relaunched and I'd hate to see Trisphee have the same fate T.T, but, then again that might just be me...).
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 12:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Cage
If this site closed down, I would have nowhere to go when I really need to take my mind off things without being judged or trolled. x__x;
It's a big deal to me. Even if the items aren't released on time, even if they're not as good as the last. I'm not here for the items, I'm here for the feeling of having a place to go.
This site actually makes a big difference for me, just being here xD;

Also, since I don't have a job and I'm not in school myself, I realize I know nothing about it so I'm sorry.
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 12:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Lurker of Lurkiness
Default   #21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meizicht View Post
Even if the items aren't released on time, even if they're not as good as the last. I'm not here for the items, I'm here for the feeling of having a place to go.
This site actually makes a big difference for me, just being here
^That. It honestly makes me upset when people leave because there is a lack of storyline/item updates.

I'm here for the community. For the friends I've made and the friends I've yet to make. To have somewhere to go when I need to talk and to be here for someone when they need to. It's like getting mad at a free con for not having enough events or vendors for you. It's like ... you could try walking around and socializing? That's what it's there for. To hang out with people with similar interests.

Sorry if any of that sounded rude. I didn't mean for it to...
As fabulous and pretty as they are, Ulti's avatars are always male~

Please use "he"/"him" or "they"/"them" pronouns when referring to me please <3

User since 9-22-10

I love it when people use my Sinopa emotes~ <3
~
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 01:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
@Kaguya: Would you really donate to tris? I don't want to sound mean by being blunt but for months now you have been saying you have been leaving. If we were to implement these changes would you stay as an active member? I am not trying to sound harsh but that is the whole point of the DI, to pay per pose. It helps raise the revenue for the site. The unique thing about the site in that having so many different poses is that you can pick and choose how things work for your avatar in the layering system. Not only this but certain artist have signature things they tend to design the most, hence why we have an influx of puffy sleves XD

I don't feel like this is a good solution for a few reasons that will eventually come to bite Trisphee back on the butt. I also do not want to get my hopes up and try something that I think the users will just bitch about regardless. I know that you think cutting out something is a good idea but doing that to A DI makes it no different then a RIG, not that it matters because many users have said various opinions before in the other thread similar of this nature. Unless the staff members find time to set aside for tris even in their busy schedule the situation needs something more drastic.

I am sure that the team will think about your suggestion, along with others that have already been proposed such as releasing recolors of old DI, various improvements on the sites coding and the events in the future.
Last edited by Poggio; 11-02-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 04:27 PM Reply With Quote  
an evil, possessed, psycho doll
Default   #23  
For someone not wanting to be mean that was a very bitchy comment I have art comissioned and am giving away my items or would you rather another damn account filled with older rare items collecting dust and making the market place even more stagnant than it already is! And giving my history with this site... no I would never, ever donate to it again even if it was the last avatar site on the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakadon
I give you the right to yell at anyone that breaks my RP rules >:U
Nikko is my nii sama and Reyoki is my nee sama

この終わりのない声で、私はそれは私の選択で、歌います

Old Posted 11-02-2013, 04:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauv Keiko View Post
If Chloe can code, she can try and help tris >o<?
I am only learning the code so doubt I could be much help cause I glanced at the codes for an avatar site awhile back and it's not Java.. I believe they run on CSS.. Now if one of the coders wanted to take an apprentice on, I wouldn't mind helping and getting experience.

In a way, I go on forums to get a break from the world around me. I get to meet new people, maybe make a new friend in the process and socialize a bit. I don't require a ton of socializing.. I like a small, tight group of people and after that, I don't venture far from the group.

It is a little sad no October DIs cause it's the only month where you can get items that have twisted themes to them.. Most sites don't do items with blood, etc unless it's Halloween.. Some sites don't go farther than blood, which is sad cause I love making spooky avatars.

@Poggio - I know Kaguya is leaving for a fact.. some of the items she has in her giveaway are mine cause we felt it would be better just to combine our inventories and host one big giveaway/art request.

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Last edited by Chloe; 11-02-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 04:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #25  
@kag: That is what I do with my gaia account. I just let it rot even though I have a plethora of real invested money on the site.
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 04:43 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
well this is my two cents but if a person does not want to be here then they really need to leave. it is simple and appropriate and if that means giving your account to a proxy then fine but better gone of one's own choice than banned for being nasty on a regular basis

on the matter of the topic, i think if you are on a site just for the items you are not really invested but that is just me, though it might help if people still kept donating. there are yearlies if you need reimbursed but money might help since that means tris might be able to pay for the help it desperately needs
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 05:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #27  
@Chole: Giveaways and charities are fine. I was more curious if she really would pay for a down grade in an item or be an active user and in the user markets. Stuff like that. Because we would not just be doing this for single users we would be doing it on a whole. The whole population of tris would be buying into this idea. Working out the logistics, If/when she leaves we have to explain it to the other paying users as to why they are getting half instead of a whole.
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 05:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo View Post
well this is my two cents but if a person does not want to be here then they really need to leave. it is simple and appropriate and if that means giving your account to a proxy then fine but better gone of one's own choice than banned for being nasty on a regular basis
All would depend on the what they are banned for, and sometimes I question why some people who have been nasty to others, not naming anyone here, have not been banned? What goes around, comes around, as the old saying goes. And I really think your comment, Choco, was uncalled for about being banned for being nasty, I found that was quite rude in honesty. We all have rights to voice our opinions, and shouldn't that be the basis on improving the site? Listening to what the users say? And it's a free site, people can come back and check up to see what is going on or is that a crime now?

