Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Queen of Typoes
Default   #3073  
my desk job is weird - there's only the two of us - when my boss is there, i'm not, and when i'm there, she's not. my day this week is thursday, and then we'll reassess for next week.

my weekend retail job is wonky, the manager texted this morning saying we might have to close, but then a few hours later he says this week we'll actually still be open. my younger daughter (who works at the store as well) is in tomorrow, and i'm in on friday.

in the meantime, i have yarn; forums; and i picked up my shopping for the week. i ordered the limit of 5 single rolls of TP.... and got only 1 XD

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 03-17-2020, 06:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
*yawwwnn* I just woke up from a midday nap. I never have those, but now's a good time to return to them I guess...You guys ever wonder like, when you fall asleep and then wake up, if you're in the same dimension as the one you fell asleep in? =.=;???

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 03-17-2020, 06:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3075  
after the way this year's been? i wonder that all the time!

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 03-17-2020, 07:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
this year's fucked already, pal.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 03-17-2020, 07:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3077  
It's St. Patrick's day,
and all the bars are closed.
x'D This is such a travesty.

*she says as she lazily ponders celebrating at home, while drinking and playing video games like a clumsy idiot, but then again, it wouldn't be such a great idea now because I have to help take care of an injured granny, and I can't do that if I'm bumping into the walls and can't balance myself well enough to flippin' stay still*

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 03-17-2020, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 03-17-2020, 08:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3079  
Ohhh plsss yes. Q.Q <3

Old Posted 03-17-2020, 09:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
I'd like to try making my own protein bars but am overwhelmed by the possibilities.
Old Posted 03-17-2020, 10:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3081  
Simultaneously awesome and awful, so into the shouting thread it goes!

My wife is currently undergoing a double jaw surgery to correct an overbite that's been bothering her for all her life, and it turns out that it will also correct a respiratory obstruction she never knew she had. The hospital will be calling me with hourly updates, and I just got the first of those to let me know that the anesthetic is working and that the surgery is underway with no issues or complications.

It's positive and hopeful, in that this could really improve her quality of life in a way she can't really imagine. The surgeon has plenty of experience and while the procedure is moderately invasive it's also reasonably straightforward with few risks of complications.

It's also anxiety-inducing, in that it's a major surgery. It's a five-hour procedure that involves cutting and moving a lot of bone. The worst case scenario is exceptionally unlikely, but my protective instincts toward my wife are naturally amplifying the emotional reaction. And even in the best case she's going to be in the hospital overnight for monitoring, she'll have her jaw tied closed for at least two weeks, she'll be on a liquid diet for that whole time, and she's going to have to manage a lot of pain.

Intellectually I know that everything will be fine, and that the recovery isn't going to take that long in the grand scheme of things. But emotionally I'm running on three hours of sleep because I had to get her checked in before dawn and I'm concerned for my beloved.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-18-2020, 09:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Intellectually I know that everything will be fine, and that the recovery isn't going to take that long in the grand scheme of things. But emotionally I'm running on three hours of sleep because I had to get her checked in before dawn and I'm concerned for my beloved.
;.; Coda you must really love your wife! To loose sleep and combat such worry despite their being little to worry about... ;u; It's a testament to the unconventional yet refreshing relationship between few married couples. I hope your wife knows how concerned and supportive you're being!

Actual shout: >8O I forgot to order the plastic spiders for my brother's cake! AAAAAAAAAAAA NOOOOOOOO!!! <xO

Old Posted 03-18-2020, 12:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3083  
{{hugs to Coda and his wife}}

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 03-18-2020, 12:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I got a call from the hospital. The surgery went fine and she just needs to wake up from the anesthetic and get a review, then they'll bring her into a room where she'll spend the night. I can join her once she's in that room.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-18-2020, 01:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3085  
good good. that's good.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 03-18-2020, 01:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Hope the recovery goes well!

And ugh, could have sworn that I had 2 lip balms in my coat pocket but now they're gone and did I put them in the fridge with the intent to grab different ones and forget or are they just...gone?
XP
Old Posted 03-18-2020, 02:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #3087  
Glad to see the scariest part is over, Coda. I bet she can't wait to start feeling better in comparison to how things were before the surgery.
Old Posted 03-18-2020, 03:18 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I have an overbite as well and have been offered a correction but I didn't want to go through that. ;_; Plus it doesn't bother me all that much so I doubt I'll ever undergo surgery for it. I would only need my lower jaw to be moved forward though but when I was told everything about that my anxiety said nope. It isn't required and my health is just fine regardless so lmao yeah no. If I've lived 30 years with it, I can live the rest of my life with it.

The worst I had to deal with was being bullied over it in elementary school. But that's all in the past.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Last edited by KittyBeary; 03-18-2020 at 05:56 PM.
Old Posted 03-18-2020, 05:52 PM Reply With Quote