And not everyone has the funds to donate either.. it's nice to talk about people donating to help the site but you got to remember that everyone is facing finical problems with the current economy.. that is not going to change.. till members are in a state where they can afford to donate.

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Last edited by Chloe; 11-02-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 05:27 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #29  
it was a little blunt i must admit but i have been reading and watching and i have noticed uncomfortable trends that are counterproductive to the site and this is a place where that counterproductive trend is taking place. it is ok to say when something is bothering you but trashing that something and disrespecting anyone who would defend it goes beyond that and falls into the realm of trolling

and that is true, there are people who cannot donate but for the people who CAN and choose not to because there are no current monthlies i wish to talk them into donating even if it is only a little to help keep the site from going under when the bills come due since i am not sure enough people are already invested in the idea of saving runes for the future or catching up on yearlies so far
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 05:38 PM Reply With Quote  
TWIGNIFICIENT PIXELATOR
Kaguya - "The coder and the artists are full time collage students, and have jobs. Each of the mods have a job so the fact of school and work can't be used as an excuse I'm sorry, more so as this site has more staff than the user base requires (at least in the mod department)."

That's great for them, but at least for the pixelists (namely mon and I), we're going to college for design/art. Personally, I'm in the studio at least 4 nights a week working on assignments, and when I'm not I have classes to attend, other homework that needs doing, a house to clean, relationships to maintain, as well as hunting for a job to pay for my apartment. On top of all this, I've been dealing with pneumonia for the past two weeks.

That being said, there is a lack of pixelists on here to begin with. Mon is in school as well which keeps her just as busy as me, Moony had to resign, and Fen is very busy with work as well. I get that it sucks that we don't have that many update item-wise, believe me, I feel terrible that I can't personally do more. That's great that the other site you mentioned can do so much, but that's one example. Everyone's situation is different, and sometimes that means a delay, and all we can hope is that people still remain loyal to Tris and the community here.

That being said, it IS hard to find people that are wanting to take a pixelist job at the moment. I've been looking as well for someone to help out. Not many takers.
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 08:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Default   #31  
Kinda drifting off topic here guys, yeah i went to offline staff for like forever cos i felt bad i couldnt contribute much. We know we have a lot of mods on the list but what you don't see is that most help out in other sections too, whether with sorting or proofreading writing or uploading achievements and even designs and recolours for some. We are working hard on trying to get the DI schedule back on track (even I tried to pixel which ended horribly xD) and Gall has been working almost non stop to get them done. Yeah so I think I was trying to make the point of patience or something, oh yeah event.

We ended up putting the event out because we already had the items done and its something we could actually do while waiting for DIs to be done. So rather than "hey guys no DIs yet sorry", we have "hey guys we're sorry about the DI delay but here's something to do while you wait". Personally I'm enjoying the event because I'm actually posting for once and earning currency rather than chasing around staff for deadlines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 08:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Cage
I keep reading Poggio's post over and over to find the part that is "bitchy" but for the life of me, I can't seem to see it.
I'm just saying I don't understand why this discussion exploded into nasty all of a sudden.
So this will be my last point before I stop posting in here, unless someone decides to get at me for what I'm going to say:

Trisphee is not about items. It's not about cash. There is no privileged few. For most people here, it is a place to go when you need friends to talk to, when you want a place to feel more like home than a giant monopoly like gaia that asks for you to pay rent. If you're here just for the items, that, to me, is cold. This is a site that focuses on the one thing that avi sites should focus on, and that's us. Isn't that kind of more important than some pixels? Instead of just seeing us as bundles of money. If it isn't your cup of tea, then just like everything else, find something that is. So, while they are doing what they can with making items, it would be a sad thing if you focus on solely that instead of the fact that there is a rare collection of human beings here that won't troll you over every single thing.
Even if you don't like the community, that doesn't mean the rest of us are the same. I love this community. It has saved me quite a few times when it comes to the state of my mind, than any other place. I met my best friends here, and I desperately do not want that taken away. =/
This site is kind of my helpline.
THAT is what is important to me. Not some pixels.
Maybe we should all calm down and take a bit to appreciate the people here for a bit instead of "when will the items be out, when will the items be better".

PS: Lets stop looking at it from "but other avi sites do this" sort of perspective as well. Trisphee is not "other avi sites". Maybe we should try to be different from all the others and continue to be a good community, instead of losing that over some items that don't even exist in the material world.

+waits for the angry responses+

Edit: In case this is taken as me targeting ( covering all bases here ), this is not aimed at anyone. It's for everyone.
Last edited by Meizicht; 11-02-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 10:47 PM Reply With Quote